notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Neil Young wins the internets...

Spotify to Add Content Advisory to Podcast Episodes That Include COVID-19 Discussions
    The advisory will direct listeners to a dedicated resource to access the latest facts and information shared by medical professionals and trusted health authorities.

Spotify CEO Daniel Ek on Sunday (Jan. 30) revealed updated platform rules and a new approach to dealing with COVID-19 information, including adding a dedicated content advisory to podcast episodes that contain discussions about the virus.

A statement, posted to Spotify’s website, began by noting that the audio service was created “to enable the work of creators around the world to be heard and enjoyed by listeners around the world. To our very core, we believe that listening is everything.”

The tech giant clarified that users have had questions over the last few days about policies “and the lines we have drawn between what is and isn’t acceptable.” While the statement did not reference any specific instances, it comes in the wake of musician Neil Young deciding to remove his music from Spotify due to COVID-19 misinformation appearing on the platform.

The Joe Rogan Experience, a Spotify exclusive podcast which has received backlash for repeatedly sharing misinformation, last December interviewed known vaccine skeptic Dr. Robert Malone, who promoted baseless theories about COVID vaccines.

Soon after Young made the decision to pull his music, the move was followed by Joni Mitc and Bruce Springsteen guitarist Nils Lofgren, who will both be removing music in solidarity. The musicians referred to an open letter sent to Spotify from 270 professionals in the scientific and medical communities, calling on the streaming service to address misinformation distributed on the platform.

“We have had rules in place for many years but admittedly, we haven’t been transparent around the policies that guide our content more broadly,” Ek’s statement continued. “This, in turn, led to questions around their application to serious issues including COVID-19.”

Based on feedback, Spotify explained that it has “an obligation to do more to provide balance and access to widely-accepted information from the medical and scientific communities guiding us through this unprecedented time.”

Ek noted that its content advisory will direct listeners to a dedicated COVID-19 resource to access the latest facts and information shared by medical professionals and trusted health authorities around the world. “This new effort to combat misinformation will roll out to countries around the world in the coming days,” he wrote.

https://www.billboard.com/business/s...ry-1235025044/
    The self flagellation by Spot has begun. And will not stop for quite a spell with many cashier checks written & cashed.

A damn shame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The self flagellation by Spot has begun. And will not stop for quite a spell with many cashier checks written & cashed.

A damn shame.
    Cry some more

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ce la vi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trudeau tests positive for Covid after being moved to safe location over trucker protest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trudeau tests positive for Covid after being moved to safe location over trucker protest

Weird. He alr3ady had said he had Covid on Friday. Now he says it again??

Some weird going on up there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Oh hahaha he said he was exposed

Now he has it

Tripple boosted

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the "everyone will get it" fiends in on misinformation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Decerebration and dementia seem to be emerging themes. The embedded English study suggests that recovered patients NOT reporting long COVID have measurable cognitive deficits correlated with infection.

Ah well, let er rip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hidden lung damage in mild cases

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ce la vi

Oh hahaha he said he was exposed

Now he has it

Tripple boosted
    hater still living in 2020.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID wrecked child care, with systemic implications.

People who don't have child care often can't go to work.

Since losing one-third of its workforce at the outset of the pandemic, the child care industry has seen a jobs recovery that's been slow and incomplete.

And now it's starting to backslide.

After shedding 4,500 jobs from September through November, preliminary estimates from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics show that the child day care services industry lost another 3,700 jobs in December.
    https://edition.cnn.com/2022/01/28/e...nes/index.html

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    COVID wrecked child care, with systemic implications.

People who don't have child care often can't go to work.
    I got this:::call her estranged husband back from grab ass & strange wool and make him stand the gaffe. He works, he provides, she stays home, she provides. Voila!

Methinks this is a ripe case of the chickens comin' on home to roost there., Winester.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Down to a mere 500,000 cases/day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deaths are a lagging indicator, but hospitalizations are down in the aggregate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We won

Party time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I take that one once a year, if the doctor deems it's warranted. I wouldn't have a problem taking it every 3/6 months if that's what the doctor recommends...

Again, not sure what's hilarious about taking care of your own health...

do you also laugh out loud when the doctor tells you (god forbid) that you have cancer, tbh?
    Never had a doctor say I have cancer but if that was the case I'd just live out my last days instead of chemo and all the other worthless treatments. If I am meant to die so be it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We won

Party time
    That's what you said the last time before all those people died.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trucks

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never had a doctor say I have cancer but if that was the case I'd just live out my last days instead of chemo and all the other worthless treatments. If I am meant to die so be it.
    What if you caught the cancer early enough that surgery would likely take care of it? Can understand not wanting to take chemo but that 's not necessary if they can cut it out before it has metastasized to somewhere they can't cut out.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We won

Party time
    Joe did it??!!?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No he failed.

Omicron did it

Cheers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I enjoy life very much, never been better. Not scared of death, which is a different thing, and I've lived a very fulfilling life, but given the option, I rather continue living... different philosophies, I guess.

Eventually, this discussion boils down to expertise. Just like I'm really good at what I do, that's exactly the type of doctor I want and have, and when he speaks I follow his advice... just like when people that don't know as much as I do follow my advice in my specialty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I enjoy life very much, never been better. Not scared of death

Tell that to your n95 mask nig

Thread Information