Page 1004 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 45049049549941000100110021003100410051006100710081014105411041504 ... LastLast
Results 25,076 to 25,100 of 40782
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charles de Gaulle actually tried to build a wall in the Sahara desert
    unsurprisingly , it didn’t work
    France
    never heard of that but trump suggested to the spanish to do so, stupid republicans

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...oss-the-sahara

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Called it

CNN)The Israeli government says its analysis has shown the Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus vaccine appears to be less effective against infections caused by the Delta variant compared to other strains of Covid-19.
    In a brief statement issued on Monday, the government said that as of June 6, the vaccine provided 64% protection against infection. In May -- when the Alpha variant dominated in Israel and the Delta strain had not yet spread widely -- it found that the shot was 95.3% effective against all infections.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shareholder returns > life and human health

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unvaccinated Americans are catching COVID-19 and telling doctors they're 'shocked' the virus is real

He told the network the hospitalizations are "nearly 100 percent preventable."

He noted treating clients who,

"if they could do it all over again, would have had the vaccine in a second."

Juarez reported he has patients who are "shocked" that coronavirus exists and can be fatal.

"A comment they make all the time is that they wish that they knew they were going to end up in the hospital this sick and they would have made a different choice and got the vaccine,"

Wyoming is also suffering, with only a 35% vaccination rate.

"Whether it's the cowboy way or whatever, the mentality of so much of Wyoming is just 'we're not doing it.'

It's really horrible and heartbreaking,"

https://www.rawstory.com/anti-vaxxer-hospitalization

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unvaccinated Americans are catching COVID-19 and telling doctors they're 'shocked' the virus is real

Juarez reported he has patients who are "shocked" that coronavirus exists and can be fatal.

"A comment they make all the time is that they wish that they knew they were going to end up in the hospital this sick and they would have made a different choice and got the vaccine,"

"Whether it's the cowboy way or whatever, the mentality of so much of Wyoming is just 'we're not doing it.'

The moron discovering that they can burn themselves on a hot stove

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seems reckless, but that's the normality narrative Sleepy Joe is peddling.

past school reopenings, even with social distancing and masking, sparked community spread.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The moron discovering that they can burn themselves on a hot stove
    Nazi's!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vaccine isn't risk free

http://vigiaccess.org

Search "covid-19 vaccine"
    No one ever said that.

They prevent more deaths and illness, by far, than they cause.

You.
    Gullible.
    Idiot.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

past school reopenings, even with social distancing and masking, sparked community spread.

He's panicking, has left the rails and hoping against hope that he can get the vaccinated numbers to his liking, and decidedly so.

Nip & tuck as to whether (they) can scare the non vaccinated into it.

If that sucker didn't have MSM on his side he would be in the ter, the mother er.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well, sort of a problem that solve itself, really.

Too stupid to vaccinate... we should simply start having insurance deny health insurance claims from infections.

these people, IMO.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No one ever said that.

They prevent more deaths and illness, by far, than they cause.

You.
    Gullible.
    Idiot.
    Mornin', fart face.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well, sort of a problem that solve itself, really.

Too stupid to vaccinate... we should simply start having insurance deny health insurance claims from infections.

these people, IMO.
    ...they got ya snortin', eh?

tee, hee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This message is hidden because Thread is on your ignore list.

Another stillborn cry for attention.

Sad.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    New Zealand children falling ill in high numbers due to Covid ‘immunity debt’

New Zealand hospitals are experiencing the payoff of “immunity debt” created by Covid-19 lockdowns, with wards flooded by babies with a potentially-deadly respiratory virus, doctors have warned.

Wellington has 46 children currently hospitalised for respiratory illnesses including respiratory syncytial virus, or RSV. A number are infants, and many are on oxygen. Other hospitals are also experiencing a rise in cases that are straining their resources – with some delaying surgeries or converting playrooms into clinical space.

RSV is a common respiratory illness. In adults, it generally only produces very mild symptoms – but it can make young children extremely ill, or even be fatal. The size and seriousness of New Zealand’s outbreak is likely being fed by what some paediatric doctors have called an “immunity debt” – where people don’t develop immunity to other viruses suppressed by Covid lockdowns, causing cases to explode down the line.

Epidemiologist and public health professor Michael Baker used the metaphor of forest brushfires: if a year or two have passed without fire, there is more fuel on the ground to feed the flames. When a fire finally comes, it burns much more fiercely. “What we’re seeing now is we’ve ac ulated a whole lot of susceptible children that have missed out on exposure – so now they’re seeing it for the first time,” Baker said.

The “immunity debt” phenomenon occurs because measures like lockdowns, hand-washing, social distancing and masks are not only effective at controlling Covid-19. They also suppress the spread of other illnesses that transmit in a similar way, including the flu, common cold, and lesser-known respiratory illnesses like RSA. In New Zealand, lockdowns last winter led to a 99.9% reduction in flu cases and a 98% reduction in RSV - and near-eliminated the e of excess deaths New Zealand usually experiences during winter.

“This positive collateral effect in the short term is welcome, as it prevents additional overload of the healthcare system,” a collective of French doctors wrote in a May 2021 study of immunity debt. But in the long term, it can create problems of its own: if bacterial and viral infections aren’t circulating among children, they don’t develop immunity, which leads to larger outbreaks down the line.

“The lack of immune stimulation… induced an “immunity debt” which could have negative consequences when the pandemic is under control and [public health intervientions] are lifted,” the doctors wrote. “The longer these periods of ‘viral or bacterial low-exposure’ are, the greater the likelihood of future epidemics.”

New Zealand has reported nearly 1,000 RSV cases in the past five weeks, according to the Ins ute of Environmental Science and Research. The usual average is 1,743 over the full 29-week winter season. Australia is also experiencing a surge, with overcrowded Victoria hospitals also hit by unusually high rates of RSV.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-immunity-debt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can tell you if you get a second opinion you will get a different answer.
    Especially if you live in San Antonio. I personally KNOW exactly the people who will give you the opposite answer. And they will say there are enough trials and we have enough evidence from OTHER vaccines that all will be fine from a PROBABILITY point of view.
    What trials have you looked at and why dont YOU consider them thorough? Because your OB/GYN is definitely going to go for what is comfortable for YOUR family. Thats what a doc is going to suggest first unless you are in real trouble. Your wife will be fine taking precautions. If you would rather they not have the vaccine or get the disease you can accomplish that. But if you HAD to choose between those two... And you will be good to your child and give the child the proper vaccines so school is not a problem. And Congrats on the kid. You will be a good father.
    All of science and medicine is on a probability basis.

That is how it works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Zealand children falling ill in high numbers due to Covid ‘immunity debt’

New Zealand hospitals are experiencing the payoff of “immunity debt” created by Covid-19 lockdowns, with wards flooded by babies with a potentially-deadly respiratory virus, doctors have warned.

Wellington has 46 children currently hospitalised for respiratory illnesses including respiratory syncytial virus, or RSV. A number are infants, and many are on oxygen. Other hospitals are also experiencing a rise in cases that are straining their resources – with some delaying surgeries or converting playrooms into clinical space.

RSV is a common respiratory illness. In adults, it generally only produces very mild symptoms – but it can make young children extremely ill, or even be fatal. The size and seriousness of New Zealand’s outbreak is likely being fed by what some paediatric doctors have called an “immunity debt” – where people don’t develop immunity to other viruses suppressed by Covid lockdowns, causing cases to explode down the line.

Epidemiologist and public health professor Michael Baker used the metaphor of forest brushfires: if a year or two have passed without fire, there is more fuel on the ground to feed the flames. When a fire finally comes, it burns much more fiercely. “What we’re seeing now is we’ve ac ulated a whole lot of susceptible children that have missed out on exposure – so now they’re seeing it for the first time,” Baker said.

The “immunity debt” phenomenon occurs because measures like lockdowns, hand-washing, social distancing and masks are not only effective at controlling Covid-19. They also suppress the spread of other illnesses that transmit in a similar way, including the flu, common cold, and lesser-known respiratory illnesses like RSA. In New Zealand, lockdowns last winter led to a 99.9% reduction in flu cases and a 98% reduction in RSV - and near-eliminated the e of excess deaths New Zealand usually experiences during winter.

“This positive collateral effect in the short term is welcome, as it prevents additional overload of the healthcare system,” a collective of French doctors wrote in a May 2021 study of immunity debt. But in the long term, it can create problems of its own: if bacterial and viral infections aren’t circulating among children, they don’t develop immunity, which leads to larger outbreaks down the line.

“The lack of immune stimulation… induced an “immunity debt” which could have negative consequences when the pandemic is under control and [public health intervientions] are lifted,” the doctors wrote. “The longer these periods of ‘viral or bacterial low-exposure’ are, the greater the likelihood of future epidemics.”

New Zealand has reported nearly 1,000 RSV cases in the past five weeks, according to the Ins ute of Environmental Science and Research. The usual average is 1,743 over the full 29-week winter season. Australia is also experiencing a surge, with overcrowded Victoria hospitals also hit by unusually high rates of RSV.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-immunity-debt
    Are you making a point with this article or just feeling sad about the 46 babies being hospitalized for not having developed immunities yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wtf is wrong with you? School reopening is long overdue.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wtf is wrong with you? School reopening is long overdue.
    Meh not until they kids are vaccinated. Though we got re-openings anyways 10-11 months ago.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Are you making a point with this article or just feeling sad about the 46 babies being hospitalized for not having developed immunities yet?
    The point was clear.

"if bacterial and viral infections aren’t circulating among children, they don’t develop immunity, which leads to larger outbreaks down the line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point was clear.

"if bacterial and viral infections aren’t circulating among children, they don’t develop immunity, which leads to larger outbreaks down the line.

Vaccines can help with that and are much, much safer than direct exposure to the viruses/bacteria.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vaccines can help with that and are much, much safer than direct exposure to the viruses/bacteria.
    Cant vaccinate kids against any minor malady tbqh

At some point their bodies need to be able to wipe their ass by themselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cant vaccinate kids against any minor malady tbqh

At some point their bodies need to be able to wipe their ass by themselves.
    Kids don't need to get any vaccines they're not already getting to build a good immune system.

The point of vaccines is exactly that, to present an inert version of the virus/bacteria so the body gets to know it and build immunity, but also to exercise the body's immune response.

I think where the article is going is that we've been in a somewhat hyper hygiene period due to COVID, and that has stopped more than just contact with COVID (which would be correct, see Flu cases).

But there wasn't much of an alternative that didn't cost much more lives, so it's somewhat of a moot point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans push a claim they know is not just false, but deadly, because hate is all they've got

So long as Donald Trump had his Diet Coke button on the Resolute Desk,

both Republicans in Congress and on Fox News felt like they had to play the anti-vax game with a soupcon of restraint.

Now they have the theme they can, and are, driving into Republicans across the nation. Now they can be full-on, rip-roaringly anti-vax.

Fox is determined to keep COVID-19 burning;

to make sure the threat persists;

and, most of all to keep masks, social distancing, and vaccines alive as a political issue.

Fox News had already moved to the point where

true patriotism could only be displayed by having such a hatred for the American government that you’re willing to die rather than let them save you.

Now they’re directing hate at health care volunteers.

That includes promoting anger against local doctors, nurses, and health care volunteers.

And Republicans at all levels of government are eagerly playing along.

a series of hot-spots that can be mapped directly to some of the most Trump-loving counties in the nation.

when President Biden called for
    expanding an effort at door-to-door vaccine visits

a program that has already met with success in other states, but which experts don’t feel is enough to dent the Republican anti-vax sentiment in states like Missouri—

it might have been expected to be met with a least some degree of enthusiasm.

Republican Gov. Mike Parson made it immediately clear he doesn't want door-to-door help in getting people vaccinated.

Parson tweeted:

“I have directed our health department to let

the federal government know that sending government employees or agents door-to-door to compel vaccination would NOT be an effective OR a welcome strategy in Missouri!"

The people going door-to-door in programs that have been conducted elsewhere are not federal agents, but local doctors, nurses, EMTs, and other health care volunteers.

And no one, anywhere, is forcing anyone to get vaccinated.

A united effort between Fox News and Republican officials is working to try and turn neighborhood volunteers out to save the lives of their friends and families into goose-stepping Nazis—or Chinese Communists, take your pick—out to perform medical experiments on the unwilling.

Republican members of Congress and Fox News talkers at every hour of the day have repeatedly

pushed the idea of “forced vaccination” and repeatedly invoked Nazis.

this is an effort to invade the homes of Republican voters and

collect information about them for purposes of everything including gun confiscation.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...o-own-the-libs

Vaccination is like immigration reform. Repugs/Fox don't want solutions or success, but keep such issues festering as campaign tactics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point was clear.

Right, it means that instead of staggering the kids getting sick out over a period on time, they're all getting sick at the same time as they come out of quarantine, causing a larger outbreak, right? Makes sense to me.

Are you implying they should have done something different or are you just posting this as an informative service report?

Thread Information