Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to know your theories. He must have said something to him that Pop didn't like, otherwise Pop wouldn't have rookies active over him when he played Dante Cunningham and charity case Quincy Pondexter last year. Carroll must have gotten on Pop's bad side. Did he vote for Trump like Dedmon?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want you to tell Bryn and Marco their better than you.

Carroll: N*&&a you

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    maybe carroll asked the young guys about scoring blow and pop caught wind of that.

just saw his twitter for the first time ever and he's like, the most positive nba player weird pop wouldn't be playing him considering he played dante and quincy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe carroll asked the young guys about scoring blow and pop caught wind of that.

just saw his twitter for the first time ever and he's like, the most positive nba player weird pop wouldn't be playing him considering he played dante and quincy.
    Just saw his twitter too. He's like, "take advantage of your opportunity, today." It's not what he said, but he probably just doesn't get it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't buy that he's washed up; he was a good player during his time with the Nets and looked decent in the PS. For him to not even play is pretty damn shocking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably said something like, "Trump is going to make America great again".

Seriously though...this whole saga is just weird. Pop has always run some weird rotations, but I've never seen the Spurs relegate their "big offseason acquisition" to the third string. Morris deserves a lot of blame with the whole Bertans things, but let's not forget that also resulted in the Spurs restructuring things with Carroll so the interest was obviously there.

Something went down. Either he and Pop don't see eye-to-eye, he is hurt, or he is straight up washed...but I find the latter hard to believe considering he was a decent role player as recently as last season.

That said...he hasn't looked good even in the spot minutes he has gotten. He had like one decent preseason game, and otherwise he just seems slow and lost on the court.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Seriously though...this whole saga is just weird. Pop has always run some weird rotations, but I've never seen the Spurs relegate their "big offseason acquisition" to the third string. Morris deserves a lot of blame with the whole Bertans things, but let's not forget that also resulted in the Spurs restructuring things with Carroll so the interest was obviously there.

Something went down. Either he and Pop don't see eye-to-eye, he is hurt, or he is straight up washed...but I find the latter hard to believe considering he was a decent role player as recently as last season.

That said...he hasn't looked good even in the spot minutes he has gotten. He had like one decent preseason game, and otherwise he just seems slow and lost on the court.
    Having less of an impact than Dante Cunningham last season. PATFO is dysfunctional. Not only did they mess up the Bertans - Morris trade. They messed up signing Carroll $7m for 3 seasons. $14m for Gay for 2 seasons. Murray $15m+ for 4 seasons. They have no more cash to sign the other folks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has become a tyrant . I find it very difficult to believe that he's unable to play at all considering he had very solid seasons with the nets. The fact that he desires to play seem to indicate that he believe he's capable and furthermore, even if he did decline, he would still be better than Marco

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want you to tell Bryn and Marco their better than you.

Carroll: N*&&a you
    Hahaha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has become a tyrant . I find it very difficult to believe that he's unable to play at all considering he had very solid seasons with the nets. The fact that he desires to play seem to indicate that he believe he's capable and furthermore, even if he did decline, he would still be better than Marco
    Half of this goddamn forum are better than bellineli

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I can't believe he's regressed beyond what Pondexter and Cunningham provided last year. He really hasn't even had a chance to prove what he can do in real games, and God knows Pop's leash is long with guys like Marco and Forbes, so the fact our big off season acquisition is a constant DNP makes zero sense. Pop's got me scratching my head a lot this year though. He seems determined to want to claw for that 8 seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop needs to go but sadly not going to happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's safe to say that the FA portion of this off-season was botched.

On the other hand, the Spurs aced the draft which is way more important.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His constant dnp is troubling. Not even a spot minute, foul trouble, a look at something different.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop loves to play vets, so this is baffling.

He is either washed up or got on Pop's bad side.
    I can't see any other explanation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Based on what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not washed. I watched his games from last year and he was a decent role player, not someone who can't get a single minute

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't he play a regular season game where he hit 4 3s? Maybe his style of dress shows pop hes not over himself but that'd be dang superficial. I mean they're not even showcasing him for trade bait.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ehhhh… they would have aced it with a better pick at 19. I was against Samanic before the draft, and I still think it was a mistake. What would Thybulle have been worth in that game last night, when they just needed to hold a lead? Or Brandon Clarke for that matter. I was all for Keldon, and Spoon was one of the dark horse picks I wanted the Spurs to take, so I can't argue that part.

Personally, I don't think it makes any difference whether Carroll is washed or not. Signing a guy who can't get ANY minutes is a serious screwup. (Jackie Butler comes to mind.) If Carroll isn't shot, it's a FO screwup. And if he's still capable of contributing, it's a Pop screwup.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is nobody asking Pop about Carroll?

If something like that happened in European soccer or basketball (in any league), the media would ask coaches and management multiple questions about this kind of acquisition?
    But nodody’s asking Pop. That’s just weird. This way we would at least have an official version.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    probably walked into their first practice wearing a "Blacks for Trump" shirt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is nobody asking Pop about Carroll?

If something like that happened in European soccer or basketball (in any league), the media would ask coaches and management multiple questions about this kind of acquisition?
    But nodody’s asking Pop. That’s just weird. This way we would at least have an official version.
    Pop is the Emperors New Clothes right now.

Everyone is just "too stupid" to see what he's wearing and won't call him out for walking around naked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is the Emperors New Clothes right now.

Everyone is just "too stupid" to see what he's wearing and won't call him out for walking around naked.
    Not that you will check
    But I have a number of posts asking someone to ask poop about Tin Man Carroll
    Last edited by GAustex; 01-21-2020 at 11:43 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If reporters would do their job instead of being paid spokesmen for the product someone would have the balls to ask.

Thread Information