Page 112 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 12621021081091101111121131141151161221622126121112 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come Monday gonna have all these millions of tests & gonna be huntin' high & low for Americans to submit to one.
    drive through testing tbqh

id like to do that once in my lifetime

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably got tested & it came back negative, but, he ain't going to share that fact.
    I think he’s paranoid and getting tested all the time, just not sharing the results

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come Monday gonna have all these millions of tests & gonna be huntin' high & low for Americans to submit to one.
    Man, I wish you were right. But you're not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trump specifically asked about taking responsibility for disbanding the pandemic response team and his response is "thats a nasty question" and then denies even knowing what she's talking about
    Don't injure yourself as you fall down laughing in every other post.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he’s paranoid and getting tested all the time, just not sharing the results
    If he or Pence or Barr were infected from this week's meetings, they wouldn't tell us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah you've never pointed out people editing their posts to correct the same
    Yeah you've never accused anyone of anything you do yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah you've never accused anyone of anything you do yourself.
    i dont rail on people for editing posts to correct basic spelling/grammar errors and then get flustered when somebody points out that i just did so myself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont rail on people for editing posts to correct basic spelling/grammar errors and then get flustered when somebody points out that i just did so myself
    So you want to cherrypick your sanctimony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you want to cherrypick your sanctimony.
    Yours being broad spectrum sanctimony, by contrast.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump on the Coronavirus Emergency:

'I Don’t Take Responsibility'

Surrounded by sycophantic officials and executives, the president sang his own praises while declaring a national emergency.

main thrust of the announcement

the Trump administration has taken bold, proactive steps to forge what Vice President Mike Pence called “a historic public-private partnership” to expand coronavirus testing.

White House’s new coronavirus response coordinator Deborah Birx put it, is

“proactive, leaning forward, aggressive, trying to stay ahead of the curve.”

the slow and error-filled rollout of testing in the US has been the most critical failure of the federal government response to the pandemic thus far.

More than a month after the first confirmed case on American soil,

the press and social media are full of accounts of patients still unable to get tested even with doctors’ requests.

Even today, in response to repeated questions from reporters,

no one in the administration could say precisely when sufficient tests will be available.

A key purpose of today’s press conference was to convince you that none of this is the administration’s fault.

“I don’t take responsibility at all,” Trump said

“Because we were given a set of cir stances and we were given rules, regulations, and specifications from a different time.”

Trump’s new line: that excessive red tape, not the administration’s own fecklessness, has hampered US testing capabilities.

Trump’s false claim from last week that a rule adopted by the Obama administration had slowed the government’s response.

In fact, there was no such rule.

Just a week ago, Trump was declaring that “anybody that wants a test can get a test.”

At least now he admits that this isn’t true.

The lie has shifted from

“it’s not a problem”

to “it’s not my problem.”

“When you say me—I didn’t do it; we have a group of people,” the president said.

“You say we did that, I don’t know anything about it.”

after posing for a picture with a Brazilian official who has tested positive for the virus?

“There was somebody that they say has it, I have no idea who he is.”

Trump was eager to take credit for restricting travel from China and Europe, which, he claimed, “saved a lot of lives.”

it’s far too late for any travel restrictions to have much impact.

the government’s continued failure to provide anywhere close to enough tests is utterly scandalous

“When you compare what we’ve done to other areas of the world, it’s pretty incredible,” Trump said today.

That’s true, of course.

Just not in the way he intended.

https://www.wired.com/story/covid19-...ss-conference/

"what we’ve done to other areas of the world" ? WTF is he talking about?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Those are wonderful ads that play themselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I ain't got much...had to end up buying paper towels, but, the old lady won't let me use it. "We're not flushing that...it won't go down properly."

I got a roll in the Cadillac from like 20 years ago. I'm saving it for last resorts.

"Do you still have that roll in your car, Dale?"

Doesn't forget a in' thing.

"No."
    Baby wipes are an option

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Emergency = tax dollars.

Fed liquidity = private money from the Federal reserve into liquidity (inter-bank lending) markets, although technically they putting up fiat money if memory serves. pledging assets on the books. Will spend some time looking at the mechanics now that I try and explain it, I realize my understanding is not as solid as I usually prefer.

Markets seemed to like it. Administration finally doing something decisive other than lying about everything. +10%. Almost certain to plummet as bad news trickles in over the weekend, IMO.
    apparently it was in response to a liquidity crisis. The treasury note was crashing, almost at 0 on the 10 year note. Banks were worried about the crash creating a financial crisis (then they might stop lending, fearing for a run on banks/ATMs/more liquidity contagion). Call it QE4, 5 or whatever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he or Pence or Barr were infected from this week's meetings, they wouldn't tell us.
    But we would start to see very soon.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump on the Coronavirus Emergency:

'I Don’t Take Responsibility'

Surrounded by sycophantic officials and executives, the president sang his own praises while declaring a national emergency.

main thrust of the announcement

the Trump administration has taken bold, proactive steps to forge what Vice President Mike Pence called “a historic public-private partnership” to expand coronavirus testing.

White House’s new coronavirus response coordinator Deborah Birx put it, is

“proactive, leaning forward, aggressive, trying to stay ahead of the curve.”

the slow and error-filled rollout of testing in the US has been the most critical failure of the federal government response to the pandemic thus far.

More than a month after the first confirmed case on American soil,

the press and social media are full of accounts of patients still unable to get tested even with doctors’ requests.

Even today, in response to repeated questions from reporters,

no one in the administration could say precisely when sufficient tests will be available.

A key purpose of today’s press conference was to convince you that none of this is the administration’s fault.

“I don’t take responsibility at all,” Trump said

“Because we were given a set of cir stances and we were given rules, regulations, and specifications from a different time.”

Trump’s new line: that excessive red tape, not the administration’s own fecklessness, has hampered US testing capabilities.

Trump’s false claim from last week that a rule adopted by the Obama administration had slowed the government’s response.

In fact, there was no such rule.

Just a week ago, Trump was declaring that “anybody that wants a test can get a test.”

At least now he admits that this isn’t true.

The lie has shifted from

“it’s not a problem”

to “it’s not my problem.”

“When you say me—I didn’t do it; we have a group of people,” the president said.

“You say we did that, I don’t know anything about it.”

after posing for a picture with a Brazilian official who has tested positive for the virus?

“There was somebody that they say has it, I have no idea who he is.”

Trump was eager to take credit for restricting travel from China and Europe, which, he claimed, “saved a lot of lives.”

it’s far too late for any travel restrictions to have much impact.

the government’s continued failure to provide anywhere close to enough tests is utterly scandalous

“When you compare what we’ve done to other areas of the world, it’s pretty incredible,” Trump said today.

That’s true, of course.

Just not in the way he intended.

https://www.wired.com/story/covid19-...ss-conference/

"what we’ve done to other areas of the world" ? WTF is he talking about?

Great job, chief! Mind opening!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a LONG article

America Isn’t Testing for the Most Alarming Coronavirus Cases

In many states, testing rules are so strict that doctors may not notice a community outbreak until it’s too late.

“The doctor said he wanted to test me, but the San Diego County Department of Health criteria wouldn’t allow him to,”

But the majority of Americans still cannot get tested, as interviews with doctors, patients, and dozens of state public-health officials reveal.

a chaotic patchwork of rules now governs who can and cannot get a COVID-19 test.

In many states, symptomatic patients still cannot get tested for the coronavirus unless they meet certain limited criteria—

even if their doctor wants to test them.

In at least 13 states, the rules effectively discourage doctors from testing patients who have no known ties to existing cases

exactly the kind of “community case” that would signal that the pandemic has reached a dangerous new stage in a city or region, and

that the virus is now spreading among strangers.

The rules are set by states, counties, and cities, as well as by individual hospitals and health systems.

And while many are based on guidelines published by the CDC,

their enforcement can vary profoundly on a state-by-state, and

even hospital-by-hospital, basis.

a city or region’s first community case may not qualify for a test, especially if the person is not sick enough to be hospitalized.

“If those are the requirements, you will miss almost all mild symptomatic transmission, and

only become aware [that the coronavirus] is present in your community

when it gets into a group of vulnerable people and starts killing them,”

doctors must sometimes involve dozens of people throughout a sprawling hospital bureaucracy before they can authorize a single test.

The rules have prevented medical staff from getting themselves tested

United States is still greatly understating the number of people nationwide who are sick with COVID-19

estimates of the outbreak using statistical and genetic models suggest that thousands of people are already sick.

could only verify that 16,471 people have been tested for the coronavirus in the United States.

By this point in its own COVID-19 outbreak, South Korea had tested more than 100,000 people for the illness.

in a state or city where the coronavirus is not yet known to be spreading, the rules may keep doctors from noticing that it has started.

If officials say there is no evidence of community transmision, it may only be because they aren’t looking for it.

she still must involve several other departments as well as hospital administration before she can test a single patient.

“It’s not as easy as taking a swab.

It requires the involvement, I kid you not, of 40 people.

If that’s not a barrier to care, I don’t know what is,”

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/...avirus/607999/

As if Trash's MISmanagement alone weren't bad enough, it sounds operations at the community level are also pretty ed up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jack Ma with an amazing power play

Jack Ma Offers to Supply the US With Covid-19 Tests and Masks

The donation from the Alibaba cofounder cleverly highlights the weakness in Washington's response to the pandemic.

https://www.wired.com/story/jack-ma-supply-us-covid-19-tests-masks/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There's a Tweet for everything

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a Tweet for everything

the coronavirus has reached his cerebral cortex

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Voluntold as opposed to volunteered.

https://www.wired.com/story/coronavi...ogle-website/9

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    the coronavirus has reached his cerebral cortex
    What is your honest opinion about this exchange?

I. Am. Speechless. Wow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jack Ma with an amazing power play

Jack Ma Offers to Supply the US With Covid-19 Tests and Masks

The donation from the Alibaba cofounder cleverly highlights the weakness in Washington's response to the pandemic.

https://www.wired.com/story/jack-ma-supply-us-covid-19-tests-masks/

China making a full reversal on this one, making us look foolish

Thread Information