Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They asked him at the beginning of the season and Pop simply said he's behind Rudy and Trey in the rotation, which still doesn't make sense cause Carroll is a SF. They could've just resigned Cunningham if they don't plan on playing Carroll. The fact that he's collecting DNPs while healthy means he has done something that pissed Pop off. What that is I don't know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did Carroll say to Pop?

"I know what you did last summer".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's safe to say that the FA portion of this off-season was botched.

On the other hand, the Spurs aced the draft which is way more important.
    You're kidding right? Blue font that then cuz it's way too early to make that judgement when they haven't played real NBA minutes yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carroll- 'Hey Pop I hold you in the highest regard, but what is the deal with Bryn Forbes? The other teams just go straight at him.'
    Pop- 'Time for you to hit the shower mister! You better have plenty of street clothes because you're gonna need'm!'

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would Thybulle have been worth in that game last night, when they just needed to hold a lead?
    There's a 0% chance he would be playing for the Spurs.

He would be driving up and down I-35, watching the big boys in a suit and "getting over himself" for 30 minutes a night in Austin.

Same thing when people say we botched the Bertans thing. Sure, he's a great player for the Wizards. A lot of us knew he could reach that level. But, had he re-signed here, he would 100% be playing spot minutes 16mpg when Pop was upset with Gay or Lyles, just like he did for most of his time here.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The brute fact is that Pop truly doesn't think anyone, young or vet, who doesn't know "the system" by heart has anything to contribute in the short term, which is all he cares about.
    Last edited by get_mills_out; 01-22-2020 at 10:23 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably called out Pop for his bull lineups tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doesn't seem farfetched to imagine a situation where he came in with a big ego expecting to start and be the team's savior based on what so many people were saying about the team needing an SF last year to be elite with Murray returning

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't appear to be the type of guy that has a ego. In fact his wife picked the spurs for him which means its unlikely he has a savior mentality when joining the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is just washed. I wonder though if he had an undisclosed injury before being picked up by us and waited until after free agency to tell us. Like maybe he has a nagging knee injury that won't go away

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “He’s good people,” Popovich said. “At this point, it’s a new program for him and he’s got a couple guys ahead of him at that position. It’s been tough for him to get minutes, but he’s been professional about it and done everything I could ask.”

When pop was asked about Carroll. I find this bull . Why sign him then if the rotations were already tight to begin with? Why not just get a pondexter or Cunningham if you were just going to sit him? Rudy sat for 3 games and Carroll didn't even play a single second and they both play the same position. So I have a hard time of finding his words legit about how it's hard to find minutes for him. He is just too obsessed over Marco and Bryn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “He’s good people,” Popovich said. “At this point, it’s a new program for him and he’s got a couple guys ahead of him at that position. It’s been tough for him to get minutes, but he’s been professional about it and done everything I could ask.”

When pop was asked about Carroll. I find this bull . Why sign him then if the rotations were already tight to begin with? Why not just get a pondexter or Cunningham if you were just going to sit him? Rudy sat for 3 games and Carroll didn't even play a single second and they both play the same position. So I have a hard time of finding his words legit about how it's hard to find minutes for him. He is just too obsessed over Marco and Bryn
    That's just Pop lying his ass off, being politicly correct. Carroll has pissed him off in some type of way.

Thread Information