My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one's talking about ridding the hospitals of covid patients, idiot. But yes, if 100% of the population was vaccinated, there would be fewer surges on hospitals because it would spread more slowly.
    insisting on reaching a puportedly inevitable endpoint (endemic disease and widespread natural immunity) as quickly as possible conveniently skips over how things unfold in time. uncontrolled pandemics tend to wreck commerce, healthcare and society.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 09-16-2021 at 07:28 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hospitalized dropped below 1000 in SA. Positive test rate continues to drop, even with schools open.

We're at 70% vaccinated in SA.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Smaller surges? Maybe but how much smaller? Its debatable. Look at Israel. 85% vaxed and still filling up hospitals. How much will the extra 15% help? Nobody knows.
    Hospitalizations per 100,000 unvaxxed people is 431.
    Hospitalizations per 100,000 vaccinated people is 25.
    https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...s-unvaccinated

The difference is 406 per 100K people.

15% of the adult population is 38 million people.

So vaccinating an additional 15% of the population likely results in 154K fewer hospitalizations (give or take depending on the risk level and age of who's getting the vaccine)

That 154K number accounts for almost 20% of staffed acute care beds in the country (534K). So yeah, it would make a huge ing difference.

https://www.sccm.org/Blog/March-2020...y-for-COVID-19

Is it worth turning us into a full gestapo world?? I dont think so.
    Paging Darrin, we have a hyperbole violation!

Time to fqce the music. There will ALWAYS be waves. Always some unvaxed (waning immunity etc). We will ALWAYS be playing catchup with Covid.
    And I know you're excited about that but in the meantime we can control the surges by getting our free and easy vaccines.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hospitalized dropped below 1000 in SA. Positive test rate continues to drop, even with schools open.

Idaho declared crisis standard of care statewide. Hawaii, OK, Utah and Washington state are all suitably close to statewide rationing of healthcare to have warned the public about the possibility. Those are just the states I happen to have read about, there may be others. Alabama, Mississppi and Tennessee aren't doing so great right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hospitalizations per 100,000 unvaxxed people is 431.
    Hospitalizations per 100,000 vaccinated people is 25.
    https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...s-unvaccinated

The difference is 406 per 100K people.

15% of the adult population is 38 million people.

So vaccinating an additional 15% of the population likely results in 154K fewer hospitalizations (give or take depending on the risk level and age of who's getting the vaccine)

That 154K number accounts for almost 20% of staffed acute care beds in the country (534K). So yeah, it would make a huge ing difference.

https://www.sccm.org/Blog/March-2020...y-for-COVID-19

Paging Darrin, we have a hyperbole violation!

And I know you're excited about that but in the meantime we can control the surges by getting our free and easy vaccines.
    Its not even winter yet and waning immunity ma brotha

I expect to see Israel type #s where its 65 unvaxed vs 35 vaxed.

Winter is coming. And no matter how much yall and moan. It will.come.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think eventually everyone here will die.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Positivity rate was dropping fast for 3-4 weeks, now that slowed a lot (from 7.6 two weeks ago to 7.1 last week). Hoping that's not a portent for an increase as restaurants and look way more full these last couple of weeks than they did the couple of weeks before when our positivity rate was really high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Positivity rate was dropping fast for 3-4 weeks, now that slowed a lot (from 7.6 two weeks ago to 7.1 last week). Hoping that's not a portent for an increase as restaurants and look way more full these last couple of weeks than they did the couple of weeks before when our positivity rate was really high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't even acknowledge old Joe's obvious screw ups but talks about carrying water

Todays Bernie bros smh
    LOL Trump semen shielder throwing stones

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idaho declared crisis standard of care statewide. Hawaii, OK, Utah and Washington state are all suitably close to statewide rationing of healthcare to have warned the public about the possibility. Those are just the states I happen to have read about, there may be others. Alabama, Mississppi and Tennessee aren't doing so great right now.
    Louisiana too right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And it has a spill on effect, an ICU team that has to "crunch" or whatever the term is for extended periods, starts to burn out. Now you have beds and respirators but no team to service them...

Hater is right that there will always be antivax holdouts, 30% is still high though imo.. also right that it's never going to fully disappear, at least any time soon, but there's a big difference between having 1% positivity and prepared ICU teams, vs having 15+ and being on the brink of collapse for extended periods- even if you never collapse it's a major stress that will have long term costs
    The antivaxxers are special snowflakes who want all the benefits of living in a society with none of the responsibilities. None of them give a about healthcare workers being pushed to the brink. I can't imagine how much they'd flip out hearing Kennedy say 'Ask what you can do for your country' in 2021 when they won't even put on a ing cloth mask in the store or get free vaccinations to potentially save their lives while taking a lot of strain off our healthcare system, because they're attention starved children who want to be heard god damnit and what's important is their feelings.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "My point was that doctors don't refuse care to people who made poor health choices."

Show me where I said obesity is an infectious disease. You keep saying that.

I'll make it simpler. A person comes to the hospital for influenza. Are they turned away, if they didn't get a flu shot?
    Of course not. Just another aside from MSM/CNN to goose the unshot to get shot.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The antivaxxers are special snowflakes who want all the benefits of living in a society with none of the responsibilities. None of them give a about healthcare workers being pushed to the brink. I can't imagine how much they'd flip out hearing Kennedy say 'Ask what you can do for your country' in 2021 when they won't even put on a ing cloth mask in the store or get free vaccinations to potentially save their lives while taking a lot of strain off our healthcare system, because they're attention starved children who want to be heard god damnit and what's important is their feelings.
    You taught us that exact tact,,,immediately after:::

Trump President.
    Not Clinton.

You can dish it, but you have nary inclination to take it. Well, Buster Brown you're gonna take it.

Where's that sucker's (plan), bum? Liar, liar, his pants? Well, they be all on fire.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    tee, hee.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Louisiana too right?
    Yes, "suitably close" fart face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those cloth masks are pretty terrible, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Louisiana too right?
    Louisiana seems to have stepped back from the precipice, new cases have dropped by about half from last months peak. Hospitalizations have gone down by a similar proportion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    150,000 new cases and 1,500 deaths a day is just background noise in 2021`

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST vaxxed antivaxxers always have to lie
    And poster B never disappoints with his fortune cookie comments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Biden's America

Nice job rounding down those deaths. Closer to 2K per day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden's America

Nice job rounding down those deaths. Closer to 2K per day.
    Unvaccinated people are 11 times more likely than vaccinated people to die from Covid-19, per CDC.

Makes for great Darwin Award winners.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not the Kennedy that matters

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's the slow time of the year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's mortuary trailer season in Montana

St. Peter's Health leadership announced Thursday the hospital is transitioning to crisis standards of care as both its intensive care unit and advanced medical unit are full with the onslaught of new COVID-19 patients.

"We are now seeing volume and resource constraints that require St. Peter's to shift to crisis standards of care, a situation that we don't take lightly in health care," St. Peter's Health Chief Medical Officer and President of the Regional Medical Center Dr. S y Harkins said during a press conference. "For the first time in my career, we are at the point where not every patient in need will get the care that we might wish we could give."

With that, Harkins said "true emergencies" will always receive priority and cautioned people not to put off necessary hospital visits.

Hospitals across the country, including Helena's, are in a "far worse position than we ever were," Harkins said, citing the delta variant, which is much more transmissible and results in more severe illness.

"This surge is different," she said. "We are having to tell patients 'you aren't going to get what you need.'"

Operating within the crisis care model, medical personnel have been given permission to make decisions on moving scarce hospital resources to patients with a higher likelihood of survival.
    https://helenair.com/news/local/st-p...bcb4bce77.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The hospital has formally requested relief from the National Guard, but Harkins said she is doubtful that help will come as the National Guard is also stretched thin.

Thread Information