Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Patients are lined up outside on ambulance gurneys' in California towns that can't stop COVID spread

There are areas in California that continues to be overwhelmed by COVID-19,

even as the state as a whole continues to see some of the lowest case rates in the United States.

Once you're inside the hospital, the hallways are filled with patients on gurneys.

an ER nurse described it as being like the line at Disneyland with people stretched outside and around the corner, waiting to sign into the check-in desk.

"I'm exhausted and just disappointed that we're here,"

there are still people who refuse to believe they have COVID-19 or even that it's real, even after they are on ventilators.

The overwhelming majority of patients dying are unvaccinated or immunocompromised,

in mid-September that Fresno hospitals revealed that they'd have to start rationing care.

"The largest hospital systems that we have here in the county are telling us that they are over 100% of their normal capacity, and

some of them are as high as 140%,

which is really pushing the surge standards and really almost

tipping us into what we call the 'crisis standards of care,'"

"The San Joaquin Valley has California's worst per capita rate of COVID-19 hospitalizations, with 38 COVID-19 hospitalizations for every 100,000 residents,

https://www.rawstory.com/california-...lley-disasters

Rural America is really ed up, something deeply toxic about rural culture.

They keep voting Repug and Repugs keep not helping them and screwing them, for decades.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    'Patients are lined up outside on ambulance gurneys' in California towns that can't stop COVID spread

There are areas in California that continues to be overwhelmed by COVID-19,

even as the state as a whole continues to see some of the lowest case rates in the United States.

Once you're inside the hospital, the hallways are filled with patients on gurneys.

an ER nurse described it as being like the line at Disneyland with people stretched outside and around the corner, waiting to sign into the check-in desk.

"I'm exhausted and just disappointed that we're here,"

there are still people who refuse to believe they have COVID-19 or even that it's real, even after they are on ventilators.

The overwhelming majority of patients dying are unvaccinated or immunocompromised,

in mid-September that Fresno hospitals revealed that they'd have to start rationing care.

"The largest hospital systems that we have here in the county are telling us that they are over 100% of their normal capacity, and

some of them are as high as 140%,

which is really pushing the surge standards and really almost

tipping us into what we call the 'crisis standards of care,'"

"The San Joaquin Valley has California's worst per capita rate of COVID-19 hospitalizations, with 38 COVID-19 hospitalizations for every 100,000 residents,

https://www.rawstory.com/california-...lley-disasters

Rural America is really ed up, something deeply toxic about rural culture.

They keep voting Repug and Repugs keep not helping them and screwing them, for decades.

Makes perfect sense...they've got over 2.1 million active cases in there. And that Newsom fellow has locked down the firstest and the longest. And he still got lambasted with it.

- "A piece of gauze proved worthless."
    - A hundred years ago.

And a hundred years later.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    United CEO Sure Seems Cheerful Saying

‘I Feel Bad For’ Firing 593 Workers Who Refused Vaccine

https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-...fused-vaccine/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    United CEO Sure Seems Cheerful Saying

‘I Feel Bad For’ Firing 593 Workers Who Refused Vaccine

https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-...fused-vaccine/
    Just wait till the under 12 year olds gain eligibility for the vaccines. There's over 50 million of the little s in here coupled with the 75 million adults who ain't shot and the 30 million illegals in here who aren't shot. That's still over a 150 million people in this country who ain't vaxxed.

Oh, the weather outside is frightful, inside it it so delightful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't follow the science if the science doesn't know.
    Sure you can. You just dont assume whats convenient for you. For example you dont assume vaxed spread less covid than non. Thats not science.

Thus following the science would be not assuming either way until science proves one.

When that happens, which is pretty normal (ie: Einstein's theory of relativity is also not all proven and still a theory, and it doesn't mean we ignore it outright) we use risk analysis instead, which have nothing to do with a coin toss.

There's really two possible outcomes here:
    1) a person with natural immunity and vaccine is more likely to reduce infection and transmission, saving lives.
    2) a person with natural immunity and vaccine is no more likely to reduce infection and transmission than a person with natural immunity and no vaccine, saving no additional lives.

One option has a potential to save lives, and in the worst absolute case, it'll match the second option. Thus, it's a no brainer.
    Math is science. If you can prove something mathematically, you are following the science.

Your last sentence is absolutely not following the science.

Follow the science

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure you can. You just dont assume whats convenient for you. For example you dont assume vaxed spread less covid than non. Thats not science.

Thus following the science would be not assuming either way until science proves one.
    You don't assume anything. An informed decision might also not necessarily be convenient for you, but it can definitely be the right choice given the information at hand.

Math is science. If you can prove something mathematically, you are following the science.

Your last sentence is absolutely not following the science.

Follow the science
    Already established there's no science to follow since there are no answers from science at this time.

That decision is entirely on risk/reward, next best thing since science at the moment is off the table.
    Last edited by ElNono; 09-29-2021 at 01:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't assume anything. An informed decision might also not necessarily be convenient for you, but it can definitely be the right choice given the information at hand.
    It could also be the wrong choice. Thus not a scientific decision.

Already established there's no science to follow since there are no answers from science at this time.

That decision is entirely on risk/reward, next best thing since science at the moment is off the table.
    I have no problem ppl vacing themselves to death.but when you issue mandates, you better be following the science. Right now they are not.

Follow the science

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hater: follow the science

also hater: there is no science so do anything at all without thinking

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Illinois Man Turns Down Treatment After Bat Bite,

Dies a Month Later From Rabies

The man woke up to a bat nipping at his neck, and a colony was later discovered in his home.

https://gizmodo.com/illinois-man-tur...ies-1847767191

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

The man woke up to a bat nipping at his neck, and a colony was later discovered in his home.

Saw it on CNN this morning. I don't understand the refusal of the treatment.

YouTube has, or, used to have some harrowing videos of people in the last throes of life with rabies.

The treatment is not like it was years ago with the needles thru the stomachs, but still...you're never quite the same, like a rattlesnake bite survival. You're a bit off the kilter ever more.

They published a great book a decade or so ago "Rabies"...I had a copy, a first edition, but sold it on eBay when I needed the funds. It was fabulous.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    antivax Trump can't understand why a Trump from Waukegan was antivax

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    antivax Trump can't understand why a Trump from Waukegan was antivax
    That's an easy one...

Trump President.
    Not Clinton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's a horrible death, too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ...hey, Doc? Your mother's waitin'.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It could also be the wrong choice. Thus not a scientific decision.

I have no problem ppl vacing themselves to death.but when you issue mandates, you better be following the science. Right now they are not.

Follow the science
    You can't say "follow the science" and "science doesn't have an answer yet" in the same sentence. That's an oxymoron.

Can't follow the science on this one yet. Simply pick for the best outcome of the possibilities at hand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't say "follow the science" and "science doesn't have an answer yet" in the same sentence. That's an oxymoron.
    Sure you can. For example the existence of aliens. Cannot be scientifically proven yet (talking about intelligent life). You a scientist who follows the science would say "we just dont know.either.way yet. So we cannot rule out or vice versa"

Follow the science

Can't follow the science on this one yet. Simply pick for the best outcome of the possibilities at hand.
    Sure.you can. Sayijg something is undecided is absolutely following scientific reasoning thus.following the science.

Follow the science

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure you can. For example the existence of aliens. Cannot be scientifically proven yet (talking about intelligent life). You a scientist who follows the science would say "we just dont know.either.way yet. So we cannot rule out or vice versa"
    No you can't. The science doesn't know, so there's nothing to "follow". That's not a yes or a no. This really isn't that complicated, tbh.

Sure.you can. Sayijg something is undecided is absolutely following scientific reasoning thus.following the science.
    lol no, something being undecided is certainly a valid position in science, but that's exactly the position where you can't "follow", since there's nothing to follow.

You can either wait it out or if you cannot, you make an educated decision. This happens all the time in real life, tbh. Climate change is one such example. There's a few examples of this pandemic as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No you can't. The science doesn't know, so there's nothing to "follow". That's not a yes or a no. This really isn't that complicated, tbh.

lol no, something being undecided is certainly a valid position in science, but that's exactly the position where you can't "follow", since there's nothing to follow.

You can either wait it out or if you cannot, you make an educated decision. This happens all the time in real life, tbh. Climate change is one such example. There's a few examples of this pandemic as well.
    You follow scientific process which means dont assume anything. Thats follow the science dont assume.anything without scientific proof.

Follow the science

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Called it. Slower, and less effective responses on the part of red state governors is going to spread disease faster than otherwise might be the case. Trump making the case for keeping business open and going back to work will make it worse.

The Coronavirus Isn’t Just A Blue State Problem
    Detected cases are higher in blue states, but growing faster in red states.
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...state-problem/

Alabama governor won’t issue shelter-in-place order because ’we are not California.’ By population, it’s worse.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ion-its-worse/

The science denial chickens have come home to roost. Evangelicals gonna get people killed.
    ... and scene.

Called it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NETWORK OF RIGHT-WING HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS IS

MAKING MILLIONS OFF HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE AND IVERMECTIN, HACKED DATA REVEALS

The data also reveals that 72,000 people paid at least $6.7 million

for Covid-19 consultations promoted by America’s Frontline Doctors and vaccine conspiracist
    Simone Gold.

https://theintercept.com/2021/09/28/covid-telehealth-hydroxychloroquine-ivermectin-hacked

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... If you get your pandemic information from Trump you ing deserve to die. Whether you do or dont get it pretty much comes down to personal responsibility and how you act yourself....
    Well said. We can agree on that much at least.

Thread Information