Page 1555 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 555105514551505154515511552155315541555155615571558155915651605 ... LastLast
Results 38,851 to 38,875 of 40770
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In days gone by, they just opened the windows.
    Bullet proof windows that stopped your lungs from being blown away?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Boiled down:::
    1,036,000 Americans dead in the ground.
    & counting...

as
    "I will shut it down." Biden
    squats in the White House.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indoor air quality could be to the 21st century what water sanitation was to the 20th -- a qualitative leap forward for public health.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strategic and economic dimension of infection, fitness for work.

Many individuals who contract Covid-19 end up returning to the workforce upon recovery. However, approximately one-third of the individuals who contract Covid-19 report experiencing persistent cognitive impairments2.To this end, the current research demonstrated that individuals who had contracted Covid-19 reported lower taskperformance and higher intentions to leave their jobs, relative to individuals who had not contracted Covid-19.Tese efects were mediated by cognitive failures at work.We suspect that because death is a relatively rare outcome among Covid-19 patients, many individuals believethey are likely to be largely unafected by Covid-19 if they are infected. However, our results indicate that contracting Covid-19 can have practical implications for individuals’ everyday lives; particularly, their ability tofunction efectively at work. As such, it is possible that beyond harming one’s physical health, Covid-19 alsoposes risks to financial well-being.
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-022-13051-1.pdf

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

1,037,000 Americans dead in the ground.
    & counting...

as

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    test positivity, California

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    test positivity, California

Definitely been making the rounds here. Didn't catch it myself, but some co-workers did get infected.

Started to use masks again in crowded places until it dies down again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much for superimmunity and catching COVID to prevent COVID.

Writing in the journal Science, the researchers reported how they followed the vaccination and infection experiences of 731 triple vaccinated healthcare workers in the UK from March 2020 to January 2022. The team then used blood samples collected from participants in the weeks after their third dose of vaccine to explore their antibody and T-cell responses towards the Omicron variant, BA.1.

The participants varied considerably in terms of their Covid history, including whether they had had a previous Covid infection and, if so, the variant involved.

The results suggested that, regardless of the participants’ previous infection history, a few weeks after their third Covid jab their levels of T-cells against Omicron proteins were poor, while levels of antibodies against Omicron proteins were lower than against other variants.

But previous infections also mattered. Among other findings the team reported infection with Omicron increased protection against future infection with other variants. However, it only offered a limited boost to protection against another Omicron infection – a response that was actually weakened among those who had also previously had the original strain of the virus.

The team said the results held for both antibody and T-cell responses, and suggested those who caught Covid in the first wave of the pandemic did not gain a boost to their immune response should they subsequently catch Omicron.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...t-from-omicron

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fauci has covid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Catching Covid when Pandemic is pretty much over

Dirty old fart

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

1,039,000 Americans dead in the ground.
    & counting...

as

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fauci says we need a new vaccine to stop the virus. Asks for moar money. Says intranasal vaccine is the way to go .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Fauci says we need a new vaccine to stop the virus. Asks for moar money. Says intranasal vaccine is the way to go .
    There's still $39 billion left in the Ukr Kitty after Biden just sent them that billion. Use that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give everything the good doctor needs to keep saving American lives

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely been making the rounds here. Didn't catch it myself, but some co-workers did get infected.

Started to use masks again in crowded places until it dies down again.

,,,,what a dumbass,,,,

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

1,039,000 Americans dead in the ground.
    & counting...

as

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give everything the good doctor needs to keep saving American lives
    Operation Warp Speed was the best thing Trump did other than signing the CARES Act. It's a shame there isn't an OWS 2.0, the need for one is obvious.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Operation Warp Speed was the best thing Trump did other than signing the CARES Act. It's a shame there isn't an OWS 2.0, the need for one is obvious.
    ...Biden swore up & down that we wouldn't need a OWS 2.0...He swore on the Good Book that he'd "shut it down." That was 640,000 dead Americans ago.

& counting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting COVID can impair immune response to subsequent infection.

In summary, these studies have shown that the high global prevalence of B.1.1.529 (Omicron) infections and reinfections likely reflects considerable subversion of immune recognition at both the B, T cell, antibody binding and nAb level, although with considerable differential modulation through immune imprinting. Some imprinted combinations, such as infection during the Wuhan Hu-1 and Omicron waves, confer particularly impaired responses.
    https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.abq1841

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't worry, brotendo, it's just a little brain damage

Researchers are finally making headway in understanding how the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus causes loss of smell. And a mul ude of potential treatments to tackle the condition are undergoing clinical trials, including steroids and blood plasma.

Once a tell-tale sign of COVID-19, smell disruption is becoming less common as the virus evolves. “Our inboxes are not as flooded as they used to be,” says Valentina Parma, a psychologist at the Monell Chemical Senses Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, who helped field desperate inquiries from patients throughout the first two years of the pandemic.

A study published last month1 surveyed 616,318 people in the United States who have had COVID-19. It found that, compared with those who had been infected with the original virus, people who had contracted the Alpha variant — the first variant of concern to arise — were 50% as likely to have chemosensory disruption. This probability fell to 44% for the later Delta variant, and to 17% for the latest variant, Omicron.

But the news is not all good: a significant portion of people infected early in the pandemic still experience chemosensory effects. A 2021 study2 followed 100 people who had had mild cases of COVID-19 and 100 people who repeatedly tested negative. More than a year after their infections, 46% of those who had had COVID-19 still had smell problems; by contrast, just 10% of the control group had developed some smell loss, but for other reasons. Furthermore, 7% of those who had been infected still had total smell loss, or ‘anosmia’, at the end of the year. Given that more than 500 million cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed worldwide, tens of millions of people probably have lingering smell problems.

For these people, help can’t come soon enough. Simple activities such as tasting food or smelling flowers are now “really emotionally distressing”, Parma says.
    Scrambled nuclei

A clearer picture of how SARS-CoV-2 causes this disruption should help to create better therapies for the condition. Early in the pandemic, a study showed3 that the virus attacks cells in the nose, called sustentacular cells, that provide nutrients and support to odour-sensing neurons.

Since then, clues have emerged about what happens to the olfactory neurons after infection. Researchers including biochemist Stavros Lomvardas at Columbia University in New York City examined people who had died from COVID-19 and found that, although their neurons were intact, they had fewer membrane-embedded receptors for detecting odour molecules than usual4.

This was because the neurons’ nuclei had been scrambled. Normally, the chromosomes in these nuclei are organized into two compartments — a structure that enables the neurons to express specific odour receptors at high levels. But when the team looked at the autopsied neurons, “the nuclear architecture was unrecognizable,” Lomvardas says.

There is also evidence of lasting changes to the brain for people with smell loss. In a study published in March6, 785 people in the United Kingdom had their brains scanned twice. About 400 people became infected with COVID-19 between scans, so the scientists were able to observe structural changes. The COVID-19 survivors showed multiple changes, including markers of tissue damage in areas linked to the brain’s olfactory centre. It’s not clear why this was the case, but one possibility is lack of input. “When we cut off input from the nose, the brain atrophies,” says Danielle Reed, a geneticist also at Monell. “It’s one of the clearest things we know about taste and smell.”
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-01589-z

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Don't worry, brotendo, it's just a little brain damage

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-01589-z
    - "I'll shut it down."

- MF Biden

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    UK getting slammed by BA.4/5, cases rise by 43% in one week.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ses-in-england

Thread Information