Page 131 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 31811211271281291301311321331341351411812316311131 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 40782
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Corrupt Trash repeating is life-long corrupt ways

Trump offered German firm ‘large sum’ for exclusive coronavirus vaccine — to make sure it would be available for profit

German lawmakers and government officials voiced outrage at
    reporting Sunday that the

Trump administration is seeking to secure exclusive rights to a potential coronavirus vaccine

being developed by the German firm CureVac

the Trump administration offered CureVac $1 billion to hand the U.S. exclusive rights to a potential COVID-19 vaccine.

"This is depraved.

The German government confirms that Trump apparently

tried to bribe German scientists into giving him exclusive rights to the Covid-19 vaccine

they were working on developing.

He wanted it “for the US only.”

How many new lows will he set for the United States? "

https://t.co/Qm7vFoArQT

— Brian Klaas (@brianklaas) March 15, 2020

"The original story in Die Welt said Trump wanted not only to control any new vaccine but also

to make sure that it would only be available on a for-profit basis."

https://t.co/1oKnnHphLx

— Joshua Holland (@JoshuaHol) March 15, 2020

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/trump-offered-german-firm-large-sum-for-exclusive-coronavirus-vaccine-to-make-sure-it-would-be-available-for-profit-report/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Geraldo Rivera, of Fox ing So-Called News, has a test for covid-19

if you can hold your breath for 10 seconds,

then you don't have covid-19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_066dEkycr4&t=0s

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Geraldo Rivera, of Fox ing So-Called News, has a test for covid-19

if you can hold your breath for 10 seconds,

then you don't have covid-19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_066dEkycr4&t=0s
    I actually saw that discussion, Oliver as usual is taking out of context. Geraldo was talking about severe respiratory pneumonia and it is good advice on how to tell if you need urgent medical care. So yeah boutons, if you can't hold your breath for 10 seconds then consider immediately going to one of those evils doctors you hate so much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

is basically the same as...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand this hoarding mentality of people...is it fear? does stocking piling toilet paper make you feel like you have some sense of control? I went to the store today just to do my regular grocery shopping and it was like "Black Friday."
    Why shouldn't there be fear? You're in healthcare right? Tell us how prepared our healthcare system is for this disaster. Look at the logarithmic graphs of the death counts for Italy and the US and how similar the slope is and tell me why we're going to be different.

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...country/italy/

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I called this weeks ago

exactly this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

was disgusting on the local news last night when the catholics in town had shut down their churches but then they go ask baptist ministers and they go full Iran on the need for churches to still be open.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    new youtube challenge. the coronavirus challenge

beat it with no meds....

calling it now... call me nostradamus when it happens

posted that weeks ago

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    was disgusting on the local news last night when the catholics in town had shut down their churches but then they go ask baptist ministers and they go full Iran on the need for churches to still be open.
    Sounds good to me. Anything that can accelerate Darwinism and wipe out some bible thumpers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds good to me. Anything that can accelerate Darwinism and wipe out some bible thumpers.
    I have to live around these ers, we're not islands man. Their irresponsibility affects all of us.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I have to live around these ers, we're not islands man. Their irresponsibility affects all of us.
    Fair but I’m not really worried if I get it. Coronavirus has a much higher chance of killing morbidly obese southern baptist boomers than it does me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While some are re-considering their 2016 vote, it sounds like the mass of evangelicals will vote for Trash again, for Trash, as their proxy, to punish, hurt women, LGBT, Muslims, foreigners, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hate to say it, but the jackasses that aren't taking this seriously and who are older, watching Fox News... will not be voting this November.

At least now when I see some old with a MAGA hat on, I know who to cough on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7 min ago
    Vice President Pence says more than 2,000 labs will have high-speed testing capability by Monday
    From CNN's Nicky Robertson and Jason Hoffman
    Vice President Mike Pence speaks to the media during a press briefing at the White House on March 15.
    Vice President Mike Pence speaks to the media during a press briefing at the White House on March 15. Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images
    During a White House briefing Sunday, Vice President Mike Pence announced that “more than 2,000 labs” will have high-speed testing capacity by Monday.

Since the declaration of a national state of emergency, Pence said federal public health services have worked with the Federal Emergency Management Agency and "have reached out to all 50 states to create a process that will enable all Americans who need to be tested to go to a community-based testing site outside of usual health care facilities."

Pence noted these tests will be focused on those "most in need."

Adm. Brett Giroir with the US Public Health Service outlined how new coronavirus testing will be rolled out. He said there would be 1.9 million tests available this week across the 2,000 labs. Giroir also emphasized that the priority would be placed on those most vulnerable.

Giroir added that there wouldn’t be undue stress put on the acute health care system, meaning emergency rooms or urgent care
    If they had used the WHO's test, and Trump hadn't fired the pandemic team at the White house, we would have had this capacity in January, you stupid .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually saw that discussion, Oliver as usual is taking out of context. Geraldo was talking about severe respiratory pneumonia and it is good advice on how to tell if you need urgent medical care. So yeah boutons, if you can't hold your breath for 10 seconds then consider immediately going to one of those evils doctors you hate so much.
    1.9 million ICU admissions over two months.

320K free beds.

Assume hospitalization requirement is one week for urgent care.

1.9M people divided by eight weeks, implies a need of roughly 237,000 hospital beds. IF that 1.9M were infected at an even pace. IF "hospital bed" = 100% respirator and specialized care fore every hospital bed.

Neither of those "ifs" represent reality. The need for ventilator support will be one in five, per the graph. Not sure what the ratio of beds to support is right now, but my recent visit to the hospital last week didn't note that much equipment in the rooms. Probably some in storage, but that means at the peak, we will be facing the same problems as Italy, i.e. shortage of equipment.

Given bell shaped curves, let's assume that about 1/3 of the infections will occur simultaneously at the peak. 32,000,000 * .05 = Peak need around 1,600,000, or five times capacity.

Cases requiring ventilatory support is one percent, or 320,000. Assume that ratio of ventilators to beds is roughly 1:5. of these 320,000, there will only be 62,000 ventilators.

Assume lack of ventilator is 50% fatal. My gut says this figure is too low, but for the sake of walkthrough.

320000-62000= 256000 * .5 = 125000 extra deaths from shortage of equipment.

Given the recent superspreading event, going to guess the peak is going to be a bit taller.

The delays in testing, and delays in implementing measures due to the delays in testing will cause that peak to be higher than it would have been otherwise as virus spreads undetected.

Trump's incompetence can argued to cause at hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My brother works at a busy restaurant in town and says that his kitchen manager straight up told him that they're ignoring guidelines they were given to space tables apart and not accept large parties because they have a March sales goal to meet.

Profits over lives in America. Nothing's changing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That makes it really really hard to have any emphathy. When their pews thin out and the donations to support their private jets and Audi's don't roll in... maybe then they will care. Even then, I doubt it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why shouldn't there be fear? You're in healthcare right? Tell us how prepared our healthcare system is for this disaster. Look at the logarithmic graphs of the death counts for Italy and the US and how similar the slope is and tell me why we're going to be different.

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...country/italy/

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us
    See #3267

We are not ready. Italian health ministry is already saying that they believe their system will hit its limits and they are publishing guidelines that say "don't bother treating anyone over 80".
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 03-16-2020 at 09:29 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hate to say it, but the jackasses that aren't taking this seriously and who are older, watching Fox News... will not be voting this November.

At least now when I see some old with a MAGA hat on, I know who to cough on.
    Well if you're coughing you're probably ed already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cyberattack on HHS meant to slow coronavirus response, sources say

The Department of Health and Human Services experienced some form of cyberattack attack Sunday night related to its coronavirus response, administration sources confirmed to ABC News Monday.

The attempt was to slow down operations, sources said.

The nature and origin of the attack is still under investigation.

The attack was first reported by Bloomberg.

“As federal state and local governments focus on handling the current public health crisis, national security officials are also tracking other threats — in particular those posed by terrorist or extremist groups and foreign adversaries who may seek to take advantage of all of the attention being focused on the coronavirus and conduct an attack,” said John Cohen, a former acting Undersecretary of the Department of Homeland Security and contributor to ABC News.

This is a developing Story. Please check back for updates.

https://www.wtnh.com/news/national/c...e-sources-say/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well if you're coughing you're probably ed already.
    Not in the age range at risk. That is the point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My brother works at a busy restaurant in town and says that his kitchen manager straight up told him that they're ignoring guidelines they were given to space tables apart and not accept large parties because they have a March sales goal to meet.

It will change. When nana keels over, and that restaurant is identified on social media as putting profits over people... it's ing gone.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cyberattack on HHS meant to slow coronavirus response, sources say

The Department of Health and Human Services experienced some form of cyberattack attack Sunday night related to its coronavirus response, administration sources confirmed to ABC News Monday.

The attempt was to slow down operations, sources said.

The nature and origin of the attack is still under investigation.

The attack was first reported by Bloomberg.

“As federal state and local governments focus on handling the current public health crisis, national security officials are also tracking other threats — in particular those posed by terrorist or extremist groups and foreign adversaries who may seek to take advantage of all of the attention being focused on the coronavirus and conduct an attack,” said John Cohen, a former acting Undersecretary of the Department of Homeland Security and contributor to ABC News.

This is a developing Story. Please check back for updates.

https://www.wtnh.com/news/national/c...e-sources-say/

would not surprise me if trump fires the guy who reported the cyberattack

russian orders for their asset!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

For the short term, sure.

Pretty soon they'll have to figure out how to get by without diners and workers.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I posted during impeachment - that the GOP had an opportunity -

based on the evidence convincingly proving trumps guilt-

to remove trump from office now- to avoid any chance of trump hurting the country even more and possibly costing thousands or hundreds of thousand lives.

Of course- they failed to perform their duty and now this criminal has endangered scores of american lives with his incompetence and his evil actions.

THe GOP kept its ignorant cult happy- but screwed the other 67% of the country by allowing this criminal to get away with crimes.

History will show that americans died needlessly and will show that the person most responsible was trump and the people who aided and abetted him was the GOP.

Thread Information