Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And by Easter he said
    You think he will get us to the 1M bodies mark by Easter?

It's going to be an important Biden milestone

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Sure, Cuck.

Keep fretting over a vaccine that will only be used in emergency when people can't get the others.
    This narrowly passed FDA advisory committee 13-10. I’ve been linking opinions of people far more knowledgeable than you or I, including a member of the FDA committee who voted no. You just refuse to read them and stay ignorant to the dangers this pill could pose.

Here’s another interesting Twitter thread from someone more knowledgeable than you on the subject that you’ll refuse to read.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think he will get us to the 1M bodies mark by Easter?

It's going to be an important Biden milestone
    Unlikely we haven't crossed that number months ago.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Merck submitted an EUA application to the FDA on 11 October, and the FDA's Antimicrobial Drugs Advisory Committee (AMDAC) at the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research met to discuss the EUA application on 30 November.[25][26] The committee narrowly voted, (13 for and 10 opposed), to recommend authorization for adults with mild to moderate illness who are at high risk of developing severe COVID-19.[27] Concerns were expressed over the low effectiveness of the drug in preventing death, which in the final trial was only 30%, as well as the increased mutation rate caused by the drug, which could theoretically worsen the global pandemic by driving the evolution of more dangerous variants.

A number of people have also expressed concerns over potential side effects that may not have shown up in the small trail used for the EUA approval. Maginavir is a completely new approach to antivirals as opposed to Pfizermectin for which we already have a large number of similar antivirals for other viruses with long term safety data.

Long story short, if you're offered an antiviral choose Pfizermectin over Maginavir.
    Molnupiravir-induced
    The final theory, and perhaps the most troubling one, is that Omicron is a result of our own doing, through the treatment of a Covid-19 patient with the highly mutagenic antiviral drug molnupiravir. Molnupiravir works by introducing errors into the virus’ genetic code. When enough errors are introduced, virus replication slows and the patient clears the virus.
    Under less than ideal conditions — when the full dose of molnupiravir is not taken over the full period of five days, for example — the drug could lead to the creation of highly mutated, but viable, strains of SARS-CoV-2. Even under ideal conditions, patients treated with molnupiravir produced viable virus a few days into their course of treatment. The extent of the mutations which appeared due to molnupiravir are significant. In the FDA analysis of Merck’s clinical trial results, the authors note that patients who received molnupiravir showed more viral variation than those who did not, including amino acid subs utions, deletions or insertions in the e gene, and amino acid changes were scattered throughout the coding sequence. A total of 72 emergent e subs utions or changes was detected among 38 molnupiravir-treated patients.
    In South Africa, where Omicron was first detected, molnupiravir has been taken in both ideal and non-ideal conditions. Four different South African locations were used in Merck’s clinical trial of molnupiravir, which began in October 2020. The drug was given to patients at what we now know to be the “optimal” dosage, but also at lower doses to test the drug’s efficacy in smaller amounts. There is by no means a foolproof connection between molnupiravir and Omicron, but molnupiravir is known to induce a preponderance of two types of mutations: cytosine to uridine (C→U) and guanosine to adenosine (G→A). If you look at the difference in the Omicron genome and the original Wuhan variant, these C→U and G→A mutations comprise the majority of differences, with C→U mutations more prevalent to G→A. The same has been observed for molnupiravir-induced mutations in other coronaviruses (see Figure below). Agostini et al. note that exposure to molnupiravir resulted in up to 162 mutations in MHV and 41 mutations in MERS-CoV.

There is still much more study to be done before we will know with any degree of certainty which of these three scenarios led to Omicron’s evolution. But we know enough today to make a few assumptions and assertions.
    First, until we can say with certainty that molnupiravir did not and could not create a highly infectious and highly mutated variant like Omicron, it should be pulled from the market and any debate over approval of the drug should be paused.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/william...h=5b55e5b61bc1

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations."—President Biden
    Again.
    If your immune system does not respond to the vaccine, tough luck.
    It takes more than just the vaccination, it has to work in stimulating your immune response. And it HAS in the vast majority of people.
    Now we have variants where the load might be so large that you need a boost.

but, but... no its a horrible failure?

Stop with the BS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull no one said that! Honestly I am so tired of the whole "vaccine" debate and with that said get your vaccines and stfu already all you damn authoritarians!
    No one said what?
    BEFORE we understood the virus fully we had NO IDEA if the vaccines would work.
    Then after we figured out the RNA sequence and id proteins we thought it might be a good candidate for a vaccine. (still not solved for aids or malaria etc...)
    Some people have an absolutely absurd perspective on disease on our ability to "fight" it that they make bizarre statements about the SUCCESS of the vaccine.
    I am tired of these es afraid of the needle hiding their fear based on a timeline that is completely wrong (and purposely misrepresented) concerning this disease and the attempt to find a vaccine. The vaccine has been an incredible success. It people spewing and running in fear that are the problem.

Also people constantly blaming the govt or some psuedo cryptic groups for their own failures in taking control of their lives.
    "Dont forget, THEY are after us"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CDC data collection bad now
    No its fine. Its just starkly incomplete.

The point is you think 45 people who we do NOT know if they were vaccinated or not was the part you choose to emphasize.
    Thats bull . There are far more than 45 people that have acquired the variant and got sick. Unfortunately we dont know where we are at yet in terms of ANYONE implying that 80% of the people getting the latest variant will be the VACCINATED. Thats YOUR huge implied forecast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations."—President Biden
    ‘If we stopped testing right now, we’d have very few cases, if any’ - trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘If we stopped testing right now, we’d have very few cases, if any’ - trump
    Trump was correct. Biden was not.

Merry christmas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump has a vaccine mandate at his restaurant to keep great unwashed out.

The Trump Grill, located inside Trump Tower in New York City, refused to allow a group of vaccine mandate protesters to eat at the restaurant on Thursday after they failed to provide proof of vaccination. In response, the group slammed former President Donald Trump as a "fraud" and "a little hypocritical" for enforcing the city's indoor dining vaccine mandate, rather than paying the fines associated with defying the requirement, Newsweek reports.

While Trump has come around on promoting the COVID-19 vaccines, he's maintained that "there can't be mandates and all those things." As he further put it to Fox News this week, "The mandate will destroy people's lives — it destroys people's lives, just as the vaccine saves people."

https://news.yahoo.com/vaccine-manda...153140405.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump has a vaccine mandate at his restaurant to keep great unwashed out.

The Trump Grill, located inside Trump Tower in New York City, refused to allow a group of vaccine mandate protesters to eat at the restaurant on Thursday after they failed to provide proof of vaccination. In response, the group slammed former President Donald Trump as a "fraud" and "a little hypocritical" for enforcing the city's indoor dining vaccine mandate, rather than paying the fines associated with defying the requirement, Newsweek reports.

While Trump has come around on promoting the COVID-19 vaccines, he's maintained that "there can't be mandates and all those things." As he further put it to Fox News this week, "The mandate will destroy people's lives — it destroys people's lives, just as the vaccine saves people."

https://news.yahoo.com/vaccine-manda...153140405.html
    Law abiding. You don't have to agree with the law, you just have to abide by it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump was correct. Biden was not.

Merry christmas
    Ignorance, willful or not, is never the solution.

Merry Christmas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get your booster(s) and enjoy Christmas ya’ll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just when I thought I was good in airports and on airplanes with a mask...
    The variant clearly has proteins the vaccine recognizes. But the load and weak binding may be the problem.
    Wait and see.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59788231
    Holiday travel plans around the world continue to be disrupted with thousands of flights cancelled for the Christmas weekend as Covid infections surge.

Airlines have blamed shortages of healthy staff for the cancellations of nearly 2,400 flights on Friday and more than 2,300 on Saturday.

More than 800 of those cancelled on Saturday were to or from US airports.

In Europe, travel restrictions are among measures aimed at reducing cases, largely driven by the Omicron variant.

Despite early findings that Omicron is milder than other variants, scientists are concerned by the sheer number of infections being recorded.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Just when I thought I was good in airports and on airplanes with a mask...
    The variant clearly has proteins the vaccine recognizes. But the load and weak binding may be the problem.
    Wait and see.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59788231
    Holiday travel plans around the world continue to be disrupted with thousands of flights cancelled for the Christmas weekend as Covid infections surge.

Airlines have blamed shortages of healthy staff for the cancellations of nearly 2,400 flights on Friday and more than 2,300 on Saturday.

You think it was bad yesterday/eve & today/Xmas wait till tomorrow & Monday when en masse these "healthy staff" don't show up till January 3rd.

I don't blame 'em one bit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This narrowly passed FDA advisory committee 13-10. I’ve been linking opinions of people far more knowledgeable than you or I, including a member of the FDA committee who voted no. You just refuse to read them and stay ignorant to the dangers this pill could pose.

Here’s another interesting Twitter thread from someone more knowledgeable than you on the subject that you’ll refuse to read.

This is how you were spending your Christmas?

Lol.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nearly 5,000 flights canceled as omicron helps spark Christmas travel chao

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/c...torms-rcna9941

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nearly 5,000 flights canceled as omicron helps spark Christmas travel chao

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/c...torms-rcna9941
    Anybody who boarded an aircraft deserves everything they got and are yet to get.

And those airline workers/staff won't be back until next year::: 1-3-22.

It's like Newman querying Boone:::"How you gonna get back down that hill?"

-Hombre- in ('67)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    This is how you were spending your Christmas?

Lol.
    That wasn’t posted on Christmas.

Lol.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fast-Spreading Omicron Variant Drives Up Pediatric Hospitalizations in Parts of US

Pediatric units in hospitals in New York, Pennyslvania, Ohio, and Texas have been hit hard this month.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...tions-parts-us

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Fast-Spreading Omicron Variant Drives Up Pediatric Hospitalizations in Parts of US

Pediatric units in hospitals in New York, Pennyslvania, Ohio, and Texas have been hit hard this month.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...tions-parts-us

I'd a thought you'd be happier than a pig in today, bouts. Biden only lost 108 Americans to the COVID yesterday!!!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Go ahead and try it..."You won't believe what happens next even as it's happening."

"Harry Callahan"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Breaking News.. due to Holiday posting sprees, Occupy Democrats has run out of black and yellow ink.

Thread Information