Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I’m surprised you were able to find people saying dumb in an internet comments section.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe they should draft better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe they should draft better.
    Josh Jackson playing for Memphis' g-league team, exclusively, comes to mind. Strictly salary ballast in a trade, and wasn't even invited to training camp.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    completely agree. People here believe that a 5-10th pick will give them the next superstar.
    Back when RC was GM it wasn't that outlandish to think this team could find a ton of success with lottery picks. With Brian Wright calling shots though, I have no faith in a tank + rebuild.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Josh Jackson playing for Memphis' g-league team, exclusively, comes to mind. Strictly salary ballast in a trade, and wasn't even invited to training camp.
    Ryan McDonough's draft picks during his tenure as Suns GM were historically bad. The next team that hires him is out of their mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God bless Robert Horry, sending that little got into the scorer's table broke them.
    This tbh Nash cucked our the rest of the series

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    completely agree. People here believe that a 5-10th pick will give them the next superstar.
    Why don't you link to a post or two that says they expect the next superstar. Either that or stop saying that same tired old . Overall player quality is better, near the top of a draft. Even you have to understand that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't there some speculation on draft night last year that the Suns drafted the wrong Johnson when they went after Cameron Johnson instead of Keldon Johnson?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't there some speculation on draft night last year that the Suns drafted the wrong Johnson when they went after Cameron Johnson instead of Keldon Johnson?
    Yup. They asked for the wrong Brooks from MEM at the trade deadline a few months earlier, so it's not so far fetched.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, there was. In fact, when his UNC teammate, Colby White (who was drafted 7th) was interviewed and was told Cameron Johnson went at 11 he was genuinely surprised. He said something to the effect of "Wow, Cameron went in the lottery? That's great." Cameron was not expected to go that high by anyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. They asked for the wrong Brooks from MEM at the trade deadline a few months earlier, so it's not so far fetched.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I remember that. They said that the trade was cancelled when they realized they had listed the wrong player. Did that really happen, or was that just a rumor?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over. I'll give you wrong Johnson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember that. They said that the trade was cancelled when they realized they had listed the wrong player. Did that really happen, or was that just a rumor?
    Word was that it happened. They had asked for Marshawn, who was a name a few years back and a former first rounder, when they really wanted recent Memphis second rounder Dillon. Memphis didn't want to give up Dillon, who is now starting for them.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Word was that it happened. They had asked for Marshawn, who was a name a few years back and a former first rounder, when they really wanted recent Memphis second rounder Dillon. Memphis didn't want to give up Dillon, who is now starting for them.
    Yup. The story even made its way into a Game of Zones episode.

Thread Information