my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hater:

What is a TRUE vaccine.
    So the flu vaccine is not a TRUE vaccine?

How about Hepa is A?
    How about Hepa is B?
    How about Chicken Pox?
    How about Rabies?
    How about Shingles?

Do you want more vaccines to rate?
    Because this vaccine at this time has done an excellent job. And you were going on and on about all the cases of people reacting to just getting the vaccine... yeah I called it on you. You took a giant L on that one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not a silver bullet vaccine. Its just another tool to fight the epidemic. I said from day 1 sick and old should get it and it will help them, thats all.

Its not that the vaccine is the proble its being used as a solution to the plague which clearly is not. All.these bull about herd immunity using the vax is bull .

You are welcome to disagree, sir. Lets try not to call each other names

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Father of five dies after texting fiancee:

'I should have gotten the damn vaccine'

https://www.rawstory.com/vaccine-hesitancy-2654291616

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For all the fuss over Israel efficacy data, look at their daily deaths.

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...ountry/israel/
    death is one data point, overtaxing hospitals is another.

buckle up, sweetie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not a silver bullet vaccine. Its just another tool to fight the epidemic. I said from day 1 sick and old should get it and it will help them, thats all.

Its not that the vaccine is the proble its being used as a solution to the plague which clearly is not. All.these bull about herd immunity using the vax is bull .

I will not call you names unless you purposely put out false material.
    When you call an authoritarian dictator (long before ISIS) who has continuously killed his own people who disagree with him, a Lion and freedom fighter.
    Then I will call you a name when you claim some sort of humanitarian character in yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Also it is pretty astounding what would have happened if we treated polio and small pox like we treated this vaccine. If there was as much refusal and disinformation we might still have these horrible diseases maiming and killing people. Human behavior has had a huge role in the effectiveness of this vaccine in this country.
    Yes there would be other countries with variants, but just having a large population vaccinated like Vermont has accomplished shows what could have been done. They have not seen the outbreaks like unvaccinated states. Vermont should not be looking kindly on the rest of the country coming and going from their state NOW.
    This virus also plays local games. People should realize this now. We dont want to have States and or cities deciding to cut themselves off. This is not easy stuff. The lack of unity in this country has made things very difficult. It did NOT have to be this way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AZ's largest school district tells Doug Ducey and AZ lege to stuff it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AZ's largest school district tells Doug Ducey and AZ lege to stuff it

America First!
    The UNITED States and united counties, and united cities, and united school districts, and united zip codes...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FL Counties Impose Mask Mandates Despite Threat From DeSantis to Invalidate Them

At least two mayors in Florida counties have issued new mandates in response to the growing threat of coronavirus in their jurisdictions as a result of the growing dominance of the Delta variant, which is more transmissible than other strains.

Masks or facial coverings are now required in all indoor buildings and facilities managed by Miami-Dade County. Mayor Daniella Levine Cava said the decision was based on a recent surge of new cases and hospitalizations in the county.

“We have all come too far. We have all sacrificed too much in this past almost year and a half. We cannot turn back now,”

https://truthout.org/articles/fl-cou...validate-them/

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    death is one data point, overtaxing hospitals is another.

buckle up, sweetie

C'mon, Joe, no better time than right this second to finally divulge your "plan."

tee, hee.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Also it is pretty astounding what would have happened if we treated polio and small pox like we treated this vaccine. If there was as much refusal and disinformation we might still have these horrible diseases maiming and killing people. Human behavior has had a huge role in the effectiveness of this vaccine in this country.
    Yes there would be other countries with variants, but just having a large population vaccinated like Vermont has accomplished shows what could have been done. They have not seen the outbreaks like unvaccinated states. Vermont should not be looking kindly on the rest of the country coming and going from their state NOW.
    This virus also plays local games. People should realize this now. We dont want to have States and or cities deciding to cut themselves off. This is not easy stuff. The lack of unity in this country has made things very difficult. It did NOT have to be this way.
    What were the CFR's of Polio and Small Pox?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C'mon, Joe, no better time than right this second to finally divulge your "plan."

tee, hee.
    His plan was to get the vast majority of the population vaccinated.
    For "some reason" people believed they should not be vaccinated (anything to do with the previous administration and officials who did not even want to admit they got vaccinated for fear of upsetting their votes?)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What were the CFR's of Polio and Small Pox?
    When?
    It what time frame?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘It hit me like a wall’:

This is what it’s like to have a breakthrough case of COVID-19

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/07/...-case-covid-19

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    When?
    It what time frame?
    In the timeline you laid out, when the vaccines were rolled out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Meghan McCain I have a better shot at getting shot in DC then contracting Covid

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Religion, esp Religion for profit, makes you stupid

Christian summer camp turns into 17-state Covid superspreader

A Christian summer camp in rural North Carolina

became a coronavirus superspreader.

where they could hike, swim, zipline and

be served a "healthy portion of God's word" covid included at no extra charge

-- but public officials have traced at least 76 COVID-19 cases nationwide back to The Wilds,

https://www.rawstory.com/summer-camp-19/

How many pregnancies and Christian abortions?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    daily cases have surpassed last summer's peak, on a steeper curve

https://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-vis...0States#states

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the timeline you laid out, when the vaccines were rolled out.
    Are you kidding?

The smallpox vaccine was given widely in the US in a diff form very early on. 1800s in Europe widespread in the US west in the mid 1800s. Do you mean by the WHO? What time frame 1796 by Edward Jenner? It was one of the first vaccines... Polio vaccine also changed widely in form.

I will read your reply when you go through the history of each vaccine and how it changed and how widely used it was and when government agencies or world wide organizations actually took the lead. I look forward to your history upon return from work and exercise. I would like reading it by tonight sometime after 10 but not after 11:30 pm

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "In the late 1940s,

polio outbreaks in the U.S. increased in frequency and size,

disabling an average of more than 35,000 people each year.
    "

https://www.cdc.gov/polio/what-is-polio/polio-us.html

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Are you kidding?

The smallpox vaccine was given widely in the US in a diff form very early on. 1800s in Europe widespread in the US west in the mid 1800s. Do you mean by the WHO? What time frame 1796 by Edward Jenner? It was one of the first vaccines... Polio vaccine also changed widely in form.

I will read your reply when you go through the history of each vaccine and how it changed and how widely used it was and when government agencies or world wide organizations actually took the lead. I look forward to your history upon return from work and exercise. I would like reading it by tonight sometime after 10 but not after 11:30 pm
    You could pick any time frame you wanted it doesn't really matter. The point was your comparison of society's reaction to a vaccine was just a dumb one considering the differences in CFR of Polio/Small Pox compared to Covid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wherever infection rates are high

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mandates coming quickly today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really has nothing to do with CFR. Back in the early days of vaccination, people were generally more distrustful than today since vaccines didn't really exist before that time, so there was no frame of reference, and understanding the science behind it was (and it still can be for the average joe) hard.

In the case of TB and Polio, there were also incidents with contaminated vaccines which further eroded confidence at the time.

At this point in time though, with a track record of over 100 years, the risk/reward ratio, process, effectiveness, etc is well do ented and understood.

Even relatively-new tech like mRNA is merely an innovation on the delivery mechanism to initiate the natural reaction, there is nothing new in how the immunization process works.

Spreading FUD is the edgy thing du jour, unfortunately, and clearly has an audience.

Thread Information