Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    If Matty Piss could put up 30....
    They have a knack of getting ahead in the 1st half and then pissing it away in the 2nd. You can't do that against this Chiefs teams. Ask Houston and Tennessee. I think, though, it's going to be a good game. As a Rams' fan, I anything will be better than the show that transpired last year...

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    They have a knack of getting ahead in the 1st half and then pissing it away in the 2nd. You can't do that against this Chiefs teams. Ask Houston and Tennessee. I think, though, it's going to be a good game. As a Rams' fan, I anything will be better than the show that transpired last year...
    Didn't you use to be a Seahawks fan?

Yeah, I think the Chiefs are going to win. Ever since the Colts and Texans and Packers gashed them back-to-back-to-back mid season, the Chiefs learned to stop the run and they've been shutting it down consistently ever since.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

"In evaluating these two teams, though, there's one significant weakness that stands out: the Chiefs' run defense. Against most teams, the Chiefs are simply too devastating on offense for their 29th-ranked run defense to matter. The 49ers have feasted on those terrible run defenses in 2019, scoring 51 points on the 32nd-ranked Panthers, 31 points on the 30th-ranked Browns and 41 points on the 28th-ranked Bengals. Furthermore, if you were trying to build a defense for Shanahan to exploit in the passing game, you'd want to build one that was overmatched at linebacker and free safety.

The Chiefs have been able to overcome sloppy play on defense and special teams by scoring at an astronomical, unsustainable rate on offense, even by Mahomes' incredible standards. The 49ers won't shut down Mahomes, and I would be worried about a fourth-quarter comeback if the 49ers are winning once the pass rush begins to tire and Reid finds a weakness, but this is the best defense Mahomes has faced during the postseason by a considerable margin. The 49ers should be better along the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball in this game, and that has won football games for a century now. If Mahomes can overcome those advantages and still guide Reid to his first Super Bowl victory, we'll be lucky enough to see it. 49ers 27, Chiefs 23"
    The Chiefs run defense has gotten a lot better at the end of the season. In their last 6 games, they've only give up 100+ once (103 to the Chargers).
    Also, I think they had an injury to one of their prime run stoppers.

That being said, the 49s run scheme is probably the best in the NFL with both a great blocking FB and TE.

My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Didn't you use to be a Seahawks fan?

Yeah, I think the Chiefs are going to win. Ever since the Colts and Texans and Packers gashed them back-to-back-to-back mid season, the Chiefs learned to stop the run and they've been shutting it down consistently ever since.
    I was. It was more I was a Pete Carroll fan and due to my ties with USC and I am firstly an L.A. fan. My allegiance is to L.A., so I also stated here that when L.A. would get a team, I'd throw my fandom into the new or relocated team whoever was here first.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I was. It was more I was a Pete Carroll fan and due to my ties with USC and I am firstly an L.A. fan. My allegiance is to L.A., so I also stated here that when L.A. would get a team, I'd throw my fandom into the new or relocated team whoever was here first.
    why not the Chargers tbh?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The Chiefs run defense has gotten a lot better at the end of the season. In their last 6 games, they've only give up 100+ once (103 to the Chargers).

That being said, the 49s run scheme is probably the best in the NFL with both a great blocking FB and TE.
    Yes, Chris Jones missed time. Their LBs aren't really dual purpose which is a problem for their defense, but if they can control the run on early downs they can get after the passer on longer D&D situations.

The one place where Shanahan might sting the Chiefs is if he throws in a zinger by running up the middle on say, a 3rd & 8 when all the small and fast guys are on the field... he stung the Packers for the opening TD that way.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yes, Chris Jones missed time. Their LBs aren't really dual purpose which is a problem for their defense, but if they can control the run on early downs they can get after the passer on longer D&D situations.

The one place where Shanahan might sting the Chiefs is if he throws in a zinger by running up the middle on say, a 3rd & 8 when all the small and fast guys are on the field... he stung the Packers for the opening TD that way.
    One other thing to note is that the Charger's RBs also had over 100 yards receiving. They (49ers) don't target their RBs a ton but I'm sure Shannahan has several of these plays designed. He used Coleman/Freeman pretty efficiently in Atlanta.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Last night I rewatched the Ravens SB for the first time since that night 7 years ago

My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    why not the Chargers tbh?
    They weren't the first team to come to L.A. the Rams were.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Man you guys be glad you don't live here. Mahomes fever has gotten way over the top. I'm looking forward to this game as a fan but god damn I'm glad it's tomorrow.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    https://www.kcbd.com/2020/01/29/its-...k-mahomes-day/

This is gonna be a awkward if they lose...or worse he throws a pick to end the game or some like that.

Nicely done.
    Some of these analytics nerds completely fail to figure this in. "Per game" blah blah. "Ranked".

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    In the Playoffs, Chiefs have surrendered 25 more points versus slightly inferior compe on. That is nearly 2 more TDs per game

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Man you guys be glad you don't live here. Mahomes fever has gotten way over the top. I'm looking forward to this game as a fan but god damn I'm glad it's tomorrow.
    Let me guess...every East Texas city and town is claiming some kind of link to Mahomes or his dad. And the local news is running interviews with all the teachers, coaches, teammates, and opponents.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    damn, cant believe he called him a choker like that

damn, cant believe he called him a choker like that
    Led the league in GW drives from 06-14 tbh

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Chiefs 27
    49ers 24

tbh.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Chiefs 24
    49ers 27

tbh.
    ftfy

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    I expect the Chiefs to win by 8 or more, tbh.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Damn even posters on here eating up the media hype

I'm betting a couple hundred on 49ers

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    49ers 24
    Chiefs 38

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Let me guess...every East Texas city and town is claiming some kind of link to Mahomes or his dad. And the local news is running interviews with all the teachers, coaches, teammates, and opponents.
    Pretty much, but the over-saturation here is just out of hand since I live less than ten miles from where he grew up. Btw his dad is a raging ing alcoholic. He's been kicked out of bars here more than a few times.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Mahomes the GOAT after only playing like 2 years, with a star studded supporting cast...ok

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I went to Philadelphia in January 2018, the Eagles won the Super Bowl.

I went to Kansas City in December 2019, so the Chiefs will win the Super Bowl.

#TheMessiahEffect

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Mahomes the GOAT after only playing like 2 years, with a star studded supporting cast...ok
    Consistently below average offensive line and running game. Worst defense in the NFL last year, and very poor for the first half of 2019.

Not to mention Hill has missed chunks of time and Watkins has missed roughly half of possible games with the Chiefs

Thread Information