Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I personally would rather get it at the bar getting blasted than from my coworker
    Just avoid vaxxed and boosted. They are infected and dangerous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just avoid vaxxed and boosted. They are infected and dangerous.
    Agreed

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok. I'm hearing plenty of negatives on home tests but positive on pcr cases. Not sure how well they work on omicron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok. I'm hearing plenty of negatives on home tests but positive on pcr cases. Not sure how well they work on omicron.
    Not sure. The only one in the house with symptoms was the only one who tested positive. Maybe coincidence?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Seriously people - STOP BUYING MASKS!" Surgeon General Jerome Adams tweeted. "They are NOT effective in preventing general public from catching #Coronavirus, but if healthcare providers can’t get them to care for sick patients, it puts them and our communities at risk!"

The upper-case emphasis is all his, and shows how adamant he is that people stick to the script for prevention offered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. His tweet links to that script, which includes a section that essentially agrees with Adams' take on masks.

Coronavirus, explained:Everything to know about the virus alarming the world (USA Today)

"CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19," the CDC says. "Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others."
    Not recommend <> do not work. Plus, that was on the early days of the pandemic. The CDC revisited this upon new studies and has recommended masking for a long ass time now.

As far as previous administration officials, who downplayed the virus and cost them the White House, there’s nothing else to add on how wrong they were.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I might have underestimated this Omicrap .

I still think its great for us in the long run as its much milder but Ostertag is right if we.lose 15% or more of our healthcare. Thats not good.

This will be great for us in the long run but next month or 2 will be rough.
    Follow the science, get a booster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's happening is the vaxxed & boosted are spreading it like crazy. Unvaxxed blacks and hispanics are going to take it on the chin, but I guess they made their choice.

That’s a lot of Republican blacks and Hispanics…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of my kids tested positive today, so I'm sure I'll get it in the next day or two.

Hopefully you avoid the bar for the next two weeks…

GWS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully you avoid the bar for the next two weeks…

GWS

Two weeks?

Don't you keep up with CDC?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two weeks?

Don't you keep up with CDC?
    The CDC issues guidelines. You won’t get a ticket for not following them.

I just thought you cared about your drinking buddies, but im probably wrong, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The CDC issues guidelines. You won’t get a ticket for not following them.

I just thought you cared about your drinking buddies, but im probably wrong, tbh

How long do you think people are infectious? It ain't 14 days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How long do you think people are infectious? It ain't 14 days.
    Didn’t we establish that this thing can have an incubation period of almost a week? (and that was one of the reasons why it was much more annoying than the flu). IIRC, once the positive test comes back, it varies from 4 to 12 days. My understanding for the wide range is that not everyone is symptomatic right away and goes get tested.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't the rapid tests not really work that well before you're symptomatic while the PCR can catch a positive result a lot earlier?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't the rapid tests not really work that well before you're symptomatic while the PCR can catch a positive result a lot earlier?
    PCR has always been more sensitive. I'm hearing of symptomatic people testing negative at home and then getting pcr and testing positve.

The official line for a month has been maybe less sensitive still checking...

"Government scientists have been checking to make sure the rapid tests still work as each new variant comes along. And this week, the Food and Drug Administration said preliminary research indicates they detect omicron, but may have reduced sensitivity. The agency noted it's still studying how the tests perform with the variant, which was first detected in late November."

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not recommend <> do not work. Plus, that was on the early days of the pandemic. The CDC revisited this upon new studies and has recommended masking for a long ass time now.

As far as previous administration officials, who downplayed the virus and cost them the White House, there’s nothing else to add on how wrong they were.
    This is DMC and hater methodology. Take some statement with a rapidly changing situation and then present it anachronistically to try and prove a point about how much bad advice is presently being given when its months or years old. They cant handle fluid situations where what we know and how sure we are about what we know, are in flux. so they play games with it. Or go to some sideshow medical doctor who wants to be on youtube for income (hater specialty).

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The both have pros and cons and are really should be used for different situations.
    both can be useful and both can give results that might be confusing. PCR tests can show a + possibly a good time later in an infection (ex. after you are shedding virus)

PCR takes too long to process for some answers you might want quickly. But since it tests directly for viral RNA it ismore accurate. Rapid test just tests for viral proteins.

T. Blue I hope your wife is doing well.
    Last edited by pgardn; 12-30-2021 at 08:24 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Follow the science, get a booster
    No thanks. Im good

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elon is so funny these days

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    elon should compare the number of unvaccinated covid deaths to the number of deaths from vaccines

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marines kick out 206 troops for refusing Covid-19 vaccine
    Overall, 95 percent of all active-duty Marines have received at least the first dose.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/1...vaccine-526266

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The surgeon general interpreted that differently

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marines kick out 206 troops for refusing Covid-19 vaccine
    Overall, 95 percent of all active-duty Marines have received at least the first dose.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/1...vaccine-526266
    We should blame the commander in chief tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The surgeon general interpreted that differently
    The Surgeon General at the time didn’t have the data we had since and was part of an administration that claimed we had 15 cases going down to zero very rapidly and generally (erroneously) downplayed the pandemic. He was wrong, it happens.
    It cost him and his boss their jobs.

Thread Information