My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another one of my uncles is in the VA hospital right now with COVID. This is the second time he's had it but he wasn't really too bothered by it the first time. Now, he's receiving oxygen. SMH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope.

You're free to run your own equation to prove vaccines don't work.

You will fold..

Let's make it really simple for you.

You have 100 old Israelis.

90 are vaccinated.

10 are not.

3 of the vaccinated group die.

2 of the unvaccinated group die.

More vaccinated old Israelis died so vaccines don't work, right?

20% of the unvaccinated died.

3% of the vaccinated died.

So vaccines don't work, right?
    You keep comparing vs unvaccinated. Also keep using # including infected and NOT infected. Thats your 2 big mistakes.

Lets say they tell us a vaccine works at 95% efficacy and prevents deaths at 100%. Then. All of a sudden vaccinated start getting sick, hospitalized some even dying. That tells us the vaccines failed.

Or what is the explanation?

Darrin is right we need to use the % of vaccinated.that were INFECTED.to see how badly these vaccines are.failing.

For example we have 100 israelis fully vaccinated. 30 got INFECTED. 20 got hospitalized. That gives us efficacy at preventing illness at 33% far cry from.the promised 95%

Remember the survival rate WITHOUT vaccines is already 96% for elder. So most important is to find out the vaccine efficacy at PREVENTING ILLNESS AND/OR HOSPITALIZATION.
    Last edited by hater; 09-04-2021 at 01:03 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another one of my uncles is in the VA hospital right now with COVID. This is the second time he's had it but he wasn't really too bothered by it the first time. Now, he's receiving oxygen. SMH
    Vaxed?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden too, for that matter

not the same matter. The media certainly, gratuitously trash Biden for implementing Trash's ed up agreement.

The press also played a huge role in "manufacturing consent" to go and stay in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You keep comparing vs unvaccinated. Also keep using # including infected and NOT infected. Thats your 2 big mistakes.

Lets say they tell us a vaccine works at 95% efficacy and prevents deaths at 100%. Then. All of a sudden vaccinated start getting sick, hospitalized some even dying. That tells us the vaccines failed.

Or what is the explanation?

Darrin is right we need to use the % of vaccinated.that were INFECTED.to see how badly these vaccines are.failing.

For example we have 100 israelis fully vaccinated. 30 got INFECTED. 20 got hospitalized. That gives us efficacy at preventing illness at 33% far cry from.the promised 95%

Remember the survival rate WITHOUT vaccines is already 96% for elder. So most important is to find out the vaccine efficacy at PREVENTING ILLNESS AND/OR HOSPITALIZATION.
    So you want to move the goalposts.

OK, show me your numbers.

Also show the infected/uninfected numbers for everyone who WASN'T tested. See how that's going to go nowhere? Testing has never been consistent nor complete enough to be reliable at all.

Show your numbers.

You and Darrin are destined to fold, so get on with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He caught the original strain, got better, got vaxxed in Jan, caught it again recently. Obviously that's the length of time before immunity wanes. He's also in his 60s with diabetes like my other uncle who just died.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He caught the original strain, got better, got vaxxed in Jan, caught it again recently. Obviously that's the length of time before immunity wanes. He's also in his 60s with diabetes like my other uncle who just died.
    Wow sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If you're still six times less likely to die compared to being unvaccinated, how is that a failure?

Explain yourself.

Still waiting for your numbers. If you're going to fold just say so. We all know it's coming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's acting like vaccinated people die at a higher rate than antivaxxers.

Vaccines are proving they save lifes.
    they're just pouting at this point.

Wrng denminatr! You need to use a number that can't possibly be known! I will now back up my contention by folding!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll probably just get a different Republican governor, but Greg Abbott's horrible pandemic policies could wreck Greg Abbott.

A lot of right wingers disapprove of Abbott's pandemic policies. They think he has been too restrictive, just another rino. They're hoping for a Governor Allen West.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How old is he?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a scoreboard for this "folding"/"not folding" game? Or does everyone get a trophy? And are there orange slices with Capri Sun after the game? So many questions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Embarrassed to say I was wrong earlier when I mentioned he was in his 60s. Now that I think about it, he was in his 20s when he served in Vietnam so he must be in his 70s by now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're still six times less likely to die compared to being unvaccinated, how is that a failure?

Explain yourself.

Still waiting for your numbers. If you're going to fold just say so. We all know it's coming.
    Ive been saying vaccines reduce hospitalization and mortality for months. They do. But the corporate chant that they afe the key 5o solving the pandemic is dead. Based on Israel data, they are currently 40% effective at avoiding illness and hospitalization especially on over 60.yr.old.

So if.sti 40% all our over 60 year olds still.go to the hospital. Thats still gonna overwhelm them.

Vaccines as.touted do not solve the fundamental issue of covid. Its time to fqce the reality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still waiting on your denminatr.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Embarrassed to say I was wrong earlier when I mentioned he was in his 60s. Now that I think about it, he was in his 20s when he served in Vietnam so he must be in his 70s by now.
    Thanks. I was asking for selfish reasons since I too had covid then got vaxxed but I'm only 54.

It does seem that in the older population at least the vaccines are losing their effectiveness against severe disease. I wonder if the older folks aren't making a good memory b & t cell response.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ive been saying vaccines reduce hospitalization and mortality for months. They do. But the corporate chant that they afe the key 5o solving the pandemic is dead. Based on Israel data, they are currently 40% effective at avoiding illness and hospitalization especially on over 60.yr.old.

So if.sti 40% all our over 60 year olds still.go to the hospital. Thats still gonna overwhelm them.

Vaccines as.touted do not solve the fundamental issue of covid. Its time to fqce the reality.
    That seems to be the bottom line tbh. Repeated infection is going to be required before it is "just a cold". Being the that she is, Mother Nature will get her pound of flesh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    60 NYPD cops killed by covid, cop Union there and elsewhere refusing vaccine mandates

Labor unions vs. vaccine mandates: The workers drawing a line in the COVID battle

The head of the Fraternal Order of Police, which represents some 355,000 members, recently compared vaccine mandates to Nazi Germany

We're in America, Goddamn it," union president John Catanzara told the Sun-Times.

"We don't want to be forced to do anything. Period.

This ain't Nazi ing Germany, [where they say],

'Step into the ing showers. The pills won't hurt you.'

What the ?"

"Nobody knows what the long term side effects could possibly be," he added.

"Nobody. And anybody who says they do are full of ."

https://www.rawstory.com/vaccine-mandates

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fox News host blasted for 'obscene' push for counterfeit vaccine cards

Tucker Carlson defending faking vaccination cards after Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance, Jr. charged fifteen people for a "fake COVID-19 vaccination card conspiracy" which allegedly included fraudulently entering individuals into the New York State Immunization Information System.

https://www.rawstory.com/tucker-carlson-vaccination-cards

Isn't there a law against telling people to break the law?

Carlson held accountable?

Carlson, Fox, the Murdochs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

As of August 16, the ministry recorded 159 severe COVID-19 cases per 100,000 people among the unvaccinated over the age of 60, compared to 20 per 100,000 people among the fully vaccinated. This makes the unvaccinated elderly more than eight times as likely to experience a severe case than their immunized counterparts.

For those under the age of 60, the rate of severe illness among the unvaccinated stood at 2.4 cases per 100,000 people – 2.7 times more than the 0.9 per 100,000 among those who are fully vaccinated.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/...zer-1.10101640

Still waiting for your numbers. Do you need a new denominator?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whinehole

6 Tips For Coping With COVID Anxiety This Fall And Winter
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...all-and-winter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As of August 16, the ministry recorded 159 severe COVID-19 cases per 100,000 people among the unvaccinated over the age of 60, compared to 20 per 100,000 people among the fully vaccinated. This makes the unvaccinated elderly more than eight times as likely to experience a severe case than their immunized counterparts.

For those under the age of 60, the rate of severe illness among the unvaccinated stood at 2.4 cases per 100,000 people – 2.7 times more than the 0.9 per 100,000 among those who are fully vaccinated.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/...zer-1.10101640

Still waiting for your numbers. Do you need a new denominator?
    U Still missing d point.

Use INFECTED not whole population

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That seems to be the bottom line tbh. Repeated infection is going to be required before it is "just a cold". Being the that she is, Mother Nature will get her pound of flesh.
    Yup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U Still missing d point.

Use INFECTED not whole population
    You use it.

Let's see your numbers that prove whatever point you failed to make.

Make sure they are complete and accurate.

Why are you folding?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You use it.

Let's see your numbers that prove whatever point you failed to make.

Make sure they are complete and accurate.

Why are you folding?
    Keep in mind Pfizer touted 95% efficacy to illness. They defined illness as fever and another symptom such as coug, headache, etc.

That was the promise.

Turns out the reality is:

Israel says Pfizer Covid vaccine is just 39% effective as delta spreads

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/delt...e-illness.html

Those are.the facts.

Now vax s moved the goalpost saying "well it does prevent death and hospitalization"

Seeing that at least 1/2.the dead are vaxed now, thus my question.

Wtf?

Thread Information