My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ring vaccination

cuz smallpox
    That was my riposte to someone's comment that no herd immunity means there's nothing we can do about COVID. It was a counterexample not necessarily a recommendation. Not sure why it couldn't be an element of putting down outbreaks, can you explain why not?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, duh, in a 100% unvaccinated city, 100% will be unvaccinated.
    100% unvaccinated with the disease dork. Why do Trump s play these stupid games...

cmon man...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Administration officials continued to insist this week that boosters remained unnecessary for the general population for now.

Oh.
    after charging about $20 earlier, pfizer expects to charge $150 - $200 for booster

then probably a whole new vaccine for Lambda since it appears unaffected by current vaccines. Lambda is in Dallas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    after charging about $20 earlier, pfizer expects to charge $150 - $200 for booster

then probably a whole new vaccine for Lambda since it appears unaffected by current vaccines. Lambda is in Dallas
    This is not true.
    We dont know how effective it is but it has worked.
    Again it probably is going to be best at, just like delta, overwhelming people who are immunocompromised but vaccinated.
    The current vaccines recognizes the viral proteins. This was probably overlooked and not stressed enough. If you immune system is weak and comprised, you probably are more vulnerable. This is why boosters are/were suggested for immune deficient folks. Its not just the vaccine, its your own body's ability to respond.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Fortunately there are vaccines in the works from more than the current 3.5 manufacturers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is not true.
    SARS-CoV-2 Lambda variant exhibits higher infectivity and immune resistance

Highlights

• Lambda S is highly infectious and T76I and L452Q are responsible for this property
    • Lambda S is more susceptible to an infection-enhancing antibody
    • RSYLTPGD246-253N, L452Q and F490S confer resistance to antiviral immunity

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1...07.28.454085v1

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "nevertheless, a big COVID-19 surge has occurred in Chile in Spring 2021, suggesting that

the lambda variant is proficient in escaping from the antiviral immunity elicited by vaccination," study authors warned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Already had COVID-19? Your antibodies won’t protect you from getting the delta variant, SA doctor says
    Dr. Jason Bowling, of University Health, says vaccines are the best way to protect yourself against the COVID-19 delta variant...."

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2021...a-doctor-says/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Already had COVID-19? Your antibodies won’t protect you from getting the delta variant, SA doctor says
    Dr. Jason Bowling, of University Health, says vaccines are the best way to protect yourself against the COVID-19 delta variant...."

correct, but so far, the infection rate for vaccinated people is 1% or less, and with usually mild symptoms that only extremely rarely progress to serious disease and death.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-15-2021 at 10:39 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SARS-CoV-2 Lambda variant exhibits higher infectivity and immune resistance

Highlights

• Lambda S is highly infectious and T76I and L452Q are responsible for this property
    • Lambda S is more susceptible to an infection-enhancing antibody
    • RSYLTPGD246-253N, L452Q and F490S confer resistance to antiviral immunity

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1...07.28.454085v1
    Immune resistance in whom? The current virus also exhibits immune "resistance"
    You are playing hater here and its easy because this one is new and the data is NOT conclusive. We have had people who have had the virus AND the current vaccine WORKED.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is the same thing Snakester keeps harping on and playing up. The vaccine works even though the virus still gets in your body "infects" you. It basically sets off your own vaccinated immune system. After that, depending on how strong your immune system is, you get zero symptoms and have no idea anything even happened, to very bad symptoms, the majority being nothing at all. We could actually test perfectly fine vaccinated people to "see" if they were infected by the Delta variant and probably are in sample studies, but its expensive, and we have a good feel for what is happening.

Again, this vaccine is far more effective than the flu virus because the variants produced are not even remotely close to showing the HUGE diversity flu viruses do.

And our own bodies make a tremendous difference as well. Our immune systems are not the same. Older folks generally have weakened immune systems. And then there are plenty of people fighting cancer currently on chemotherapy (that as a side effect greatly weakens the immune system (immunocompromised)) that really are not happy with the current situation. Then there is probably a dosage effect which means if you get a huge dose of virus at once it may overwhelm your immune system which takes some time mounting a response.
    This is why masking and staying away from infected people shedding virus is important. If you are healthy vaccinated and want to experience Covid symptoms the advice would be take a car ride with 3 or so other infected shedding people without a mask for 3 hours.
    This is basically the way it stands today.
    The political noise is still unbelievably loud and not helpful.

*antibodies to the virus may directly ruin the virus or not. It really is important your cellular immunity, which produces Ab and has cells that directly destroys the virus, working a well. Some of the immune cells are much more efficient at "eating the virus" if the virus is already coated (labeled) with Ab for recognition by the cells. There is a lot to the entire immune response of your body. It has many facets. There are even immune cells that recognize your own cells that are manufacturing virus and the immune cells destroy these. This is very important, because once the viral genetic material is inside a healthy cell and then commandeers it for viral production, its nice to have the cells to find your own cells producing virus. During this stage the virus can be considered hidden as all it really "wants" is to get its genes inside your own cells and get them to make its "offspring"

tl;dr okay

it just need to be said somewhere because people are not getting all this.
    Last edited by pgardn; 08-16-2021 at 09:23 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there was no FDA in 1900

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the same thing Snakester keeps harping on and playing up. The vaccine works even though the virus still gets in your body "infects" you. It basically sets off your own vaccinated immune system. After that, depending on how strong your immune system is, you get zero symptoms and have no idea anything even happened, to very bad symptoms, the majority being nothing at all. We could actually test perfectly fine vaccinated people to "see" if they were infected by the Delta variant and probably are in sample studies, but its expensive, and we have a good feel for what is happening.

Again, this vaccine is far more effective than the flu virus because the variants produced are not even remotely close to showing the HUGE diversity flu viruses do.

And our own bodies make a tremendous difference as well. Our immune systems are not the same. Older folks generally have weakened immune systems. And then there are plenty of people fighting cancer currently on chemotherapy (that as a side effect greatly weakens the immune system (immunocompromised)) that really are not happy with the current situation. Then there is probably a dosage effect which means if you get a huge dose of virus at once it may overwhelm your immune system which takes some time mounting a response.
    This is why masking and staying away from infected people shedding virus is important. If you are healthy vaccinated and want to experience Covid symptoms the advice would be take a car ride with 3 or so other infected shedding people without a mask for 3 hours.
    This is basically the way it stands today.
    The political noise is still unbelievably loud and not helpful.

*antibodies to the virus may directly ruin the virus or not. It really is important your cellular immunity, which produces Ab and has cells that directly destroys the virus, working a well. Some of the immune cells are much more efficient at "eating the virus" if the virus is already coated (labeled) with Ab for recognition by the cells. There is a lot to the entire immune response of your body. It has many facets. There are even immune cells that recognize your own cells that are manufacturing virus and the immune cells destroy these. This is very important, because once the viral genetic material is inside a healthy cell and then commandeers it for viral production, its nice to have the cells to find your own cells producing virus. During this stage the virus can be considered hidden as all it really "wants" is to get its genes inside your own cells and get them to make its "offspring"

tl;dr okay

it just need to be said somewhere because people are not getting all this.
    bumpage
    it needs to be stated.
    Understood the tl;dr or you dont want to bother as you dont believe. This is where we are basically.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Recall Ron DeSantis' Pe ion Hits 35,000 Target as Delta Variant Devastates Florida

"Governor Ron DeSantis and former governor Rick Scott have made filing for unemployment in Florida impossible.

They care more about showing low unemployment numbers than they do if Floridians have enough to eat," the pe ion reads.

https://www.newsweek.com/recall-ron-...target-1619495

===================

Best and Worst Unemployment Benefits by State

Bottom line:

Florida offers the worst unemployment insurance out of every state, with a maximum of $275 per week for only 12 weeks

less than half the amount of time most other states allow.

It’s not easy to get that small amount of relief, either, as

Florida is one of the most difficult states for out-of-work people to be approved for unemployment insurance.

https://www.workandmoney.com/s/unemp...d86da8fd2f4f6c

Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-16-2021 at 10:09 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    weird how many iterations of this story we're getting and it's not even September

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you can't protect the kids, just hide the damage

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you can't protect the kids, just hide the damage

same in some SA districts. kids got lice? tell the parents. kids got covid? say nothing

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    America’s failure to pay workers time off undermines vaccine campaign

a lack of paid sick leave is playing a role in deterring low-wage workers from taking time off to get vaccinated,

an underreported role in vaccine hesitancy in the country, particularly among lower-income populations.

Workers who do not get paid time off

to get the shot or

deal with potential side effects are less likely to get the vaccine,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2021/08/16/paid-leave-covid-vaccine

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden's education secretary vows to pay full salaries of Florida school officials

if Ron DeSantis blocks pay over masks

https://www.alternet.org/2021/08/bid...ay-over-masks/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Louisiana hospitals overwhelmed by surging Delta variant

https://www.rawstory.com/louisiana-h...-delta-variant

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Louisiana hospitals overwhelmed by surging Delta variant

https://www.rawstory.com/louisiana-h...-delta-variant
    Florida ain't reported in for the past 3 days, bouts. I God's, when they finally do it's gonna be a whopper of a #.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Biden's education secretary vows to pay full salaries of Florida school officials

if Ron DeSantis blocks pay over masks

https://www.alternet.org/2021/08/bid...ay-over-masks/
    Old mother er Biden loves this . He ain't no country preacher, by God. He's as hateful as the best of us on both sides the battle, eh, bouts?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information