Page 1042 of 1230 FirstFirst ... 425429429921032103810391040104110421043104410451046105210921142 ... LastLast
Results 26,026 to 26,050 of 30736
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I saw that. And I dont see how they cannot rule out other intervening cases. Contact tracing does not really help say who it definitely came from, as much as it gets information on who it did not likely come from.
    But I do not see significant data here at all. Breakthroughs are still rare and have come mostly in cases involving a likely heavy dose from a "loaded" infected individual on a vaccinated individual.
    Was Israel using one particular vaccine?
    They're mostly using the Pfizer vaccine (Pfizer is conducting the national study, along with the Health Ministry), but others are in the mix and being monitored. Because of the national scale of the study, the intensiveness of contact tracing, and the degree/relative uniformity of vaccination, the data from Israel is (reportedly) very robust.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course, the robustness does not rule out anything

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're mostly using the Pfizer vaccine (Pfizer is conducting the national study, along with the Health Ministry), but others are in the mix and being monitored. Because of the national scale of the study, the intensiveness of contact tracing, and the degree/relative uniformity of vaccination, the data from Israel is (reportedly) very robust.
    Yes I just saw that.
    Thanks.

I would be dubious of the contact tracing like I said. Its easier to cross someone off a list that say they were a contributor.
    But this is definitely something to keep tabs on. And it is unique. So unique that I would look at the Pfizer lot. The degree of relative uniformity could be uniformly bad if it was uniformly bad lots. But this is highly unlikely. Smaller number of people involved. But still worrisome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Darrin rodeo. I'll let someone else play.
    No need to play, Darrin gets bucked off way before the buzzer damn near every time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretty dam serious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “It’s actually quite dramatic how the growth rate will change,” says Dr. Wilson. Delta is spreading 50% faster than Alpha, which was 50% more contagious than the original strain of SARS-CoV-2, he says. “In a completely unmitigated environment—where no one is vaccinated or wearing masks—it’s estimated that the average person infected with the original coronavirus strain will infect 2.5 other people,” Dr. Wilson says. “In the same environment, Delta would spread from one person to maybe 3.5 or 4 other people.”
    https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/5-...-variant-covid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    organ damage and permanent impairment seem to be thematic.

Many COVID-19 survivors are likely to be at greater risk of developing mental illness, psychiatrists said on Monday, after a large study found 20% of those infected with the coronavirus are diagnosed with a psychiatric disorder within 90 days.

Anxiety, depression and insomnia were most common among recovered COVID-19 patients in the study who developed mental health problems. The researchers from Britain's Oxford University also found significantly higher risks of dementia, a brain impairment condition.
    https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN27P35N

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it ain't all about death and hospitalization y'all.

everyday disability and suffering still count.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    it ain't all about death and hospitalization y'all.

everyday disability and suffering still count.

It's all about the death count, Winester, and your mother er Biden now has 228k of dead Americans on his side the COVID Death Ledger.

- "Welcome to the party, pal!!!"
    - Willis - "Die Hard"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A program to aid the economy brings Mexican workers into San Diego for vaccinations.

TIJUANA — On a recent morning, hundreds of Mexican workers from the factories here, known as maquiladoras, were waved across the border into San Diego, without visas or passports, and rolled up their sleeves to be vaccinated against Covid-19. An hour later, they were back on production lines in Tijuana.

The goal was to protect not just the workers, but also the intertwined U.S. and Mexican economies.

“If the maquiladoras can’t operate, then we don’t get our Coca-Cola,” said Lydia Ikeda, the senior director of Covid operations at the University California San Diego Health, which is helping run the program. “We cannot be isolated.”

The cross-border vaccination effort is meant to remedy the kind of disparity in access to the vaccine that economists have warned could keep a robust global economic rebound out of reach.

The Biden administration has pledged to send 80 million doses to other nations, including four million for Mexico.

Along the U.S.-Mexico border, however, a pandemic border closure and a dearth of vaccines in Mexico have threatened to keep local economic recovery at bay. And officials from both nations have found a way to share surplus vaccines from Texas and California with Mexicans on the other side.

“We are divided by a virtual line,” Dr. Ikeda said, gesturing to the border. “To get them vaccinated is the only way for us to get out of the pandemic.”

The idea of vaccinating workers just across the border occurred to Carlos González Gutiérrez, Mexico’s consul general in San Diego, when he watched as college students and undo ented workers plucking berries in California’s fields received the vaccines with relative ease while Mexico struggled to provide them for its older people.

Mr. González reached out to San Diego County officials, who had seen the closure of the border in March 2020 damage the region’s once-thriving economy, with a proposal: Why not give excess vaccines nearing expiration to the thousands of Mexicans factory workers just across the border?

Soon, Mexican and U.S. officials agreed that San Diego’s excess vaccines, all Johnson & Johnson, would be sold to American companies with factories in Mexico. By May, San Diego County had received permission from the federal government — which owns the vaccines — to sell the shots, and worked with the Department of Homeland Security to allow Mexicans without visas to cross the border to receive them.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/07...ariant-vaccine

---

Future Old Joe voters...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuomonme

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ---

Future Old Joe voters...
    non-citizens can't vote

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “We’re following about 700 patients here at McGovern. We’ve looked and found dramatic increases in brain injury markers in the blood of people with COVID,” said Dr. McCullough, MD, PhD, chair of Neurology at UTHealth.
    https://www.wltx.com/article/news/he...2-df71252fd340

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A program to aid the economy brings Mexican workers into San Diego for vaccinations.

TIJUANA — On a recent morning, hundreds of Mexican workers from the factories here, known as maquiladoras, were waved across the border into San Diego, without visas or passports, and rolled up their sleeves to be vaccinated against Covid-19. An hour later, they were back on production lines in Tijuana.

The goal was to protect not just the workers, but also the intertwined U.S. and Mexican economies.

“If the maquiladoras can’t operate, then we don’t get our Coca-Cola,” said Lydia Ikeda, the senior director of Covid operations at the University California San Diego Health, which is helping run the program. “We cannot be isolated.”

The cross-border vaccination effort is meant to remedy the kind of disparity in access to the vaccine that economists have warned could keep a robust global economic rebound out of reach.

The Biden administration has pledged to send 80 million doses to other nations, including four million for Mexico.

Along the U.S.-Mexico border, however, a pandemic border closure and a dearth of vaccines in Mexico have threatened to keep local economic recovery at bay. And officials from both nations have found a way to share surplus vaccines from Texas and California with Mexicans on the other side.

“We are divided by a virtual line,” Dr. Ikeda said, gesturing to the border. “To get them vaccinated is the only way for us to get out of the pandemic.”

The idea of vaccinating workers just across the border occurred to Carlos González Gutiérrez, Mexico’s consul general in San Diego, when he watched as college students and undo ented workers plucking berries in California’s fields received the vaccines with relative ease while Mexico struggled to provide them for its older people.

Mr. González reached out to San Diego County officials, who had seen the closure of the border in March 2020 damage the region’s once-thriving economy, with a proposal: Why not give excess vaccines nearing expiration to the thousands of Mexicans factory workers just across the border?

Soon, Mexican and U.S. officials agreed that San Diego’s excess vaccines, all Johnson & Johnson, would be sold to American companies with factories in Mexico. By May, San Diego County had received permission from the federal government — which owns the vaccines — to sell the shots, and worked with the Department of Homeland Security to allow Mexicans without visas to cross the border to receive them.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/07...ariant-vaccine

---

Future Old Joe voters...
    ...that mother er.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    revised mask guidance coming today

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    revised mask guidance coming today

Mother er Biden responsible for the death of 228k of Americans & counting, Winester.

Let us proceed...

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mother er Biden responsible for the death of 228k of Americans & counting, Winester.

Let us proceed...
    The red team started the anti mask and vacc movement.
    That is still going strong, even on this board.
    It falls in YOUR lap. You voted for a snakeoil salesman.

"A cure exists right underneath the kitchen counter, we are right around the corner, no worries, poof its gone."

History says you own this.
    You sleep with this, you make love to this pandemic thinking and the problems.
    Easiest thing for you is to go derp and call it a hoax.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

"A cure exists right underneath the kitchen counter, we are right around the corner, no worries, poof its gone."

Mother er Biden responsible for the death of 228k of Americans & counting, peeg.

Let us proceed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    non-citizens can't vote
    Time to make them citizens then

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to make them citizens then

The only hope USA has is making the millions of hard working latinos american citizens

Otherwise this nation is going to.the dustbin of.history

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nerve damage in cornea could be sign of 'long COVID,'

https://www.livescience.com/nerve-da...ong-covid.html

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

“I’m not that confident. You’re going to say to the American people now, ‘Here’s a vaccine, it was new, it was done quickly, but trust this federal administration and their health administration that it’s safe? And we’re not 100 percent sure of the consequences.’ I think it’s going to be a very skeptical American public about taking the vaccine, and they should be.”

“Frankly, I’m not going to trust the federal government’s opinion, and I wouldn’t recommend it to New Yorkers, based on the federal government’s opinion.”

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    “I’m not that confident. You’re going to say to the American people now, ‘Here’s a vaccine, it was new, it was done quickly, but trust this federal administration and their health administration that it’s safe? And we’re not 100 percent sure of the consequences.’ I think it’s going to be a very skeptical American public about taking the vaccine, and they should be.”

“Frankly, I’m not going to trust the federal government’s opinion, and I wouldn’t recommend it to New Yorkers, based on the federal government’s opinion.”
    Estranged from the old TSA as I am...

Tell it, TSA.

Testify!!!

Thread Information