My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some people have loved ones who are vulnerable for whatever reason, I guess they don't count for you.
    Theys shud get vaccinated and boosted. Then will be fine

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure what this means, but no healthy person fears covid.
    It means that you know your immune system was able to take on the virus with only slight symptoms.
    So you assume a person who PROBABLY has a healthy functional immune system will recognize this virus quickly after being infected, and not undergo a bad response.
    You are also assuming that a person with a healthy immune system does not get a large viral load all at once. Because this could be critical. And this virus definitely can put out very large loads in some people.

I consider myself in very good shape. Hardly ever get sick from viruses (just minor head colds I think, and zero colds since the mask wearing and vaccinations started which is a lesson in itself for me. I will wear a mask in every airport and plane I am on from now on as this correlated with getting a head cold for me) I am still staying away from situations that from our models of how this virus is transmitted, would leave me vulnerable.

eg. There is no fkn way I am getting in a car or bus and driving for hours with people who might be ill. No fkn way. If you do, good luck. My cousin already had a work crew who drove back and forth from work every day with each other. 1 guy got it, they all got it and my cousin lost 4 young workers (20s) for about a week and a half. CC might be acquainted with this. Its not healthy for the people or business.

To me, this is just common sense based on what we now know about the virus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID jamming up Minnesota hospitals so badly that non-COVID patients can't get care and big hospitals can't take transfers from rural areas.

The Minnesota Department of Health reports more than three quarters of the state’s ICU beds are full, and 52 hospitals can’t take any more patients at all.

Dr. Dan Hoody is chief medical officer of Hennepin Healthcare, the state’s biggest provider. He tells WCCO they can’t even take patients from smaller hospitals anymore.

“Because we have so many patients in our hospital emergency department waiting to get in the hospital, we have lost the ability and the bed capacity to safely accept many transfers from throughout the region,” Dr. Hoody said. “This is commonly us having to decline five to 50 transfers a day.”

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Absolutely.
    And dont you play games when a virus of natural origin IS STUDIED in a lab.
    Because the lady who found all these various viruses in bats studied many of them, thats all she did. Bats and viruses.
    There is no change of function virus that got out of a lab. This is what you are saying. I absolutely dont believe this. The RNA sequences say no way currently.
    And also realize bats may just be one animal in a line of them. This has happened so many times before with various flu and other corona viruses. Birds, pigs,...

Bet on.
    You are already playing games and changed the terms of the bet

I said lab leak and you leave the board. I didn’t say gain of function lab leak and you leave the board.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    COVID jamming up Minnesota hospitals so badly that non-COVID patients can't get care and big hospitals can't take transfers from rural areas.
    Staffing shortages due to vaccine mandate and burnout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Staffing shortages due to vaccine mandate and burnout.
    totally agree, anti-vax propaganda and burnout have contributed to deteriorating healthcare in the US too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kinda like parking tickets huh?
    Not really, no. There's zero chance of dying off of parking tickets. There's non-zero chance of dying of COVID.

That doesn't mean you fear it, it means smart people would A) rather not get it, B) substantially increase their odds of survival with a simple shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really, no. There's zero chance of dying off of parking tickets. There's non-zero chance of dying of COVID.

That doesn't mean you fear it, it means smart people would A) rather not get it, B) substantially increase their odds of survival with a simple shot.
    And smart ppl would not go sky diving, bungee jumping or motorcycle riding huh?

Thats a falsehood. Plenty smart ppl ride motorcycles, bungee and sky dive. And maybe some of them would rather get.raw covid.

Cheers

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thats a falsehood. Plenty smart ppl ride motorcycles, bungee and sky dive. And maybe some of them would rather get.raw covid.

Cheers
    Motorcyclists wear safety gear and follow traffic laws.

Bungee jumpers use bungee cords.

Skydivers use parachutes.

Cheers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AM radio hosts triggered by network morning shows

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Cheers
    Every smart people I know that does those things wear protection to improve their odds of survival when something goes bad.

Just like vaccines, and nothing like parking tickets

EDIT: Chump beat me to it.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are already playing games and changed the terms of the bet

I said lab leak and you leave the board. I didn’t say gain of function lab leak and you leave the board.
    Plenty of labs work with the viruses in China, the US and elsewhere. I completely dont trust you. so:

Dont you dare say it could have been a lab, after we have evidence it is a virus that is the progenitor of the different strains of Covid viruses we have now that cause the disease. This virus has mutated to new forms and plenty of labs work with them, growing them in cell culture in order to study them. Dont you dare fall back on 100s of labs work with the Corona virus . I have seen how disingenuous you can be.

Drop the change of function stuff then. "Its" still not gonna be leaked from a lab. It will have an animal origin just like so many of the viruses before. So you realize you will have the 1st virus leaked from a lab that has caused a world wide disease, only this is the biggest killer of all? Good.

Bet on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most likely it was a lab leak.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says the guy who thought pandemic most likely over in May 2020

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says the guy who thought pandemic most likely over in May 2020
    Wow. You guys keep changing the dates. Link?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't remember the days of out of fuel during the Balous Miller Recovery?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better stock up on your incandescent bulbs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've declared the pandemic over so many times it's hard to keep track. Pretty sure you did during the summer of 2020.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon dropped the ball by staking everything on vaccines.

The following is excerpted from a long paper analyzing the election last year that's interesting in its own right.

[E]very passing day suggests that the administration is failing to keep up with COVID’s mutations. Though it is spending a lot of money, when it assumed power, it failed to prioritize cheap, accessible tests open to anyone who needs them, left too much basic data gathering to scholars or the media, and made at best half-hearted pushes in favor of improved ventilation, air filters, and other obvious steps that would minimize indoor COVID problems, especially in schools. It also did essentially nothing to put reliable face masks in the hands of the population and failed even to set standards for advertising and sales of facemasks, leaving a vast market to charlatans. It still has no program in place for large scale random testing that can swiftly identify new variants and it has failed to create an effective national set of statistics with public dashboards anyone can access. Essentially it has staked everything on vaccines that will need regular, costly updates in a country with no national healthcare system. It is obvious that the administration’s hopes for an end to the COVID nightmare are premature.
    https://www.ineteconomics.org/upload...e-Election.pdf
    Last edited by Winehole23; 11-25-2021 at 03:39 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two dose vaccination plus boosters, plus the various EUA theraputic pills and 2nd generation vaccines could change the game, if people are willing to take them.

For the first time since all this started, I'm modestly hopeful the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a locomotive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every smart people I know that does those things wear protection to improve their odds of survival when something goes bad.

Just like vaccines, and nothing like parking tickets

EDIT: Chump beat me to it.
    Anecdotal lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many skydivers you know jump without parachutes?

Thread Information