Page 104 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 454941001011021031041051061071081141542046041104 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 40782
    Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FIFY.

"Can be" is a vast gulf from "is always".

Joey Buttcrack may be a whiz at repairing my house's plumbing, but when it comes to suggesting strategy for a widespread pandemic, a facebook group without any filter for who inputs is the worst place to go for information or strategy from him and the rest of the MAGATs.

Another non-serious idea from the failed real estate developer. "let's give this other failed real estate developer the task, because he is married to my hot daughter"

GMAFB.

Only in this case, people will ing die because of the incompetence. It takes a real pieces of to keep making excuses at this point.
    It's an effective strategy. The thing about crowd sourcing is sometimes "Joey Buttcrack" the expert in field "x" will have a novel solution for something seemingly unrelated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um you completely took what I said out of context. You’re an idiot anyway so no reason to respond, but I’ll have to educate you. Unlike this virus, we have readily testing for the flu, vaccines, and anti-virals to treat it. We have none of the above for this virus. That’s a big reason why the mortality rate is higher. My point was this virus will be around yearly, but in different strains like the flu and different cold viruses. Go back to your parents basement copying and pasting data from random websites and go your mother too.
    A reason, but not the primary reason, or even a big one, to what I have read.

The pathology is different, as it attacks the respiratory system directly. Lack of testing and vaccines have more of an effect at slowing transmission.

Been in hospital with elderly father for the last few days, so if this hasn't been posted it should be:

NUMBER OF ALL HOSPITALS IN THE U.S. IN 2017
    NUMBER OF ALL HOSPITAL BEDS IN THE U.S. IN 2014
    OCCUPANCY RATE OF NONFEDERAL HOSPITALS IN THE U.S. IN 2015
    65.5%

https://www.statista.com/topics/1074/hospitals/

Setting aside the likelihood of the number of beds being less due to rural hospital implosion in the last few years:
    1-.655=.345

.345*909,200= 313,775 beds available TOTAL in the USA. That is it. Less than one tenth of one percent of the population in the US.

Coronavirus: Italian doctor reveals horror with hospitals overwhelmed – ‘War has exploded’
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...ctors-covid-19

Italy which is a few weeks ahead of us on that curve is now overwhelmed. Their doctors are literally having to choose who to treat and who not to, because they cannot treat everybody. They have roughly the same rate as the US (77% occupancy on roughly the same beds per capita total. by latest stats-2013)

The US, as it is much larger geographically, will have a harder time managing that capacity. A bed in Oregon, will do no good to someone in Louisiana. Our slack is going to be even worse than it seems due to this factor.

Because of the fatal delay by the Trump administration to implement widespread testing that, even now, isn't wide enough to detect cases, that spread has been fast, and is still almost certainly ongoing.

We are on the same curve as italy, and for that matter Iran, whose mass graves can be seen from space.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-victims.html

... and Trumps response:

Put his real-estate developer son-in-law, who failed at everything else, up to, and including middle-east peace, in charge.

His disastrous visit to the CDC where he did worse than throw paper towels, and his pathetic, incomplete, confusing, and moronic speech the other day have been judged by the markets, which tanked after he failed to be either truthful or decisive/effective.

He is going to, again, give a speech today. Based on his pattern, it will also be neither truthful, nor effective. Trump has finally met a crisis he cannot lie his way out of, and it shows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crowd sourcing solutions is an effective strategy. You don't need to verify the sources.
    "Can be" is a vast gulf from "is always".

Only in this case, people will ing die because of the incompetence. It takes a real pieces of to keep making excuses at this point.
    It's an effective strategy. The thing about crowd sourcing is sometimes "Joey Buttcrack" the expert in field "x" will have a novel solution for something seemingly unrelated.
    You are willing to literally bet a million lives on "sometimes" because you share an ideology with failed, loser, moronic reality TV star.

I would prefer to hedge my bets and spend efforts pooling actual experts, you weaselly intellectual coward.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 03-13-2020 at 11:03 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ unfair to weasels

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A reason, but not the primary reason, or even a big one, to what I have read.

The pathology is different, as it attacks the respiratory system directly. Lack of testing and vaccines have more of an effect at slowing transmission.

Been in hospital with elderly father for the last few days, so if this hasn't been posted it should be:

NUMBER OF ALL HOSPITALS IN THE U.S. IN 2017
    NUMBER OF ALL HOSPITAL BEDS IN THE U.S. IN 2014
    OCCUPANCY RATE OF NONFEDERAL HOSPITALS IN THE U.S. IN 2015
    65.5%

https://www.statista.com/topics/1074/hospitals/

Setting aside the likelihood of the number of beds being less due to rural hospital implosion in the last few years:
    1-.655=.345

.345*909,200= 313,775 beds available TOTAL in the USA. That is it. Less than one tenth of one percent of the population in the US.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...ctors-covid-19

Italy which is a few weeks ahead of us on that curve is now overwhelmed. Their doctors are literally having to choose who to treat and who not to, because they cannot treat everybody. They have roughly the same rate as the US (77% occupancy on roughly the same beds per capita total. by latest stats-2013)

The US, as it is much larger geographically, will have a harder time managing that capacity. A bed in Oregon, will do no good to someone in Louisiana. Our slack is going to be even worse than it seems due to this factor.

Because of the fatal delay by the Trump administration to implement widespread testing that, even now, isn't wide enough to detect cases, that spread has been fast, and is still almost certainly ongoing.

We are on the same curve as italy, and for that matter Iran, whose mass graves can be seen from space.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-victims.html

... and Trumps response:

Put his real-estate developer son-in-law, who failed at everything else, up to, and including middle-east peace, in charge.

His disastrous visit to the CDC where he did worse than throw paper towels, and his pathetic, incomplete, confusing, and moronic speech the other day have been judged by the markets, which tanked after he failed to be either truthful or decisive/effective.

He is going to, again, give a speech today. Based on his pattern, it will also be neither truthful, nor effective. Trump has finally met a crisis he cannot lie his way out of, and it shows.
    THanks for the info- interesting.

Godspeed to your dad.

bag Trump will trot out his “emergency” declaration today after labeling it a dem hoax...

he will also lie a few times

he will tout a great economy...

he will pat himself on the back for the incredible task force response that he is responsible for creating...

he will say again - that tests are available to anyone - anyone - who blows their doctor, jumps thru a few hoops, does a few backflips- and then maybe the doctor will test them for the virus

he will again lie about how many MILLIONS of tests are available now

last time the lie was 4 million- i am sure that lie will be bigger today

he will NOT show any compassion to people suffering, people losing jobs, old people struggling or the millions of lives upended because of his failures...

he will not ramp up building of new structures to hold the boom of patients- like when he ramped up cages and tents for the incredible “invasion of caravans” at our border....

pretty much a show

again

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are willing to literally bet a million lives on "sometimes" because you share an ideology with failed, loser, moronic reality TV star.

I would prefer to hedge my bets and spend efforts pooling actual experts, you weaselly intellectual coward.
    Crowd sourcing is not the only thing occuring so you have no point. You are just rambling nonsense per the usual.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THanks for the info- interesting.

Godspeed to your dad.

bag Trump will trot out his “emergency” declaration today after labeling it a dem hoax...

he will also lie a few times

he will tout a great economy...

he will pat himself on the back for the incredible task force response that he is responsible for creating...

he will say again - that tests are available to anyone - anyone - who blows their doctor, jumps thru a few hoops, does a few backflips- and then maybe the doctor will test them for the virus

he will again lie about how many MILlIONS of tests are available now

last time the lie was 4 million- i am sure that lie will be bigger today

he will NOT show any compassion to people suffering, people losing jobs, old people struggling or the millions of lives upended because of his failures...

he will not ramp up building of new structures to hold the boom of patients- like when he ramped up cages and tents for the incredible “invasion of caravans” at our border....

pretty much a show

again
    Still pushing the "Dem hoax" lie. Good work.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still pushing the "Dem hoax" lie. Good work.

still defending the indefensible- per par

still pushing propaganda to help your criminal and still complicit in evil - per par

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ unfair to weasels
    Notice the walkback from "is" to "sometimes" that he tried to sneak in. Even he knows he is being a -weasel here.

I am happy to accede that out of the box, unconventional solutions can come from unusual sources. But I would not spend limited resources in the middle of a crisis trying to fish a gold nugget out of a sea of turds in a massive facebook group.

You have a limited number of experts and "expert labor hours", and putting them in charge of sifting through those turds is a bad use of their time. A failed real-estate developer like Kushner whose only success is having Trumps favorite hot daughter allow him to put his penis in her, does not offer any chance that he will find that nugget, if it exists.

The problem that Nathan89 is missing (or deliberately ignoring) is one of "noise". Any good suggestion, even if it exists, will require someone to figure out its worth, when compared to the "lets all have magic crystals to shield us" turds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No meaningful COVID-19 testing is the de facto Trump response. That and letting states and cities do the political heavy lifting.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No meaningful COVID-19 testing is the de facto Trump response. That and letting states and cities do the political heavy lifting.

...& they're doing fine at it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Hope your father's condition improves. Ignore the edgelord gots who need attention because they weren't raised properly.
    Tells people to get a sense of humor when someone takes offense at one of his jokes, but then pearl clutches with the best of them when he’s offended.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Why do you think I said "2.0" dip ? You are more interesting as a crumb snatcher. Stay in the background.
    keep blocking the sun, fats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...& they're doing fine at it.
    The Utah Jazz got 58 tests within a few hours, how many tests has the CDC completed as of today?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White House Knew Coronavirus Would Be A 'Major Threat' — But Response Fell Short
    https://www.npr.org/2020/03/12/81488...nse-fell-short

This guy, who covers this for a living, puts it in stark, terms. Fresh Air (NPR show) is, for my money, far and away one of the best programs for diving in-depth on just about anything. Normally even I find it mind-numbing, but when it counts, you can learn a lot.

The slowness of the testing is making response almost impossible RIGHT NOW. That will kill people that would not have otherwise died, especially if, as I believe to be the case, our health system gets overwhelmed.

The testing delay, and its causes are telling.

They dithered. The people who would have recognized the need were fired in 2018. The reasons why they dithered... we will find out eventually. For some as yet inexplicable reason they chose not to use the WHO test, or whatever the South Koreans chose. They wanted one developed in the US.

There is some indication here that the Trump administration hindered the response on testing because it didn't want the bad press that higher numbers would cause. If that is the case, then the Trump cultists will have to face the fact that Trump's narcissism and known flaws quite possibly killed one of their relatives.

Here Trumps sycophantic, inept management style comes into play:

But at the same time, Secretary Azar has not always given the president the worst-case scenario of what could happen. My understanding is he did not push to do aggressive additional testing in recent weeks, and that's partly because more testing might have led to more cases being discovered of coronavirus outbreak, and the president had made clear - the lower the numbers on coronavirus, the better for the president, the better for his potential reelection this fall.

Meanwhile, Seema Verma, since being added to the team, has announced all kinds of actions that could be seen as cracking down on the problem - dispatching a team of investigators to Washington state, where there has been a major outbreak of corona virus, predominantly in local nursing homes. But I've talked to officials who say that Seema Verma, in an effort to show that she's cracking down, may actually be creating more problems by having her investigators demanding paperwork, demanding answers at a moment when these nursing home officials are just trying to provide basic patient care to people who have been infected by coronavirus.
    Truth to power is important at this time. That is not happening, because he surrounds himself with yes-men/women

This will be a case-study in how poor management like this causes bad outcomes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For comparison, during the H1N1 outbreak, one million tests were completed in the USA within one month.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But they have paid sick leave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

wish we had that in our toolbox, it would be opportune.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeet Heer on how the ethno-nationalist right will make the pandemic even worse:

https://www.thenation.com/article/po...irus-pandemic/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tells people to get a sense of humor when someone takes offense at one of his jokes, but then pearl clutches with the best of them when he’s offended.
    DMC is a master ankle-biter. I call him "No-take McGurk" because he never has anything substantive to say, except on accident. That indicates to me his ego is so fragile, that he cannot stand to be wrong about anything, generally a side symptom of being brought up in an unstable or abusive household. The lack of empathy he tends to display tends to also indicate that. Don't my word for either. Read up on how abuse shapes people.

Try to find an actual, substantive policy position he expresses. All hat, no cattle, and for that reason easily dismissed. His response to this, if he reads it, will be a personal attack on me, also indicative of growing up in such an environment. (shrugs) He could prove me wrong by having an actual take, but knows he will have to defend it, so he won't. Just watch.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Relax, it's going to be the US soon.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Relax, it's going to be the US soon.
    - "Promises, promises."

- Ernie "The Cat" Ladd

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC is a master ankle-biter. I call him "No-take McGurk" because he never has anything substantive to say, except on accident. That indicates to me his ego is so fragile, that he cannot stand to be wrong about anything, generally a side symptom of being brought up in an unstable or abusive household. The lack of empathy he tends to display tends to also indicate that. Don't my word for either. Read up on how abuse shapes people.

Try to find an actual, substantive policy position he expresses. All hat, no cattle, and for that reason easily dismissed. His response to this, if he reads it, will be a personal attack on me, also indicative of growing up in such an environment. (shrugs) He could prove me wrong by having an actual take, but knows he will have to defend it, so he won't. Just watch.
    he says that no one wants to have a conversation with me. I simply find the point where assholes like him vapor lock and won't respond beyond crazed personal insults. You could see it yesterday when I asked him about Trump. Dude shut the up quick and retreated to his ST personal files.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash exempted Pootin's BREXITed UK from Trash's travel ban, but UK is being disrupted by an exploding number of cases.

Pootin's BoyToy Trash punished the Schengen group because Pootin told him too, while driving a bigger wedge between Europe and USA.

Every geopolitical move Trash makes comes over Jared's crypto channel straight from Vlad, to degrade USA, NATO, Europe

Thread Information