Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just want to know how high Zion could jump if he weighed a sane amount.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other than injuries, the biggest concern I'd have about his weight is how terrible he looked defensively. Comfortably the worst defender on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other than injuries, the biggest concern I'd have about his weight is how terrible he looked defensively. Comfortably the worst defender on the floor.
    No rim protection at all in the NOP and the Spurs knew it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That quickness to get to his own miss and put it back in was trademark Zion. If he stays healthy, he will be a matchup nightmare. But if the Pels trainers are trying to re-tool the way the guy actually WALKS, much less runs, then I think he is likely to be Greg Oden 2.
    That Pelican team has the worst medical staff run by football guys. I'm curious how they would handle Zion weight issues. Those legs are just not going to support that weight especially with how he like to take off for huge dunk

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was being intentionally left wide open, that's all you need to know about how the Spurs viewed him up to that point. Almost any NBA player can get hot on open shots.

First step was slow, no explosion, really nothing impressive outside of wide open shots, not sustainable.
    When he was covered, he looked bad.

Again, not writing him off after 1 game, but he didn't show anything. I'm sure he will look better with more time on the court and playing his way into shape.
    His second jump is extremely quick. That, combined with his ridiculous vert and nonstop motor is amazing. He is going to be an excellent rebounder from that alone.

He showed comfort handling the ball and making effective passes. He can score down low against guys much bigger than himself.

At a minimum, he will be an elite small ball center. And he doesn't have to be an awesome 3 point shooter to be effective. If he can shoot at least around 33%, that will be enough to make him very difficult to guard.

This dude is worth the hype

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not me. I am not even aware at this stage of the season what place we are in. I just root for my team.
    Same here I gave up on the standing, just wish the Spurs play some decent game. DJ and DW had been playing better these few games, hope they can pickup the standard and stay consistent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    S/O to LMA for his under-appreciated 30 & 14 performance tonight . He carried us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pop has found his 3/4 guards and center line-up. It would be fun to watch if they make that click, 3 long guards, DDR who can score on any defender, and an outside shooting center who can also bang inside.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pop has found his 3/4 guards and center line-up. It would be fun to watch if they make that click, 3 long guards, DDR who can score on any defender, and an outside shooting center who can also bang inside.
    The problem is outside of this lineup we have almost no one else

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good win

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is outside of this lineup we have almost no one else
    On the contrary our 2nd unit is the 4th highest scorer in the league.
    That 4 guards / center lineup is not starting of course. But I can see Pop using that. The only thing is, the ball stops at DDR. Sure he can penetrate and pass but he kills the momentum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was a big win. No was playing good ball lately and once Zion got going felt like a good time to crumble. But they didn’t.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BRYN showing his disappointment and smug walk. Its called matchups Mr forms. You don't matchup and Becky is my womAaaaan . She knows what required to win. Thank God she has pops ear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Whats the point of that video. That Becky is doing her job? And whats up with the yellow curser when Pop went to speak to White about how he handle that last possesion?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the contrary our 2nd unit is the 4th highest scorer in the league.
    That 4 guards / center lineup is not starting of course. But I can see Pop using that. The only thing is, the ball stops at DDR. Sure he can penetrate and pass but he kills the momentum.
    About 50% of our 2nd line up scorers is in the 4 guard line up. Maybe whoever left can still provide some offense but will surely be destroy on defense outside of Poeltl

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just happy for Zion that he's back man. Hopefully he gets to lose some weight and be a beast out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs' next 5 before the RRT:
    PHX
    TOR
    At CHI
    UTA
    CHA

They can reach .500 by going 4-1. It's doable, but would require beating at least one playoff-caliber team at home and not mucking up the rest.
    Tougher schedule than what it seems.We competed in Toronto but Gasol and Vanvleet were out. It will be really hard to beat Raptors and Jazz with their full squads. Spurs should beat the Suns but they lost again at home so I can imagine they'll try their best in order to keep on the playoffs contention. After the game, flight to Chicago and second game in a back to back. After hosting the best team in the league now (Utah) Spurs face a must-win home game vs Hornets.

If Spurs'd play Hornets at home first, then host Chicago and B2B flying Toronto; having the Suns at home next Wednesday and finishing receiving Utah, the schedule would be much easier: three comfortable games at home, rest and play the youngs in Toronto and fight Utah at home in a winning streak, rested and after a couple practices planning the game.

Rodeo Road Trip looks scary. B2B in Los Angeles to begin with, then the two more important games in Portland and Sacramento, finally another tough B2B before the All-Star, visiting Denver and Oklahoma City. After the all-star game, Utah and OKC again and first home game is vs Dallas. Let's see if playoff hopes are still alive at the end of February.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only thing that can guard Zion is his weight and i'm afraid its gonna guard him really well. I dont see him lasting long with that body and if he loses weight he's not gonna be the same player. His athleticism with that weight makes him unique, he loses it, its over.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Whats the point of that video. That Becky is doing her job? And whats up with the yellow curser when Pop went to speak to White about how he handle that last possesion?
    With all the comments from others as well, I thought it was self explanatory . For me , It illustrates at ude Bryn displays when things arnt going well or in this case to his liking. Pop did that sub to matchup and Bryn strutted his stuff .

FInally we seeing an assistant taking an active role in matters and Influence pop.

Anyways I think Drewie probably best explains his use of the yellow curser. Hahah

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kudos to LMA tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A 3... count em: 1...2...3! game win streak! feels like 15 in the good old days!
    I remember a 13 game streak by NBA Champions in Dec 03, where Tony avg'd about 10 AST / game. well above his career avg, a pass first PG for a wonderful stretch rather than a shoot first PG

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just watched the last 2 min again. Bryns d to give away a 3 at the 1min mark was of the matador kind again. At the next stoppage he literally argues with Pop gesturing his hand. Im assuming he suggesting he had hand in face. Which was absolute BS

Pop gives this guy alot of leeway but I'm really glad he was subbed out on the next stoppage.

When watchin film they will see he nowhere near his man. That hand up was hoping his man would miss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 in a row is big, 8 in a row would be better to survive the rodeo road trip. Let's see if they can keep it going

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Smallish Hands, questionable length height, and Wow is that dude Fat.....

But Fat guys doing non fat guys thing is fun, Curly, Belushi, and Farley, While it Lasts
    yep, his arms have no defintion, carrying 20 pounds? too much.

otoh, how do knees and ankles know whether the weight is lean mass or fatty mass?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zion's dart threes won't always be falling.

He needs to get his weight down / fitness up to consistently dominate.

We'll see if that actually happens.

I get that he's just coming back from an injury, but conventional thinking is the weight will be a problem.

Thread Information