notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    FYI, Mengele died in 1979...
    Yep, Olivier sicked like 3 doberman's owned by one of the Hitler's clone on him in Pennsylvania.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    CP got to handle of them first class tickets to the Resurrection.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Will Hunting does Fergie have any last words for Colin Powell?
    No at least in my opinion. He made one gaffe as Secretary of State but that was due to pressure from others in the Bush Administration. I don’t have any issues with the guy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because when it comes to acquiring natural immunity, there is a risk there. catching covid. which even if it doesnt kill you, a) can have lasting effects, to which we dont even understand the full extent, and b) can cause you to spread it to theres, compromising them the exact same way

as opposed to the relative risk of getting vaccinated, which outside of some specific subsets of people, is negligible

its like telling people to go catch polio so that if they get better they will have a strong natural immunity to it going forward.
    That's a different issue (not surprising coming from you). If a naturally immune person who survived COVID has higher protection than a vaccinated person, why should the naturally immune person also get vaccinated? I'm not saying it wouldn't be a boost, but why would anyone worry about that segment when they are group with the highest protection level? Assuming they are, of course.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The unvaccinated should be more afraid of the vaccinated actually"

Actually, the unvaccinated should be most afraid of their own unvaccinated vulnerability.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's ask CC if he regrets getting vaccinated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a different issue (not surprising coming from you). If a naturally immune person who survived COVID has higher protection than a vaccinated person, why should the naturally immune person also get vaccinated? I'm not saying it wouldn't be a boost, but why would anyone worry about that segment when they are group with the highest protection level? Assuming they are, of course.
    because they are also the group that have available to them a safe means of having even more protection.

i think the goal should be to have everybody as protected as possible within reasonable means

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because they are also the group that have available to them a safe means of having even more protection.

i think the goal should be to have everybody as protected as possible within reasonable means
    Those last 3 words are the fuel for all debates. Though it is reasonable for someone with more protection than a fully vaxxed person to also get vaxxed, why should it be required?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those last 3 words are the fuel for all debates. Though it is reasonable for someone with more protection than a fully vaxxed person to also get vaxxed, why should it be required?
    ok. give me a good argument for why getting the vaccine not within reason? what burden does it place on the person?

its about as interesting as the climate change "debate"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok. give me a good argument for why getting the vaccine not within reason? what burden does it place on the person?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is everyone still pretending there is a vaccine requirement for everyone?

Who here is subject to a COVID vaccine mandate?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's assume two people get vaccinated, one gets Moderna and the other gets J&J. They don't have the same level of protection but they are vaccinated (fully). Should the J&J person have held out for Moderna? Would the difference in protection be greater for that person than the naturally immune person who is contemplating a vaccination?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you didnt provide any argument for why getting the vaccine is not within reason, or what burden it places on the person.

you said this is the fuel for the debate, yet you cant even steelman the argument. doesnt seem like much of a debate tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would Joe Rogan need "even greater" immunity??? His natural immunity is very good enough so he doesnt need anymore "greater immunity"
    There's no way to measure "natural immunity" other than you get the virus, risk dying off it, and then find out.

Or you get a very safe vaccine and substantially reduce that risk of dying or being hospitalized by the virus and still find out.

This is really a non-argument.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh

Pandemic is over.

Ive moved on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no way to measure "natural immunity" other than you get the virus, risk dying off it, and then find out.

Or you get a very safe vaccine and substantially reduce that risk of dying or being hospitalized by the virus and still find out.

This is really a non-argument.
    Less than 1% is really not a risk to many tbqh.

Its probably riskier to own a motorcycle or do rock climbing or sky diving tbqh

Some ppl might prefer the natural immunity to get the benefit of better.protection

Follow da science thang dawg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Less than 1% is really not a risk to many tbqh.

Its probably riskier to own a motorcycle or do rock climbing or sky diving tbqh

Some ppl might prefer the natural immunity to get the benefit of better.protection

Hater following science.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hater would kill 3,000,000 Americans if he was president. One sick er. Worse than shilliry.
    Fake news

Old and sick need vax to fight this

Young. Not as much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And thats possibly 30,000,000 more Americans with lower quality of life. Sick .
    Fake news from upset nancy

Follow da science

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what you already agreed to.
    Apology accepted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh

Pandemic is over.

Ive moved on
    COVID hasn't

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you didnt provide any argument for why getting the vaccine is not within reason, or what burden it places on the person.

you said this is the fuel for the debate, yet you cant even steelman the argument. doesnt seem like much of a debate tbh
    I said it was reasonable. Why would I provide an argument that it's not? Can you not read?

While it's not unreasonable for a COVID survivor to get vaccinated, it's unreasonable to expect them to if they have better protection already than you have as a vaccinated person who hasn't have COVID.

You have a very serious reading comprehension problem. Those last three words are the fuel for all debates, not just this one. Everyone should do Y as long as Y is within reason. Everyone should do what's within reason then? Not really. Just because it's reasonable to get it doesn't mean they should get it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Breaking News: Covid is here to stay. Get your vax or not. Stop worrying about who is vaxxed or not. Go outside and get some air. Or hide in your house. Either way, move on.

Thread Information