Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's fine, if there was a phrase like "follow whatever medical whims are being pushed on the internet by people who listen to Joe Rogan podcasts" I'd probably hate that phrase.
    Karrin likes to follow the right wing miracle cure of the week

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You bum & Adam sittin' in that in' tree, k.i.s.s.i.n.g..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, that's actually according to the FDA... that panel explicitly calls to vaccinate the unvaccinated.

What they want more data on is if the increase of protection from additional boosters is worth the risk.

Apparently they already think it is for people 65+ and at risk, just want to look further for other age ranges.
    Wait u call the 2nd pfizer a booster?

Ok I take both as one vaccination. I was talking about actual planned booster. FDA says theres not enough data

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That's fine, if there was a phrase like "follow whatever medical whims are being pushed on the internet by people who listen to Joe Rogan podcasts" I'd probably hate that phrase.
    You lost 2k of dead Americans yesterday, buddy-boys. I just toted those ciphers and loaded 'em onto Baby Killer Biden's end of the COVID Death Ledger.

Now get back in that in' tree!!!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No, that's actually according to the FDA... that panel explicitly calls to vaccinate the unvaccinated.

What they want more data on is if the increase of protection from additional boosters is worth the risk.

Apparently they already think it is for people 65+ and at risk, just want to look further for other age ranges.
    ...and how bad it/vax s up young people hearts. They're real concerned about that, even enough concerned to say it out loud!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...and how bad it/vax s up young people hearts. They're real concerned about that, even enough concerned to say it out loud!!!
    Yup

Anyone else saying it is being called an anti vaxer

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yup

Anyone else saying it is being called an anti vaxer
    hater

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. He doesn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ok I take both as one vaccination. I was talking about actual planned booster. FDA says theres not enough data
    But that's the point. There's a tacit admission that the vaccine is effective. What they want more data on is how much a booster increases protection vs the potential risk, especially in non-high risk people.

If the vaccines wouldn't still be effective at this point, then then there would be fairly low hesitancy in recommending it.

That said, 'need more data' is also not an actual denial, just asking for more time, which makes sense, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the case of Moderna and Pfizer, I do. That's what they are.

It's proven that the first dose already provides protection against the virus, the second dose is indeed a booster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Statistically it's not bad at all. The prevalence of myocarditis is extremely low and a treatable inflammation.

However, it's indeed concerning if a booster doesn't provide substantial protection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But that's the point. There's a tacit admission that the vaccine is effective. What they want more data on is how much a booster increases protection vs the potential risk, especially in non-high risk people.

If the vaccines wouldn't still be effective at this point, then then there would be fairly low hesitancy in recommending it.

That said, 'need more data' is also not an actual denial, just asking for more time, which makes sense, tbh
    Correct. If I have an empty tank of gas, and I go fill up, I will have gas. Same w booster. Obviously your antibodies grow. But how lomg does that last? Not much based on Israel already using 4th shot. FDA is correct to say if we gonna be boosting every 4, 5 months. (Which we absolutely shouldnt) at least need to see Lots OF data. Lots

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correct. If I have an empty tank of gas, and I go fill up, I will have gas. Same w booster. Obviously your antibodies grow. But how lomg does that last? Not much based on Israel already using 4th shot. FDA is correct to say if we gonna be boosting every 4, 5 months. (Which we absolutely shouldnt) at least need to see Lots OF data. Lots
    Except that it doesn't work anything like that. Antibodies for one variant of the virus vary in efficacy against another variant. That's why companies like Pfizer have announced and are working on updated vaccines making them more efficient against current variants. This is the same that happens with the Flu vaccine as well.

That's also why this situation is fluid. Fortunately the current vaccines are still relatively efficient against a no-vaccine-at-all scenario with Delta, the variant du jour, despite they're not as effective as they were against the original COVID.

That said, I agree that more data = better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except that it doesn't work anything like that. Antibodies for one variant of the virus vary in efficacy against another variant. That's why companies like Pfizer have announced and are working on updated vaccines making them more efficient against current variants. This is the same that happens with the Flu vaccine as well.

That's also why this situation is fluid. Fortunately the current vaccines are still relatively efficient against a no-vaccine-at-all scenario with Delta, the variant du jour, despite they're not as effective as they were against the original COVID.

That said, I agree that more data = better.
    "Vaccines"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Indiana Pacers
    Post Count
    Statistically it's not bad at all. The prevalence of myocarditis is extremely low and a treatable inflammation.
    The heart does not regenerate new cells. If you damage your heart cells then you are going suffer heart problems for the rest of your life. Inflammation of the heart is a SERIOUS problem.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The heart does not regenerate new cells. If you damage your heart cells then you are going suffer heart problems for the rest of your life. Inflammation of the heart is a SERIOUS problem.
    Sam just wrecked El's .

Sam da Sham

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not a vaccine if you gotta get one every 4 months

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup

Ppl think that you can recover from heart issues. Nope. When you get older you will feel the damage.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup

Ppl think that you can recover from heart issues. Nope. When you get older you will feel the damage.
    Researchers analysed the records of healthcare organisations that cover a fifth of the US population. They found that, during the first 12 months of the pandemic, males aged 12 to 17 were most likely to develop myocarditis within three months of catching covid-19, at a rate of about 450 cases per million infections.

This compares with 67 cases of myocarditis per million males of the same age following their second dose of a Pfizer/BioNTech or Moderna vaccine, according to figures from the US Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices. Researchers added together cases after first and second doses to reach a total rate of 77 cases per million in this male age group triggered by vaccination, a sixth that seen after infection.

“If you’re focused on heart inflammation, the safer bet is to take the vaccine,” says Mendel Singer at Case Western Reserve University in Ohio, who helped carry out the study.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...n-vaccination/

So are you REALLY focused on heart inflammation?

Yes or no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Researchers analysed the records of healthcare organisations that cover a fifth of the US population. They found that, during the first 12 months of the pandemic, males aged 12 to 17 were most likely to develop myocarditis within three months of catching covid-19, at a rate of about 450 cases per million infections.

This compares with 67 cases of myocarditis per million males of the same age following their second dose of a Pfizer/BioNTech or Moderna vaccine, according to figures from the US Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices. Researchers added together cases after first and second doses to reach a total rate of 77 cases per million in this male age group triggered by vaccination, a sixth that seen after infection.

“If you’re focused on heart inflammation, the safer bet is to take the vaccine,” says Mendel Singer at Case Western Reserve University in Ohio, who helped carry out the study.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...n-vaccination/

So are you REALLY focused on heart inflammation?

Yes or no.
    Tell that to the FDA.tbqh

They had a good.reason to directly refer to myocarditis.

Follow the science ma homedude

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is that if u gonna inject these poor bas s every 4 months
    The # of myocarditis kids would easily eclipse covid myocarditis by the 5th dose

Thread Information