My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darrin there were no lab animals in Wuhan.
    There was a market with a bunch of different types of animals.
    The lab in Wuhan grew virus in cell cultures.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darrin what do people do to make virus reproduce so they can have enough of a quan y to study in the lab?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darrin what do people do to make virus reproduce so they can have enough of a quan y to study in the lab?
    You claimed that WHO tested Wuhan lab animals AND that no Wuhan lab animals exist.

Nice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You claimed that WHO tested Wuhan lab animals AND that no Wuhan lab animals exist.

Nice
    Not mutually exclusive. Labs can test animals in the wild using research teams, that doesn't technically make them lab animals as those are typically kept in controlled environments and monitored.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    the vaccine reduces your likelihood of catching covid (thereby preventing you from spreading it), and keeps the viral load low in the event that you DO catch it, such that you wont be able to spread it for nearly as long

so yes it has that net effect

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We knew this.

Follow da science thang

Called it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn chinese have had enough

Obliterating our american media

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn chinese have had enough

Obliterating our american media

Something was lost in the translation there, either by you or the Chinese.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something was lost in the translation there, either by you or the Chinese.
    Not at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    from the paper the article cites to:

Interpretation

Vaccination reduces the risk of delta variant infection and accelerates viral clearance. Nonetheless, fully vaccinated individuals with breakthrough infections have peak viral load similar to unvaccinated cases and can efficiently transmit infection in household settings, including to fully vaccinated contacts. Host–virus interactions early in infection may shape the entire viral trajectory.

so i was wrong about peak viral load for breakthrough cases when it comes to delta (the paper confirms that it reduced peak viral load for the alpha strain). but i was correct that:

1) vaccinated individuals dont spread it for nearly as long, since their viral clearance is accelerated
    2) being vaccinated reduces the risk of infection to begin with

the paper also demonstrated that vaccinated household members were less likely to catch covid than unvaccinated household members

so again, yes, it has the net effect of reducing transmissions .

should follow the science.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “The ongoing transmission we are seeing between vaccinated people makes it essential for unvaccinated people to get vaccinated to protect themselves.”

murked by your own article

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    from the paper the article cites to:

Interpretation

Vaccination reduces the risk of delta variant infection and accelerates viral clearance. Nonetheless, fully vaccinated individuals with breakthrough infections have peak viral load similar to unvaccinated cases and can efficiently transmit infection in household settings, including to fully vaccinated contacts. Host–virus interactions early in infection may shape the entire viral trajectory.

so i was wrong about peak viral load for breakthrough cases when it comes to delta (the paper confirms that it reduced peak viral load for the alpha strain). but i was correct that:

1) vaccinated individuals dont spread it for nearly as long, since their viral clearance is accelerated
    2) being vaccinated reduces the risk of infection to begin with

the paper also demonstrated that vaccinated household members were less likely to catch covid than unvaccinated household members

so again, yes, it has the net effect of reducing transmissions .

should follow the science.
    Posted strictly for your viral load claim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “The ongoing transmission we are seeing between vaccinated people makes it essential for unvaccinated people to get vaccinated to protect themselves.”

murked by your own article
    You totally missed the point he was making

Not surprising

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You totally missed the point he was making

Not surprising
    What point was he making?

What point are you making?

Vaccines bad.

Even though you're both vaccinated.

Not surprising.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What point was he making?

What point are you making?

Vaccines bad.

Even though you're both vaccinated.

Not surprising.
    Nope

Missed again

Try harder he gave you a hint 2 post above

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope

Missed again

Try harder he gave you a hint 2 post above
    He can't even post under his main screen name anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can't even post under his main screen name anymore.
    whataboutism.org

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whataboutism.org
    If he and you want to move the goalpost to only viral load for infected people, fine.

Just say you're doing that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Posted strictly for your viral load claim.
    oh, ok

glad my general point that it reduces transmissions (which is what i was arguing with hater about, as he outright said "the vaccine does not prevent spread. stop spreading fake news") was correct

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nice
    We already went over this.
    They took samples from the animals in caves and took some back to dissect to look take samples from diff body parts (its not clear where this was done actually). The lab that studied these viruses do not raise animals to study. The lab in question specifically used cell cultures to raise enough viruses to get enough RNA to classify them, thats what the lab was involved in... The evolutionary tree of these viruses. This lab became of interest only when the pandemic hit, and rightly so, because they realized along with US help that this virus was in the "coronavirus family." The particular lab of interest was run by a lady that informed us of her worries THAT the wild bats she sampled and the viruses they were growing in the lab had any role in the first outbreak of the virus. She told us, THEY told us because we had a close relationship. There was nothing going on with use of function studies or the chinese attempting to produce a virus in this lab to infect the world. They freely talked to us before the relationship got really bad between the US and China. Good luck getting her to speak now.

Read: This is history behind the Chinese bat studies. Free and open to the public BEFORE China shut us out.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-coronavirus1/

Shi, a virologist who is often called China’s “bat woman” by her colleagues because of her virus-hunting expeditions in bat caves over the past 16 years, walked out of the conference she was attending in Shanghai and hopped on the next train back to Wuhan. “I wondered if [the municipal health authority] got it wrong,” she says. “I had never expected this kind of thing to happen in Wuhan, in central China.” Her studies had shown that the southern, subtropical provinces of Guangdong, Guangxi and Yunnan have the greatest risk of coronaviruses jumping to humans from animals—particularly bats, a known reservoir. If coronaviruses were the culprit, she remembers thinking, “Could they have come from our lab?"

further on:

On the train back to Wuhan on December 30 last year, Shi and her colleagues discussed ways to immediately start testing the patients’ samples. In the following weeks—the most intense and the most stressful time of her life—China’s bat woman felt she was fighting a battle in her worst nightmare, even though it was one she had been preparing for over the past 16 years. Using a technique called polymerase chain reaction, which can detect a virus by amplifying its genetic material, the team found that samples from five of seven patients had genetic sequences present in all coronaviruses.

Shi instructed her group to repeat the tests and, at the same time, sent the samples to another facility to sequence the full viral genomes. Meanwhile she frantically went through her own lab’s records from the past few years to check for any mishandling of experimental materials, especially during disposal. Shi breathed a sigh of relief when the results came back: none of the sequences matched those of the viruses her team had sampled from bat caves. “That really took a load off my mind,” she says. “I had not slept a wink for days.”

and her opinion:

“Bat-borne coronaviruses will cause more outbreaks,” Shi says with a tone of brooding certainty. “We must find them before they find us.” 

There is still much more we need from the Chinese. They shut us out.
    Last edited by pgardn; 10-29-2021 at 11:54 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh, ok

glad my general point that it reduces transmissions (which is what i was arguing with hater about, as he outright said "the vaccine does not prevent spread. stop spreading fake news") was correct
    "The vaccine does not prevent spread"

Thats a FACT. you cannot dispute that statement ma nig

Follow d science

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he and you want to move the goalpost to only viral load for infected people, fine.

Just say you're doing that.
    Apology accepted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The vaccine does not prevent spread"

Thats a FACT. you cannot dispute that statement ma nig

Follow d science
    debunked by cuck ross's article (and the study it refers to)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    debunked by cuck ross's article (and the study it refers to)
    No

The word you might be look8ng for is "reduces" not "prevents"

Follow da science

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No

The word you might be look8ng for is "reduces" not "prevents"

Follow da science
    Apology accepted.

Thread Information