Page 1540 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 540104014401490153015361537153815391540154115421543154415501590 ... LastLast
Results 38,476 to 38,500 of 40782
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    soooo the kinds of idiots in the maga cult are going to get DUMBER???

is that even possible?
    Not at least 900k of 'em won't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who knew!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correlation with diabetes risk firms up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correlation with multiorgan impairment persisting at least a year, even in mild and asymptomatic cases.

Participants: 536 individuals (mean 45 years, 73% female, 89% white, 32% healthcare workers, 13% acute COVID-19 hospitalisation) completed baseline assessment (median: 6 months post-COVID-19). 331 (62%) with organ impairment or incidental findings had follow up, with reduced symptom burden from baseline (median number of symptoms: 10 and 3, at 6 and 12 months). Exposure: SARS-CoV-2 infection 6 months prior to first assessment. Main outcome: Prevalence of single and multi-organ impairment at 6 and 12 months post-COVID-19. Results: Extreme breathlessness (36% and 30%), cognitive dysfunction (50% and 38%) and poor health-related quality of life (EQ-5D-5L<0.7; 55% and 45%) were common at 6 and 12 months, and associated with female gender, younger age and single organ impairment. At baseline, there was fibro-inflammation in the heart (9%), pancreas (9%), kidney (15%) and liver (11%); increased volume in liver (7%), spleen (8%) and kidney (9%); decreased capacity in lungs (2%); and excessive fat deposition in the liver (25%) and pancreas (15%). Single and multi-organ impairment were present in 59% and 23% at baseline, persisting in 59% and 27% at follow-up. Conclusion and Relevance: Organ impairment was present in 59% of individuals at 6 months post-COVID-19, persisting in 59% of those followed up at 1 year, with implications for symptoms, quality of life and longer-term health
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2022.03.18.22272607v1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID is airborne, ventilation works

An Italian study published on Tuesday suggests that efficient ventilation systems can reduce the transmission of COVID-19 in schools by more than 80%.

An experiment overseen by the Hume foundation think-tank compared coronavirus contagion in 10,441 classrooms in Italy's central Marche region.
    https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...82-2022-03-22/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correlation with myocarditis and heart damage firming up

According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the risk of myocarditis after infection with COVID-19 is much higher, at 146 cases per 100,000. The risk is higher for males, older adults (ages 50+) and children under 16 years old. Soccer player Alphonso Davies, 21, of Canada’s national men’s team, was sidelined by heart inflammation after having COVID-19.

Myocarditis following COVID-19 vaccination is rare and the risk is much smaller than the risks of cardiac injury linked to COVID-19 itself.

Based on a study out of Israel, the risk of post-vaccine myocarditis is 2.13 cases per 100,000 vaccinated, which is within the range usually seen in the general population. This study is consistent with others in the United States and Israel which put the overall incidence of post-vaccine myocarditis between 0.3 and five cases per 100,000 people.
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/...an-vaccination

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been on airplanes well over 10 times with a N95. You really cant get more cramped with a large number of people who have been to or come from many different places. And sitting on these things for over an hour at least enclosed . Anecdotal info: I have still had zero colds and clear of Covid symptoms. I have not been sick since this thing started. I have NEVER gone this long without a little head Cold.
    Masks most likely work very well along with the ventilation systems for me.

I would post my zipcode but I dont want Darrin at my door trying to sell Ivermectin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been on airplanes well over 10 times with a N95. You really cant get more cramped with a large number of people who have been to or come from many different places. And sitting on these things for over an hour at least enclosed . Anecdotal info: I have still had zero colds and clear of Covid symptoms. I have not been sick since this thing started. I have NEVER gone this long without a little head Cold.

I would post my zipcode but I dont want Darrin at my door trying to sell Ivermectin.

Rent free

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats.

You have gained a whole lot of Snakeoil notoriety.
    There are a few famous clowns that entertain on this platform.
    I will pay the rent if you want.
    Step on stage, and tell us which thread you will be in and what the dates and times are.
    Could be lucrative... practice for a massive twitter following.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

...Or, 12 inchers. You'd love those.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Deaths:

10AM

tee, hee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...Or, 12 inchers. You'd love those.
    Darrin sells rulers…
    Ok

Putin God
    God not God

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cornell was a bellwether for the OG Omicron -- maybe because they bother to track it and encourage reporting.

Head in sand COVID fatigue and home testing will tend to depress reported cases in the current wave. Too bad the CDC is relying on lagging indicators like hospitalization to set risk levels, by the time they sound the alarm it'll be too late to do much about it.

Cornell University is moving from alert level green to alert level yellow after a COVID-19 cases began "increasing beyond our predictions, indicating a substantial prevalence of the virus on campus," according to a university statement.

Over the past week, 379 positive cases have been reported among undergraduate, graduate, staff and faculty populations.
    https://www.ithaca.com/news/coronavi...89d16d2f1.html

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Cornell was a bellwether for the OG Omicron -- maybe because they bother to track it and encourage reporting.

Head in sand COVID fatigue and home testing will tend to depress reported cases in the current wave. Too bad the CDC is relying on lagging indicators like hospitalization to set risk levels, by the time they sound the alarm it'll be too late to do much about it.

https://www.ithaca.com/news/coronavi...89d16d2f1.html
    "I do know one thing--that although I was blind, now I can see."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congressional funding for tracking, treatment and testing is about to dry up, so in essence we're back to the Trumpian policy to keeping the numbers down by discouraging discovery and downplaying the prevalence of disease -- which is currently at a level considered alarming as recently as last summer.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Congressional funding for tracking, treatment and testing is about to dry up, so in essence we're back to the Trumpian policy to keeping the numbers down by discouraging discovery and downplaying the prevalence of disease -- which is currently at a level considered alarming as recently as last summer.
    ..."I do know one thing--that although I was blind, now I can see."...about 1/2 the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Gov. Abbott, COVID is still an emergency in Texas, or maybe he just wants to hang onto his emergency powers as long as possible, even when COVID is "over" and mitigation has ceased almost entirely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best way to limit the damage is to keep the caseload down.

Failure to mitigate infection will impose heavy social and economic costs and already has.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Best way to limit the damage is to keep the caseload down.

Failure to mitigate infection will impose heavy social and economic costs and already has.

"I do not know if he is a sinner or not," the man replied. "One thing I do know: I was blind, and now I see."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correlation with diabetes risk firms up

Correlation with multiorgan impairment persisting at least a year, even in mild and asymptomatic cases.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2022.03.18.22272607v1
    Correlation with myocarditis and heart damage firming up

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/...an-vaccination
    Previous infection with COVID would now seem to be a compounding underlying condition. T-cell depletion and immune derangement seem to be making the risk of reinfection worse than initial infections, contrary to the common sense of open COVID/mass morbidity enthusiasts. And that's leaving aside the strokes, heart disease and kidney disease that COVID seems to be causing.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Previous infection with COVID would now seem to be a compounding underlying condition. T-cell depletion and immune derangement seem to be making the risk of reinfection worse than initial infections, contrary to the common sense of open COVID/mass morbidity enthusiasts. And that's leaving aside the strokes, heart disease and kidney disease that COVID seems to be causing.
    "I do not know if he is a sinner or not," the man replied. "One thing I do know: I was blind, and now I see."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And since the beginning the instructions for different localities depending on their status is confusion. Politicians wear down as people get tired of all this stuff, thats another thing I have learned.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And since the beginning the instructions for different localities depending on their status is confusion. Politicians wear down as people get tired of all this stuff, thats another thing I have learned.
    ...& I've learned that you & him, peeg & Winester are climbin' that tree with firm intentions of sittin' in it together.

Thread Information