Page 1053 of 1230 FirstFirst ... 5355395310031043104910501051105210531054105510561057106311031153 ... LastLast
Results 26,301 to 26,325 of 30736
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    The goal is that vaccinated people or people with antibodies from actually having the virus, kill the infection quicker and more efficiently than people that do not, and hopefully that slows down possible mutations.
    Too long to copy paste here...much more at the link. Curious to hear your thoughts on his theory.

==============================================

The current expansion in prevalence of infectious Sars-CoV-2 variants is highly problematic because it erodes natural Ab-based, variant-nonspecific immunity in the non-vaccinated part of the population. The high infectivity rate that results from this expansion not only further enhances the expansion of these variants but may also drive natural selection of viral variants that are featured by an even higher level of infectiousness. Erosion, therefore, of natural Ab-based, variant-nonspecific immunity promotes breeding and transmission of more infectious viral variants in the non-vaccinated part of the population. On the other hand, mass vaccination promotes natural selection of increasingly vaccine immunity (VI)-escaping variants in the vaccinated part of the population. Taken together, mass vaccination conducted on a background of high infectivity rates enables more infectious, increasingly VI-escaping variants to expand in prevalence. This evolution inevitably results in inclining morbidity rates in both, the non-vaccinated and vaccinated population and precipitates the emergence of circulating viral variants that will eventually fully resist vaccine-mediated immunity (VMI). This is why mass vaccination campaigns should not be conducted during a pandemic of a highly mutable virus, let alone during a pandemic of more infectious variants (unless transmission-blocking vaccines are used!). It is critical to understand that a rapid decline in viral infectivity rates that is not achieved by natural infection but merely results from expedited mass vaccination campaigns will only delay abrupt propagation of emerging, fully vaccine-resistant viral variants and hence, only delay the occurrence of a high wave of morbidity and mortality. In contrast, mass vaccination campaigns that are progressing more slowly, especially when conducted on a background of relatively low infectious pressure, will result in a steadily growing propagation of increasingly VI-escaping variants and hence, cause a wave of morbidity and mortality that continues to grow bigger and larger as more and more people become vaccinated. It’s only when fully vaccine-resistant viral variants will become dominant that this wave will start to peak.

To prevent more detrimental consequences of the ongoing evolution of Sars-CoV-2, we have no choice but to mitigate erosion of natural, Coronavirus (CoV)-nonspecific immunity in non-vaccinated individuals and exertion of strong immune selection pressure on immunodominant vaccinal epitopes in vaccinated individuals. This is to say that we must stop mass vaccination and lower viral infectivity rates immediately. Continued mass vaccination will only lead to a further increase in morbidity and hospitalization rates, which will subsequently culminate in a huge case fatality wave when expansion of more infectious, vaccine-resistant variants will explode.

A rapid and substantial decrease in viral infectivity rates could be achieved by a short-term course of large-scale antiviral chemoprophylaxis (suitable candidates have already been identified) and adequate infection prevention measures while early treatment of symptomatically infected subjects and implementation of a healthy eating (including certain dietary supplements) and lifestyle (including exercise!) plan would further contribute to building herd immunity. Although this strategy is unlikely to eradicate the virus, it should allow forcing the pandemic into transitioning to a kind of ‘artificial’endemicity. Of course, as asymptomatic reservoirs (asymptomatically infected vaccinated or non-vaccinated humans or even animals) would remain, mass gatherings would still need to be avoided in the future and large-scale chemoprophylaxis campaigns using antiviral drugs would likely need to be repeated at specific time intervals and for as long as no sterilizing immune intervention is available. The action plan proposed above should immediately be implemented: Once the virus will become entirely resistant to the current vaccines, the above-mentioned measures will no longer be able to prevent a dramatic rise in casualties, unless campaigns of antiviral chemoprophylaxis are conducted worldwide and on a permanent basis.

https://www.geertvandenbossche.org/p...is-toning-down

Geert Vanden Bossche received his DVM from the University of Ghent, Belgium, and his PhD degree in Virology from the University of Hohenheim, Germany. He held adjunct faculty appointments at universities in Belgium and Germany. After his career in Academia, Geert joined several vaccine companies (GSK Biologicals, Novartis Vaccines, Solvay Biologicals) to serve various roles in vaccine R&D as well as in late vaccine development. Geert then moved on to join the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation’s Global Health Discovery team in Seattle (USA) as Senior Program Officer; he then worked with the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI) in Geneva as Senior Ebola Program Manager. At GAVI he tracked efforts to develop an Ebola vaccine. He also represented GAVI in fora with other partners, including WHO, to review progress on the fight against Ebola and to build plans for global pandemic preparedness. Back in 2015, Geert scrutinized and questioned the safety of the Ebola vaccine that was used in ring vaccination trials conducted by WHO in Guinea. His critical scientific analysis and report on the data published by WHO in the Lancet in 2015 was sent to all international health and regulatory authorities involved in the Ebola vaccination program. After working for GAVI, Geert joined the German Center for Infection Research in Cologne as Head of the Vaccine Development Office. He is at present primarily serving as a Biotech/ Vaccine consultant while also conducting his own research on Natural Killer cell-based vaccines.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the chemo prophylaxis candidates and what are their side effects and what are their cost.?

How to lower viral infectivity rates now?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Thats not herd immunity. Its just temporary immunity that I always said sick and old can definitely use.

It was never herd immunity especially since now we know the vaccinated still communicated.as much or more virus than unvacvinated.
    Outside of semantics, what are the key differences in overall impact to a society when a population gains temporary resistance/immunity to a virus through infection vs. through a vaccine?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outside of semantics, what are the key differences in overall impact to a society when a population gains temporary resistance/immunity to a virus through infection vs. through a vaccine?
    Not many besides advantages to old/sick who should be vaxed tbqh

No advantages to young/healthy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mini-roundup of counterpoints to Van den Bossche's manifesto.

tl;dr

-- speculative, no evidence offered for his various claims in the manifesto
    -- variants of concern, including Delta, emerged before vaccination was widespread
    -- "leaky" vaccines can be swiftly reformulated
    -- Marek's disease shows that vaccines with a marginal effect on transmission can still significantly reduce the incidence of disease; around 99% in the case of Marek's disease
    -- sacrifices public safety to efficacy
    -- schoolboy howlers
    -- the urgency of Dr Van Den Bossche's unpublished scientific hunch is such that there is no time to do the science, mass vaccination must be suspended immediately; but he has no ready solution, just more speculation (coindentally, about a new type of vaccine he is involved in making, but hasn't shared with other scientists yet.)
    -- hasn't published a research paper since 1995

https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/co...vanden-bossche
    https://www.deplatformdisease.com/bl...ossches-claims
    Last edited by Winehole23; 07-29-2021 at 11:12 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is TSA reading Del Bigtree and RFK Jr., or cribbing from ute randos?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Not many besides advantages to old/sick who should be vaxed tbqh

No advantages to young/healthy
    I said "impact to a society" and you keep focusing on the individuals.

I'm young and healthy and I was very impacted by the spread of infection in 2020, even though I never got COVID.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too long to copy paste here...much more at the link. Curious to hear your thoughts on his theory.

==============================================

The current expansion in prevalence of infectious Sars-CoV-2 variants is highly problematic because it erodes natural Ab-based, variant-nonspecific immunity in the non-vaccinated part of the population. The high infectivity rate that results from this expansion not only further enhances the expansion of these variants but may also drive natural selection of viral variants that are featured by an even higher level of infectiousness. Erosion, therefore, of natural Ab-based, variant-nonspecific immunity promotes breeding and transmission of more infectious viral variants in the non-vaccinated part of the population. On the other hand, mass vaccination promotes natural selection of increasingly vaccine immunity (VI)-escaping variants in the vaccinated part of the population. Taken together, mass vaccination conducted on a background of high infectivity rates enables more infectious, increasingly VI-escaping variants to expand in prevalence. This evolution inevitably results in inclining morbidity rates in both, the non-vaccinated and vaccinated population and precipitates the emergence of circulating viral variants that will eventually fully resist vaccine-mediated immunity (VMI). This is why mass vaccination campaigns should not be conducted during a pandemic of a highly mutable virus, let alone during a pandemic of more infectious variants (unless transmission-blocking vaccines are used!). It is critical to understand that a rapid decline in viral infectivity rates that is not achieved by natural infection but merely results from expedited mass vaccination campaigns will only delay abrupt propagation of emerging, fully vaccine-resistant viral variants and hence, only delay the occurrence of a high wave of morbidity and mortality. In contrast, mass vaccination campaigns that are progressing more slowly, especially when conducted on a background of relatively low infectious pressure, will result in a steadily growing propagation of increasingly VI-escaping variants and hence, cause a wave of morbidity and mortality that continues to grow bigger and larger as more and more people become vaccinated. It’s only when fully vaccine-resistant viral variants will become dominant that this wave will start to peak.

To prevent more detrimental consequences of the ongoing evolution of Sars-CoV-2, we have no choice but to mitigate erosion of natural, Coronavirus (CoV)-nonspecific immunity in non-vaccinated individuals and exertion of strong immune selection pressure on immunodominant vaccinal epitopes in vaccinated individuals. This is to say that we must stop mass vaccination and lower viral infectivity rates immediately. Continued mass vaccination will only lead to a further increase in morbidity and hospitalization rates, which will subsequently culminate in a huge case fatality wave when expansion of more infectious, vaccine-resistant variants will explode.

A rapid and substantial decrease in viral infectivity rates could be achieved by a short-term course of large-scale antiviral chemoprophylaxis (suitable candidates have already been identified) and adequate infection prevention measures while early treatment of symptomatically infected subjects and implementation of a healthy eating (including certain dietary supplements) and lifestyle (including exercise!) plan would further contribute to building herd immunity. Although this strategy is unlikely to eradicate the virus, it should allow forcing the pandemic into transitioning to a kind of ‘artificial’endemicity. Of course, as asymptomatic reservoirs (asymptomatically infected vaccinated or non-vaccinated humans or even animals) would remain, mass gatherings would still need to be avoided in the future and large-scale chemoprophylaxis campaigns using antiviral drugs would likely need to be repeated at specific time intervals and for as long as no sterilizing immune intervention is available. The action plan proposed above should immediately be implemented: Once the virus will become entirely resistant to the current vaccines, the above-mentioned measures will no longer be able to prevent a dramatic rise in casualties, unless campaigns of antiviral chemoprophylaxis are conducted worldwide and on a permanent basis.

https://www.geertvandenbossche.org/p...is-toning-down

Geert Vanden Bossche received his DVM from the University of Ghent, Belgium, and his PhD degree in Virology from the University of Hohenheim, Germany. He held adjunct faculty appointments at universities in Belgium and Germany. After his career in Academia, Geert joined several vaccine companies (GSK Biologicals, Novartis Vaccines, Solvay Biologicals) to serve various roles in vaccine R&D as well as in late vaccine development. Geert then moved on to join the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation’s Global Health Discovery team in Seattle (USA) as Senior Program Officer; he then worked with the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI) in Geneva as Senior Ebola Program Manager. At GAVI he tracked efforts to develop an Ebola vaccine. He also represented GAVI in fora with other partners, including WHO, to review progress on the fight against Ebola and to build plans for global pandemic preparedness. Back in 2015, Geert scrutinized and questioned the safety of the Ebola vaccine that was used in ring vaccination trials conducted by WHO in Guinea. His critical scientific analysis and report on the data published by WHO in the Lancet in 2015 was sent to all international health and regulatory authorities involved in the Ebola vaccination program. After working for GAVI, Geert joined the German Center for Infection Research in Cologne as Head of the Vaccine Development Office. He is at present primarily serving as a Biotech/ Vaccine consultant while also conducting his own research on Natural Killer cell-based vaccines.
    The above has absolutely gigantic holes in the reasoning.

First bolded. Yes you might expect this to a happen. But you might also expect the infection is MUCH less serious. People pass viruses around ALL the time that are basically asymptomatic and we dont worry a bit about them. They are evolutionary very light piggy back riders. WE PASS viral dna along to each our kids, viral dna sequences piggy back our dna in sex cells and its just not a problem. We have many viral DNA sequences with in our own DNA that is in EVERY cell in our body that has DNA.
    Its getting to the point we now people are ONLY worried about transmission and not about SYMPTOMs. Its understandable because the symptoms of this variant are bad, but not necessarily BECAUSE its easily transmitted.

2nd bolded.
    Complete misunderstanding of probability and mutations. The more people infected, the more chance for mutations and variants arise. If we vaccinate a large portion of the population, the chances for variation GOES down. This IS part of the reason the goal is max vaccination like with polio and small pox. We also do this with children with Diptheria, Pertusis, Tetanus... and its WORKED. Its mandatory to get into school.

3rd bolded: Relies on the first two, false.

I dont even have time to go through the rest now. If this article was peer reviewed it would be a great punching bag. This guy is a virologist who is taking great liberties with evolution and natural selection which works on random variation within a population which is why it very unpredictable. But the trend with other organisms that do this is clearly towards a MUTUALISTIC or COMMENSALISTIC relationships. NOT parasitic, thats how these relationships might start, but this does not end well from an evolutionary point of view.
    Last edited by pgardn; 07-29-2021 at 11:20 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is thinking about what happens in individual people, and there is thinking on the level of populations and evolution of variants. BOTH are very important.

Sorry Darrin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said "impact to a society" and you keep focusing on the individuals.

I'm young and healthy and I was very impacted by the spread of infection in 2020, even though I never got COVID.
    We all were.

Having vaccinated the old/sick and having told the truth to ppl that this vaccine might only last a few month and you can still kill grandma with it would have had a better outcome to society IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NYT's Bret Stephens hits Fauci in scathing op-ed: 'Covid misinformation comes from the top, too'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see why they lied. They most likely said "well if we tell the truth that were not sure this vax prevents infection, spread and how long it lasts. Noone will take it"

Thats a stupid way of thinking.

I would have told the truth and mainly stressed.on the fact that the sick and old will.benefit immensely from it. And of course make it optional.

Begging ppl to take this with lottery and cash or beer.is just ing weird

And now planning to make it mandatory yet still requiring mask is ing bananas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We all were.

Having vaccinated the old/sick and having told the truth to ppl that this vaccine might only last a few month and you can still kill grandma with it would have had a better outcome to society IMO
    The truth is the vaccination lasts much longer than one month. The vaccine has proven to be incredibly effective.
    The people have proven to be stupid.
    Case in point, hater.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the number of pediatric positives seems to be notably higher in New South Wales in the current wave.

Last edited by Winehole23; 07-29-2021 at 11:50 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The truth is the vaccination lasts much longer than one month. The vaccine has proven to be incredibly effective.
    The people have proven to be stupid.
    Case in point, hater.
    Its ok to disagree, UrineTract

You and whinehole seem to pout and call names at ppl you disagree with.

Thats a sure telltale sign of a little

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NYT's Bret Stephens hits Fauci in scathing op-ed: 'Covid misinformation comes from the top, too'
    Misinformation is now a scientist getting NEW more time relevant data and CHANGING protocol.
    Which is EXACTLY how science works.
    Its ignorant PEOPLE WHO dont get science, or know how to properly get a population who dont understand science on board.

I give you hater and cucks.
    Last edited by pgardn; 07-29-2021 at 12:03 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its ok to disagree, UrineTract

You and whinehole seem to pout and call names at ppl you disagree with.

Thats a sure telltale sign of a little
    Yes lets do disagree. Lets use alternative facts.

Your screen name is heater. Yeah we once thought it was hater but we were wrong, its an alternative fact.
    And my screen name is pea garden. Urine garden... ok. You are a funny guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is thinking about what happens in individual people, and there is thinking on the level of populations and evolution of variants. BOTH are very important.

Sorry Darrin.

Spreading like wildfire in highly-vaxxed Bexar county.

How's that non-sterilizing immunity working out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Los Angeles, the vaxxed are 25% of new cases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spreading like wildfire in highly-vaxxed Bexar county.

How's that non-sterilizing immunity working out?
    Oh Darrin.
    The non sterilizing immunity has a botched definition. There really is no such thing. If you look at the cycle of viral infection can you point out to me which step sterilizing immunity occurs in. Neither can anyone else.

Bexar county IS NOT highly vaxxed.
    VERMONT is highly vaxxed.
    84% of everyone 12 and up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes lets do disagree. Lets use alternative facts.

Your screen name is heater. Yeah we once thought it was hater but we were wrong, its an alternative fact.
    Disagreed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Los Angeles, the vaxxed are 25% of new cases.
    Again.
    If you were vaccinated and WANTED to get infected what would you do.
    No mask, go into crowded places with antivax spreaders with 1000X the viral load as the old strain.
    Breathe deeply as people come and go. The vaccine has worked enormously well so far. That is the truth right now.
    I already have a friend that is a breakthrough in SA. She went to a bachelorette party involving staying in the same room and riding around in the same limo with two girls who felt very sick. She tested positive and has gotten over what she describes as a slight head cold that she went in to get tested for after finding out about the two girls.
    The vaccine WORKED. But the inconvenience of having to miss work. Thank you antivaccers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No you agree in fact.
    Alternative fact. The alternate for disagree is agree.
    Welcome to the leftovers of Trump world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Misinformation is now a scientist getting NEW more time relevant data and CHANGING protocol.
    Which is EXACTLY how science works.
    Its ignorant PEOPLE WHO dont get science, or know how to properly get a population who dont understand science on board.

I give you hater and cucks.
    Keep up the science bashing.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    2nd bolded.
    Complete misunderstanding of probability and mutations. The more people infected, the more chance for mutations and variants arise. If we vaccinate a large portion of the population, the chances for variation GOES down. This IS part of the reason the goal is max vaccination like with polio and small pox. We also do this with children with Diptheria, Pertusis, Tetanus... and its WORKED. Its mandatory to get into school.
    He's got a firm grasp on mutations

"During the first ten months of the pandemic, high waves of infectious cases that occurred in overcrowded areas (e.g., slums, favelas, highly populated cities,..) affected by the pandemic may have caused immune pressure on viral infectiousness, especially upon re-exposure of previously asymptomatically infected individuals. It is possible that such events have been driving natural selection and enhanced circulation of more infectious, S-directed immune escape variants. The higher and more widespread the viral infectious pressure, the higher the likelihood that previously asymptomatically infected subjects become re-exposed to the virus at a point in time where their ers of low affinity, S-directed Abs are still high enough to compete with their natural, polyreactive Abs for binding to the circulating Sars-CoV-2 lineage (see Fig. 1; in previous contributions, I have explicitly explained why S-specific Abs have higher affinity for S protein than natural IgMs, which bind to virus surface-expressed motifs through multivalent interactions). Consequently, enhanced infectivity rates could lead to a transient increase of the susceptibility of younger age groups (< 60-65 years) to Covid-19 disease and may, therefore, raise morbidity and hospitalization rates in these age groups (as is currently observed in many European countries as well as in the US). So, the higher and more widespread the viral infectious pressure, the more productive the breeding ground for more infectious variants and the higher the likelihood for natural selection of certain S-directed immune escape variants (i.e., such that evolved mutations capable of resisting suboptimal immune pressure on viral infectiousness). Immune escape variants that are selected because of their capacity to overcome such immune pressure exhibit a higher level of infectiousness. This is how high infectivity rates facilitate breeding of increasingly infectious viral variants. During the first year of the pandemic, several of such ‘more infectious’ immune escape variants have emerged (e.g., alpha (2), beta, gamma, delta).

Depending on the remaining protective effect provided by natural Abs, younger and healthy age groups, and children in particular, may not even show any symptoms at all, even though dominant circulation of more infectious variants (e.g., delta variant) is now substantially increasing the risk of repeated exposure. This already explains why Covid-19 disease in the non-vaccinated is primarily observed in young, middle-aged adults. Since younger age groups are generally better protected by natural, poly-reactive Abs, cases of severe disease in these groups are rather rare. The severity of the disease in these subjects is thought to depend on the time point of re-exposure after their previous infection (i.e., the shorter thereafter, the higher the concentration of blocking S-specific Abs, the higher the likelihood for contracting more severe disease).

Because both, binding of natural CoV-nonspecific Abs to Sars-CoV-2 and binding of Sars-CoV-2 to the Ace-2 entry receptor is mediated by multivalent interactions, it is reasonable to assume that the blocking effect of natural, CoV-nonspecific Abs on the interaction between the Ace-2 receptor and a given Sars-CoV-2 lineage primarily depends on the functional concentration of these natural Abs. This would already explain why, under normal cir stances (i.e., if not suppressed by S-specific Abs), young and/ or healthy individuals can effectively deal with all Sars-CoV-2 viral variants. The higher the affinity of S for Ace-2 (i.e., the higher the level of intrinsic viral infectiousness) and the older the age group, the lower the residual (i.e., non-suppressed) functional capacity of natural Abs.

In contrast, vaccinal Abs are directed at a limited set of S-derived Sars-CoV-2 motifs (i.e., epitopes primarily comprised within the receptor-binding domain [RBD] of the S protein). Hence, very few mutations within this limited set of epitopes will already substantially diminish the affinity of vaccinal Abs for binding to Sars-CoV-2. This, however, does not apply to S-specific Abs acquired upon recovery from natural Covid-19 disease as those are directed at a much broader and diversified spectrum of B cell epitopes. This would already explain why more infectious Sars-CoV-2 variants more readily escape from vaccinal S-specific Abs than from naturally acquired S-specific Abs and also why we are now seeing more and more breakthrough disease cases with the more infectious delta variant in vaccinees whereas young and/ or healthy individuals or previously symptomatically infected people (provided seronegative for S protein (3)) remain largely protected from Covid-19 disease.

Molecular epidemiologists conclude that, because of the steadily increasing S-directed immune pressure exerted by the human population, circulating variants are now increasingly evolving mutations that drive resistance to S-specific Abs, especially to those recognizing immunodominant epitopes that are situated within the RBD and N-terminal domain (NTD) of the S protein. It is highly unlikely that naturally acquired S-specific Abs are responsible for this immune pressure as people who recover from Covid-19 disease only cons ute a relatively small subset of the population and mount Abs against a much broader and more diversified panel of S-derived epitopes. Given the nature of the vaccinal Abs and the large vaccine coverage rates in most countries, there can be no doubt that the steadily increasing population-level immune pressure found to be exerted on RBD, for example, is caused by vaccination of large masses of people (in a previous contribution, I have expressed my astonishment about the fact that these brilliant scientists didn’t even mention ’mass vaccination’ at all as a potential cause of the massive increase in S-directed immune pressure; (see my recent contribution: 'Why the ongoing mass vaccination experiment drives a rapid evolutionary response of SARS-CoV-2'). This evolution is, of course, extremely worrisome. Whereas progressing convergent evolution towards increased resistance against functional, S-specific Abs elicited by the vaccine may not necessarily further increase the affinity of the virus for the Ace-2 receptor (and hence, not commonly cause more disease in young and healthy individuals), it is reasonable to assume that such evolution will rapidly raise the number and severity of disease cases in the vaccinated part of the population. This is because growing VI escape will cause vaccinees to lose their vaccine-mediated immune protection while having their natural, CoV-nonspecific natural Abs suppressed by high ers of long-lived, S-specific vaccinal Abs (4). It is reasonable to assume that, as a general rule, the level of suppression of natural, CoV-nonspecific Abs will increase with increasing strength (adjuvantation!), frequency and coverage rate of booster immunizations (including 2nd generation vaccines!).

Vaccinal S-specific Abs cannot outcompete S-specific Abs from previously symptomatically infected individuals for binding to viral variants due to multivalent B-cell epitope recognition by the naturally primed immune system. On the other hand, immunity acquired upon recovery from natural Covid-19 disease is very robust and has repeatedly been reported to be capable of dealing very effectively with a diversified range of antigenic variants upon re-exposure (including variants of concerns; VoCs). Non-antigen (Ag)-specific innate immune adjuvantation enables epitope spreading and is, therefore, likely to contribute to broad immune recognition. Naturally acquired immunity is, therefore, an almost ‘invariant’ component to herd immunity. It is, however, uncertain whether binding of S-specific Abs from previously symptomatically infected individuals to circulating VI-escaping viral variants could render these individuals more susceptible to Ab-dependent enhancement of disease (ADE)."

And you completely missed his point on the variants.

"The interactions described above allow to understand how mass vaccination on a background of enhanced viral infectiousness (pandemic!) engages both, the vaccinated and unvaccinated population to expedite natural selection and adaptation of immune escape variants harboring additional, RBD-associated mutations which increasingly inhibit VMI. This is to say that mass vaccination campaigns conducted during a pandemic of more infectious variants will precipitate resistance of more infectious Sars-Cov-2 variants to S-based Covid-19 vaccines.

The more ‘more infectious’ variants expand and dominate and the more these variants are subject to vaccine-mediated immune selection pressure, the more rapidly the beneficial effect from mass vaccination (i.e., reduction of viral transmission and prevention of disease) will be replaced by a growing failure of the vaccines to protect the vaccinees and of the vaccinees to protect the unvaccinated. This evolution is currently expedited by relaxation of infection-prevention measures, including more frequent contacts among healthy individuals. More frequent contacts between asymptomatically infected vaccinated and non-vaccinated subjects (5) will only promote breeding of new variants that are both, more infectious and more readily escape from vaccine immunity (e.g., lambda variant)."

Thread Information