Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just flat out the best Assistant coach in the business.

we lucky we have her

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think that he didn't let her coach and came up with that committee or Timmy was the coach bull because he knew she'd go HAM on his PETS?

At the time I didn't understand it but now this seems crystal clear.
    That's a pretty fair assessment.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP dislikes himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team would be over 0.500 if she was the head coach

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #beckywiththegoodplays can't save us fast enough

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you even make that determination, though? It's hard enough ranking head coaches with all the confounding variables involved in their success or failure, much less assistant coaches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OMFG.

Pop seems uninterested and senile as

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OMFG.

Pop seems uninterested and senile as
    If he don't care and just give Becky what she wants then I think it's all good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he don't care and just give Becky what she wants then I think it's all good.
    I dont think its Pop... I think he's just grooming her TBH. She's been all over the players for awhile now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think its Pop... I think he's just grooming her TBH. She's been all over the players for awhile now.
    Maybe he is handing over the reins to her next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lucky players!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

When Bryn walks past Becky on the bench, it looks like she is gonna fist bump him or something, and he ignores the gesture and just walks by. But the camera angle doesn't quite capture it, and then it switches to another view altogether. I can't really tell what happens there...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team looked terrible until December. You can blame only Popovich but it was all the coaching staff not doing their job well.

I still don't know WTF happened the game Popovich was ejected. I thought Hammon was the main assistant and she was supossed to coach the team but what I watched scaped to my understanding.

I'm glad finally Becky and the assistants are improving their performance. Clearly Popovich delegates on them as he has had great coaches next to him in the last 20 years. Ettore Messina casts a long shadow. Udoka had to be doing something right into the Spurs coaching team as well. Too bad of planning the Spurs faced their hardest season in terms of coaching with the weakest coaching team in 20 years. I'd love to know how much desperation had a part on asking Tim Duncan to join Pop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop knows what he's doing AGAIN when it comes to important decisions. Becky is gonna be the next Spurs head coach and she is unleashed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's all be sure to get the name right.

Becky Hammon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Becky is my dream girl... for the next head coaching job for the Spurs once the vacancy opens up next year. I see Pop "retiring" by going back up in the front office at the end of the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    absolute basic strategy being employed is being celebrated like some breakthru because it was enacted past Grandpa.

FFS

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Becky's confidence as a coach sure seems to be growing.

I bet Pop hangs on for a couple more years, let's Becky keep growing, then hands the Spurs to her.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Becky's confidence as a coach sure seems to be growing.

I bet Pop hangs on for a couple more years, let's Becky keep growing, then hands the Spurs to her.

"Let's Becky keep growing"?

How about he retires and stops impeding her and most of the teams progress.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team looked terrible until December. You can blame only Popovich but it was all the coaching staff not doing their job well.

I still don't know WTF happened the game Popovich was ejected. I thought Hammon was the main assistant and she was supossed to coach the team but what I watched scaped to my understanding.

I'm glad finally Becky and the assistants are improving their performance. Clearly Popovich delegates on them as he has had great coaches next to him in the last 20 years. Ettore Messina casts a long shadow. Udoka had to be doing something right into the Spurs coaching team as well. Too bad of planning the Spurs faced their hardest season in terms of coaching with the weakest coaching team in 20 years. I'd love to know how much desperation had a part on asking Tim Duncan to join Pop.
    I remember it was Tim who ask Pop for the role as Pop couldn't find anyone to take on the role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd give Becky three years to put a team together as HC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Becky pushes all the right buttons. Also give Will Hardy credit, he's the one who told Derrick White to "shoot the ing ball" in the game against the Suns. I think Tim is not doing a lot of in-game coaching if any, it seems like his main task is player development.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember it was Tim who ask Pop for the role as Pop couldn't find anyone to take on the role.
    i believe this is correct.
    and i believe Pop told him he waiting to hear back from Manu but when Manu declined, then Tim got the gig.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats what it looked like to me, but dude, Pop really dont give a this year. Becks seems to have had enough and is doing what she can to salvage the season but ol timmy really is just like pop.

What Evs....

people are ragging on timmy's lack of enthusiasm or participation based on what we see during the games without actually knowing what he does.
    we obviously know that timmys got a high bbiq. we know he's great with players. we know he was fundamentally sound with everything he did regarding basketball. none of that changes now that he's on the bench as an asst coach. i can guarantee that tims at ude is far from "whatever" regarding the teams success.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Becky pushes all the right buttons. Also give Will Hardy credit, he's the one who told Derrick White to "shoot the ing ball" in the game against the Suns. I think Tim is not doing a lot of in-game coaching if any, it seems like his main task is player development.

thats my impression as well

Thread Information