My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another game that Forbes starts, and is trash, another game Pop should get an F-. Good grades otherwise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Murray really worthy of his NBA defensive honors a couple of years ago??? He isn't playing near that level now. He doesn't look like he has the BB IQ to play guard at a high level either. It's hard to let go of a dream, but maybe his best value is trade material????

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Murray really worthy of his NBA defensive honors a couple of years ago??? He isn't playing near that level now. He doesn't look like he has the BB IQ to play guard at a high level either. It's hard to let go of a dream, but maybe his best value is trade material????

He went from playing alongside Danny green, Manu ginobili and Kyle anderson. To playing alongside Bryn Forbes, Trey lyles and demar DeRozan. He is over helping this year because of it and he is biting on a lot of fakes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can i ask why Forbes gets a +

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn Forbes’ Make-A-Wish Foundation starting job and his corresponding minutes are getting more and more difficult to stomach. Truth be told, it’s been obvious for a long time now that he’s not starting material. To salvage any of his value, the coaching staff needs to bring Forbes off the bench. Against the Heat, Forbes made matters worse by forcing three-pointers over the top of defenders. When Forbes wasn’t missing threes, he was busy totaling a combined zero rebounds, assists, steals and blocks.
    Some Edge Lord wording right there Had to double check who the author of these grades were.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I blame Lonnie's second guessing on offense on pop. When you have somone breathing down your neck waiting for you to do something wrong so he can bench you, it kills the way you play the game. Now you have to worry about the defense and worry about pop. Classic Pop neutering

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can’t help but think LWIV indecisiveness is on Pop. You can tell he plays timid at times, in the back of his mind he’s probably thinking if I take this shot will I get benched and etcetera. Who knows how he would play with a leash like Bryn and Marco tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some Edge Lord wording right there Had to double check who the author of these grades were.
    Tbh, I might have subconsciously stole that from someone here. Apologies in advance if that's the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To win with Marco heavy minutes is a fool’s gold. Any other time, it’s a lost and would’’ve been if those Heat’s 3 points connected, 29%. It was a perfect time to put Carroll and see what he can do in Gay’s absence, or even Keldon or Metu. Beli heavy minutes is just not sustainable. Spurs got lucky. I like Lyle’s efforts. I think he needs to be consistently aggressive. Forbes’ should be limited to catch and shoot, shoot on pick and roll, no more, and 16 mins was more than enough. Bottomline, I like for Pop to commit on defense, win on D and that’s not how Spurs last night. But because Heat missed some shots. So a B for Pop was too high imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop almost blew the game if it were not for Becky demanding he challenge a call near the end of the game. At best he should get a C for that brain fart alone.

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was hoping Becky would also get a grade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He went from playing alongside Danny green, Manu ginobili and Kyle anderson. To playing alongside Bryn Forbes, Trey lyles and demar DeRozan. He is over helping this year because of it and he is biting on a lot of fakes
    If he's biting on a lot of fakes it must be because of practices with White. White only knows one fake at the 3 pt line--a head fake as though he is gonna do a step back 3. I don't think it works too well because he doesn't EVER actually shoot a step back 3.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup

becky saved pops ass

starting forbes always GUARANTEES- a quick first qtr deficit

but pop insists

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop almost blew the game if it were not for Becky demanding he challenge a call near the end of the game. At best he should get a C for that brain fart alone.
    I think Pop is out of touch on the rules and was probably hesitant it would work against him. I am sure that one assistant, eg Becky, job is to monitor challengers and what would likely work in Spurs favour. We have seen good challenge work against teams. Things like a clean no contact shooting foul where the defensive team gets the rebound were called fouls. After a successful challenge, refs order a jump ball because the call was made while the ball was live. like that is frustrating to see.

When Becky told Pop to challenge, it is possible that is her job and he listened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nbas consolation prize for patfo kawhi drama, u really thing that ib wanker is worthy of all d selection? he didnt lock up anyone that year, clown is all hype and talk...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No mention of Becky having to bail out Pop on the challenge? Come on man that was a 3 point swing. Could've easily cost the team the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No mention of Becky having to bail out Pop on the challenge? Come on man that was a 3 point swing. Could've easily cost the team the game.
    Kori covered that, tbf: https://www.spurstalk.com/becky-hamm...in-miami-heat/

can i ask why Forbes gets a +
    Because it's not exactly unexpected that he'll play poorly, tbh.

Was Murray really worthy of his NBA defensive honors a couple of years ago???
    He looks the same physically as before the torn ACL but there's no denying that his advanced defensive stats went from stellar to subpar, unfortunately.

Believe.
    My Team
    Philadelphia 76ers
    Post Count
    All I have to say is vornskr is playing like a genius. Well done sir. Although you are wrong about JackOfSpades being the consig and Raiden being the GF, your logic is impeccable.

Thread Information