My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like squid games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You seem to not know a lot ma nig

Maybe best answer to vaccines effectiveness with transmission is "we just dont know"

Cheers
    I'm just honest. That I personally don't know doesn't mean science does not. I just don't read every paper out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just honest. That I personally don't know doesn't mean science does not. I just don't read every paper out there.
    Who told you the science knows the definitive on vaccinated covid transmission???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We know there's an asymptomatic incubation period for the virus that takes almost a week. The viral load during that period goes from very low to very high.

I don't know for sure, but I suspect that in the case of vaccinated people your immune system knows (thanks to the vaccine) that this is a bad actor and fights it right away, whereas the immune system on unvaccinated people might not kick in until the viral load is high.

I also don't know how precise PCR tests and the like are in detecting small viral loads. When we actually end up detecting an infection (which officially means you 'acquired' COVID), might not be when the infection actually started.

As far as the vaccine, at least in the Pfizer and Moderna cases, there's no actual virus in them, so you couldn't detect the virus due to vaccination.
    I am not sure you addressed my comments.

If what you're saying is true, then vaccinated people can be infected at the same rate as the unvaccinated. The CDC says otherwise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get how "science" became an en y instead of a field and method of learning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who told you the science knows the definitive on vaccinated covid transmission???
    Didn't make that claim. What I said is science has both much larger and more granular information about virus transmissions in general and covid in particular, and unlike you, I won't pretend to speak for the entire body of work in that area.

I don't get how "science" became an en y instead of a field and method of learning.
    It's a method of research as well, which produces copious amount of information. When somebody says "science says", they're referring to that information, not science as a person or en y.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well yeah, you're a lot slower than you think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't make that claim. What I said is science has both much larger and more granular information about virus transmissions in general and covid in particular, and unlike you, I won't pretend to speak for the entire body of work in that area.

It's a method of research as well, which produces copious amount of information. When somebody says "science says", they're referring to that information, not science as a person or en y.
    So we dont know.

Thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not sure you addressed my comments.

If what you're saying is true, then vaccinated people can be infected at the same rate as the unvaccinated. The CDC says otherwise.
    The CDC says the same or otherwise depending on what they mean by 'acquire', which is not totally clear to me, thus why I singled it out.

Does 'acquire' mean when the virus entered the body (are tests that accurate to detect that?) or when your average test came back positive?

These are the kind of small details that make a big difference in statements like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we dont know.

Thanks
    Apology accepted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apology accepted?
    Sure. I accept your apology.

Cheers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure. I accept your apology.

Cheers
    hater folds

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretty please. Accept my apology. You were correct. We dont know the definitive on vaccinated covid transmission
    Ok.

Accepted. Apology accepted.

Cheers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lulz, looks like I hit a nerve. Post editing and ...

You do you, hater

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks for accepting my apology. I was wrong we dont know the efficacy of vaccines vs transmission.
    np ma nig

Cheers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I changed hater's post, cool beans
    You're welcome

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big of you El, no one knows everything (except RG).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The CDC says the same or otherwise depending on what they mean by 'acquire', which is not totally clear to me, thus why I singled it out.

Does 'acquire' mean when the virus entered the body (are tests that accurate to detect that?) or when your average test came back positive?

These are the kind of small details that make a big difference in statements like that.
    The only way the CDC can know someone has acquired the virus is if that person tests positive. If you're saying people have the virus but aren't testing positive, I'd have to ask how you have that information.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FAQ: COVID-19 Data and Surveillance
    Frequently Asked Questions

Updated July 23, 2021

What is a COVID-19 case, including a “probable case”? How is reporting of probable cases handled by jurisdictions?

A COVID-19 case is an individual who has been determined to have COVID-19 using a set of criteria known as a case definition. Cases can be classified as suspect, probable, or confirmed. CDC counts include probable and confirmed cases and deaths. Suspect cases and deaths are excluded.

The case classifications for COVID-19 are described in an updated interim COVID-19 position statement and case definition issued by the Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists. A probable case or death is defined as any one of the following:

-Meets clinical criteria AND epidemiologic linkage with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for SARS-CoV-2

-Meets presumptive laboratory evidence

-Meets vital records criteria with no confirmatory laboratory evidence for SARS-CoV-2

Any cases and deaths classified as probable are included in CDC case counts. The same applies to any cases and deaths classified as confirmed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure asymptomatic positive cases meet none of those criteria.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has stopped reporting mild and asymptomatic COVID-19 "breakthrough" cases amongst vaccinated people, leading many to ask why.

On May 1, the CDC announced it would transition "from monitoring all reported vaccine breakthrough cases to focus on identifying and investigating only hospitalized or fatal cases due to any cause."

"This shift will help maximize the quality of the data collected on cases of greatest clinical and public health importance," the CDC wrote.

Put another way, the CDC decided to focus on only the most severe cases. This focus, they imply, will provide health researchers and officials with important information about the populations hit hardest by the ongoing pandemic.

On July 27, CDC director Roc e Walensky defended her agency against criticism that it was no longer providing enough public information about breakthrough infections. She said the CDC would continually release data from "cohort studies" on "tens of the thousands" of people who have been infected after being vaccinated.

why-did-cdc-stop-counting-mild-asymptomatic-breakthrough-covid-cases

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way the CDC can know someone has acquired the virus is if that person tests positive. If you're saying people have the virus but aren't testing positive, I'd have to ask how you have that information.
    There are some studies and cases about it, some of them linked in this article, for example:
    https://khn.org/news/article/they-te...ovid-symptoms/

But, I mean, besides the quality of tests differing due to manufacturing, etc, it would be good to know how precise even the best PCR test is, the best Antibody test is, etc.

Obviously, by the time you tested positive, the virus is already in your body, but the question is how long has it been there? Hours, days? And how much of the virus do you really need to have in order to trigger a positive result?

I don't have answers to these questions, and frankly I haven't found much info out there either. I could definitely be wrong and the tests might be able to detect even very minuscule amounts of the virus. I just haven't seen a definitive answer to that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting developments.

Europe about to go in some lockdowns and Austria about to implement lockdown on Unvaxed. Meaning virtual house arrest on ALL unvaccinated population.

Denmark does a 180 and now implememts Covid passports.

And Russia bends the knee. They go from one of the most liberal Covid law countries to the most strict.

Some smokescreens for something big IMO

Something big is gonna happen in next months...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shuts getting real

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information