My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Delta still has evolutionary pathways to higher transmissibility, "let 'er rip" is a terrible strategy.

The fullest possible degree of vaccination against COVID is a reasonable precaution. If that means more mandates, so be it.
    Kids are fine. No risk at all from covid.

No mass school deaths as you predicted. Thank God you were wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get what you're saying, I was just pointing out what I take exception to.

Some (not you) do indeed advance, incorrectly, that getting infected with COVID is less risky (in terms of death or hospitalization) than getting vaccinated.
    Well that's ing stupid. The statistics clearly show the number of COIVID related deaths based on COVID caseload far exceeds the deaths caused by the vaccine vs total vaccinated.

Or try to conclude that because having the infection might give you better/longer-lasting antibody protection against the virus than a given vaccine, 'natural immunity' is indeed an alternative solution to vaccination. That premise is largely incorrect, as doesn't take into account the risk of hospitalization or death and the pressure that puts on our healthcare system, which can be completely avoided with a free and extremely safe vaccine. This misinformation is what I take issue with.
    In retrospect it could be, but that doesn't make it a viable working solution moving forward for those without COVID immunity. You'd never want to intentionally contract a virus like that and certainly you couldn't suggest that. Could you imagine the CDC saying "we suggest you get COVID and see what happens"?
    This is basic risk management. Again, this assumes the individual has an above room temperature IQ and that the ultimate goal is to have the best odds of survival. That assumption might not always hold though.
    I think Joe Rogan is average IQ at best. He uses a lot of hyperbole to get a point across and I don't think he would suggest someone get COVID and be honest about it. Maybe he thinks it worked well for him, but then there's the group who thinks throwing a child into the water and they'll learn to swim on their own is a good idea. Hey those that learn will be strong swimmers. It's how nature does it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already ripped, tbh
    Shredded like a julienne salad man...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kids are fine. No risk at all from covid.

No mass school deaths as you predicted. Thank God you were wrong
    That's simply false, there was a terrible e in infections and deaths From July-Sept. 1000+ schools closed. Flu and cold season is ahead of us, not behind us.

Given widespread, uncontrolled community transmission, COVID still presents a significant danger to all age groups in the USA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    let 'er rip crew

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's simply false, there was a terrible e in infections and deaths From July-Sept. 1000+ schools closed. Flu and cold season is ahead of us, not behind us.

Given widespread, uncontrolled community transmission, COVID still presents a significant danger to all age groups in the USA.
    They closed for a few days and opened right back up

Kids are back to school and learning, playing and socializing

Thank God you were wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wineholes crew:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aside: my grandkid just got COVID from a teacher who decided to ditch his mask when Austin hit stage 3. He's fine so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID was the second leading cause of death overall in the US last month, number one for people age 35-54.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 10-19-2021 at 09:26 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aside: my grandkid just got COVID from a teacher who decided to ditch his mask when Austin hit stage 3. He's fine so far.
    Hope your grandkid does well with this WH.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope your grandkid does well with this WH.
    thanks, DMC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idaho, Montana and Alaska declared crisis standards of care -- healthcare rationing -- last month.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. It is science ma nig. Read up and learn:

US researchers say teenagers are more likely to get vaccine-related myocarditis than end up in hospital with Covid

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...suggests-study

Follow da science
    That's not what you claimed though, you claimed:

As its more dangerous to them than the virus itself

that's not supported by science, nor by the article you linked and probably didn't read either. ie:

The overwhelming majority of myocarditis appears after the second dose of vaccine, so offering single shots could protect children while reducing their risk of the side effect even further.

Stop making up, and follow the science

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Teacher not vaxxed?

My son's school on second week of optional mask policy. So far, so good.
    Last edited by DarrinS; 10-19-2021 at 09:59 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not what you claimed though, you claimed:

As its more dangerous to them than the virus itself

that's not supported by science, nor by the article you linked and probably didn't read either. ie:

The overwhelming majority of myocarditis appears after the second dose of vaccine, so offering single shots could protect children while reducing their risk of the side effect even further.

Stop making up, and follow the science
    "Lets offer single shots since it appears the 2nd shot hurts the kids"

Yeah thats absolutely NOT following the science

My statement is 100% correct: the pfizer vax is more dangerous to teens and children than the virus itself.

Follow da science

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well that's ing stupid. The statistics clearly show the number of COIVID related deaths based on COVID caseload far exceeds the deaths caused by the vaccine vs total vaccinated.

In retrospect it could be, but that doesn't make it a viable working solution moving forward for those without COVID immunity. You'd never want to intentionally contract a virus like that and certainly you couldn't suggest that. Could you imagine the CDC saying "we suggest you get COVID and see what happens"?
    It's indeed inane. I don't know if it's a social experiment on how many idiots you can find to spread stupidity or what, but it apparently works to some extent, even when their life could be on the line.

I mean, we do know that sort of brainwash works from some theocratic societies, but at least there the promise is to get fresh pussy when you die. You don't even get a Darwin award here.

I think Joe Rogan is average IQ at best. He uses a lot of hyperbole to get a point across and I don't think he would suggest someone get COVID and be honest about it. Maybe he thinks it worked well for him, but then there's the group who thinks throwing a child into the water and they'll learn to swim on their own is a good idea. Hey those that learn will be strong swimmers. It's how nature does it.
    I never heard/watched a single show of Joe Rogan, I frankly have no idea what he's about. I do know he has a radio show of sorts? So did Limbaugh, Alex Jones and Howard Stern. I don't know I want to get healthcare advice from any of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Lets offer single shots since it appears the 2nd shot hurts the kids"

now you're arguing with the article you shared yourself?

so which is it, do we take that article seriously or not?

make up your mind, tbh

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you made a claim unsupported by science. Please stop making stuff up and follow your own advice
    It will take more than pleading.

This is the same guy that crocodile cries over the deaths of innocent civilians via US drone.
    Then applauds the deaths of innocent Syrian families gassed by Assad.
    Then claims everyone will die so what does it matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teacher not vaxxed?

My son's school on second week of optional mask policy. So far, so good.
    Why brag if he's got nothing to worry about and there's nothing to be done about it even if you did?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teacher not vaxxed?

My son's school on second week of optional mask policy. Sob far, so good.
    Teachers are not immune from stupid.

And I hope this trend continues after Thanksgiving and then after Winter break.
    We need the kids in school in a bad way. This is a very stupid way to experiment imo.
    We need case loads to stay low, thats what we need so its ridiculous not to mask to make it happen.
    This masking stuff is clearly not fun, especially for teachers. And it may become a thing of choice everywhere (I will continue to wear a mask in airports and on airplanes as I personally have experienced zero head colds or other transmissible by air since this mask stuff started)
    But for gods sake cant we make it a choice everywhere (except the obvious; hospitals etc) by not attempting to test the caseload influx.

I also think masks are here to stay by choice for some people and places. I still see people wearing them outside and walking. I guess it has helped them with allergies. Or they dont get transmission probabilities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why brag if he's got nothing to worry about and there's nothing to be done about it even if you did?
    Who's bragging?

You never answered if the teacher was vaxxed.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just said there are no mandates at all

. Chump
    Which country had the mandate?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's bragging?

You never answered if the teacher was vaxxed.
    I don't know, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are teachers who refuse just like health care workers and just like some physicians.
    I have discovered that having a job that implies you understand our situation with this virus does not mean the so called "experts" believe it.
    The nurse that thought she was magnetic, I think she had one of the nursing labels that required her to have a degree that involved science classes.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Teachers are not immune from stupid.

And I hope this trend continues after Thanksgiving and then after Winter break.
    We need the kids in school in a bad way. This is a very stupid way to experiment imo.
    We need case loads to stay low, thats what we need so its ridiculous not to mask to make it happen.
    This masking stuff is clearly not fun, especially for teachers. And it may become a thing of choice everywhere (I will continue to wear a mask in airports and on airplanes as I personally have experienced zero head colds or other transmissible by air since this mask stuff started)
    But for gods sake cant we make it a choice everywhere (except the obvious; hospitals etc) by not attempting to test the caseload influx.

I also think masks are here to stay by choice for some people and places. I still see people wearing them outside and walking. I guess it has helped them with allergies. Or they dont get transmission probabilities.

Thread Information