Page 15 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925651155151015 ... LastLast
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    settle down Nancy

Just correcting your way off flu mortality rate that's all
    Where's the link to the flu mortality rate?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.worldometers.info/

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    um flu is 0.1% mortality niga

this is at least 20x worse
    Likelihood the mortality rate given by the Chinese is even probably high because numbers come from people who have been in bad enough shape to seek help. We know the flu better in the US because more people with the disease are seen in the Drs office or in the hospital.

There are limitations to accuracy on all this data besides just the purposeful diversions.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That isn't a rate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    flu mortality rate is <1%. It only kills the extremely elderly and most immunosuppressed/compromised.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/...ia/by-country/

and that's including Pneumonia ma niga

in the tiest country death rate is around 0.2% (which would make coronavirus 10x stronger)

you're welcome

also, note that China deathrate is extremely low for influenza. which means if coronavirus spreads in Africa, bye bye ma nigas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Btw the virus itself isn't whats killing people. It's the secondary bacterial pneumonia, etc. Virus replicates and wreaks havoc for ~7 days, then the lower respiratory system is so weak, other invaders get let in the front door

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Btw the virus itself isn't whats killing people. It's the secondary bacterial pneumonia, etc. Virus replicates and wreaks havoc for ~7 days, then the lower respiratory system is so weak, other invaders get let in the front door
    That's not correct from what is currently known. It's the cytokine storm response, basically massive over reaction by immune system. See post #307

The length of the infection before it's produces the response is what seems unusual. See post #308

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coronavirus likely now ‘gathering steam’

Leaky international cordon may mean equivalent of worst flu season in modern times

sickening tens of thousands, with a death toll of more than 1,000.

But outside the Asian giant the numbers remain a fraction of that,

a trend Harvard’s
    Marc Lipsitch views with su ion.

Lipsitch thinks it is just a matter of time before the virus spreads widely internationally,

which means nations so far only lightly hit should prepare for its eventual arrival in force

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2020/02/harvard-expert-says-coronavirus-likely-just-gathering-steam/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coronavirus likely now ‘gathering steam’

Leaky international cordon may mean equivalent of worst flu season in modern times

sickening tens of thousands, with a death toll of more than 1,000.

But outside the Asian giant the numbers remain a fraction of that,

a trend Harvard’s
    Marc Lipsitch views with su ion.

Lipsitch thinks it is just a matter of time before the virus spreads widely internationally,

which means nations so far only lightly hit should prepare for its eventual arrival in force

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2020/02/harvard-expert-says-coronavirus-likely-just-gathering-steam/

Appears that it will follow the swine flu pandemic. Once it's established on every continent the pandemic will be declared over and it will be classified as just another bug we get sometimes. Then the WHO/CDC etc. can get back to pretending they know how to stop pandemics.
    Called it

Take that Hater lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not correct from what is currently known. It's the cytokine storm response, basically massive over reaction by immune system. See post #307

The length of the infection before it's produces the response is what seems unusual. See post #308
    We have already been through this.

The secondary infections can cause a secondary immune reaction and the primary so called storm (scary word needed) is not well understood

What is required of the immune system early in the infection, when the pathogen is dividing rapidly and reaching high infectious loads, may be very different from what is needed later, possibly only a few hours later, when either the pathogen is at steady state or the pathogen load is falling due to either the effects of appropriate antimicrobial therapy or the clearance of the pathogen by the immune response. Treating patients with the “right” immunomodulating drug but at the “wrong” time could worsen the clinical outcome. We still do not understand the delicate nature of this rapidly changing immune response, and until we do, it is unlikely that we will develop rational therapies that target the exact phase of the immune cascade

So chew on that nicotine at the proper time.
    There are a load of articles on this. And it’s a mess.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3294426/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have already been through this.

The secondary infections can cause a secondary immune reaction and the primary so called storm (scary word needed) is not well understood

What is required of the immune system early in the infection, when the pathogen is dividing rapidly and reaching high infectious loads, may be very different from what is needed later, possibly only a few hours later, when either the pathogen is at steady state or the pathogen load is falling due to either the effects of appropriate antimicrobial therapy or the clearance of the pathogen by the immune response. Treating patients with the “right” immunomodulating drug but at the “wrong” time could worsen the clinical outcome. We still do not understand the delicate nature of this rapidly changing immune response, and until we do, it is unlikely that we will develop rational therapies that target the exact phase of the immune cascade

So chew on that nicotine at the proper time.
    There are a load of articles on this. And it’s a mess.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3294426/
    Cytokine response is well understood despite your usual word salad response. It's fully described in the studies I've linked and even your own link. Cause of death from this virus is not secondary infection in any published info.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Called it

Take that Hater lol
    props ma niga

especially now that china is not going to count as infected ppl who show no symptoms

war has been lost. this virus is here to stay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cytokine response is well understood despite your usual word salad response. It's fully described in the studies I've linked and even your own link. Cause of death from this virus is not secondary infection in any published info.
    The cause of death from most secondary infections is due to your bodies own defense going overboard as we have already in addition to the primary viral infection.
    You did not read my link. It says exactly the opposite of what you bolded. This response changes rapidly with what stage the pathogen is in and it is NOT WELL known.

Despite your outright false claim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    props ma niga

especially now that china is not going to count as infected ppl who show no symptoms

war has been lost. this virus is here to stay
    Like they are going to find these people anyway...
    We dont even find the vast majority of flu patients who show no or very reduced symptoms.
    By far the easiest way to find people is when they come in for help because they feel really bad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The cause of death from most secondary infections is due to your bodies own defense going overboard as we have already in addition to the primary viral infection.
    You did not read my link. It says exactly the opposite of what you bolded. This response changes rapidly with what stage the pathogen is in and it is NOT WELL known.

Despite your outright false claim.
    We aren't talking about "most secondary infections". This thread is specific to 2019 coronavirus. You always struggle with context.

I posted the only scientific study available on this virus. As of now, mortality is not due to secondary infections.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We aren't talking about "most secondary infections". This thread is specific to 2019 coronavirus. You always struggle with context.

I posted the only scientific study available on this virus. As of now, mortality is not due to secondary infections.
    Good.

So go ahead and make the false argument that the cascade of reactions produced by the cytokines is well understood.
    Thats just false. FOR ANY VIRUS. You always struggle with content and context. (Like I know you so well)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Massive e today. 15,000 new cases overnight

Growth factor jumps from .83 to 7.3
    https://www.worldometers.info/corona...navirus-cases/

WTH China?

Edit: Oh...
    * Provisional - 13,332 new cases are due to the new diagnosis classification adopted by Hubei starting on Feb. 12

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

thisisfine.gif

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We had a flu pandemic in 2009.
    Im sure everyone remembers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Corona Lite now present at Lackland AFB:

More coronavirus cases could be identified at Texas Air Force base, health officials say

https://www.cnn.com/asia/live-news/c...hnk/index.html

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed a case of novel coronavirus at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas.

And "there may be additional cases" identified during the quarantine period, CDC spokeswoman Captain Jennifer McQuiston said at a news conference today.

The patient was a "solo traveler" from China. The individual has been quarantined "since arriving at Lackland Air Force Base from the Wuhan Province in China and remains in isolation at a local hospital, San Antonio Mayor Ron Nirenberg said.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CDC saying get ready

Top CDC official says US should prepare for coronavirus ‘to take a foothold’
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/12/cdc-...in-the-us.html

The CDC is preparing for the new coronavirus, which has killed at least 1,115 and sickened more than 45,000 worldwide, to “take a foothold in the U.S.”
    “At some point, we are likely to see community spread in the U.S. or in other countries,” said Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    go to theprepared.com jigas

you will learn hownto prepare for this

only thing I would add is get enough booze and weed for the duration of the quarantines nigas

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    flu mortality rate is <1%. It only kills the extremely elderly and most immunosuppressed/compromised.
    Thus far mortality outside of mainland China is also well under <1%

I guess we need to wait for larger sample size to see if that holds true.

Thread Information