Page 1566 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 566106614661516155615621563156415651566156715681569157015761616 ... LastLast
Results 39,126 to 39,150 of 40782
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Former President Donald Trump's adviser believes Covid-19 could have leaked from a Wuhan lab where scientists were working on vaccines for similar viruses.

Infectious diseases expert and former presidential Covid adviser Dr Deborah Birx told The Mail on Sunday that coronavirus 'came out of the box ready to infect' when it emerged in the Chinese city of Wuhan in December 2020.

The adviser said most viruses take months or years to become highly infectious to humans. But, Dr Birx said, Covid 'was already more infectious than flu when it first arrived'.

She said that meant Covid was either an 'abnormal thing of nature' or that Chinese scientists were 'working on coronavirus vaccines' and became infected.

'It happens, labs aren't perfect, people aren't perfect, we make mistakes and there can be contamination,' she said.

She accused China of initially covering up how infectious Covid was.

Birx said Covid's infectiousness was consistent with a virus which had been experimented on in a lab.

'In laboratories you grow the virus in human cells, allowing it to adapt more. Each time it passes through human cells it becomes more adapted,' she said.

Because people can catch Covid asymptomatically meaning they don't show symptoms Dr Birx argues a Wuhan scientist could have easily walked out of the lab with it.

'Someone working in the lab with one of the strains could've caught it and not known they had it,' she said.

Dr Birx also added that lives could've been saved if China had admitted the virus spread asymptomatically, when it was first discovered.

'China was implying that they were containing it, but asymptomatic spread cannot be contained without testing,' she said.
    But (we're) not going after China for this. Not for money, marbles, nor chalk. Now we will go after China for siding Russia vs. Ukr, with everything we've got, but not for COVID. And that's just the way it's gonna bePERIOD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CDC asleep at the switch. Kids going back to school in 4-6 weeks gonna blow it up.

Free natural boosters for the kids.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Free natural boosters for the kids.
    "Disease is the best medicine!"

Won't be long til y'all start spreading it on purpose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Disease is the best medicine!"

Won't be long til y'all start spreading it on purpose.

This isn't the same disease anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't the same disease anymore.
    Not sure what you mean

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure what you mean
    Not seeing the hypoxia, pneumonia, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not seeing the hypoxia, pneumonia, etc.
    that it's not Delta doesn't mean it's danger-free, or no different than a cold. there are plenty of bad things COVID does to people short of hospitalization and death.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    School Ventilation: A Vital Tool to Reduce COVID-19 Spread

Also effective at hindering transmission of other airborne pathogens.

While ventilation improvements may often be perceived as a complicated and expensive investment, we demonstrate in a cost-effectiveness analysis comparing ventilation with enhanced (“deep”) cleaning that ventilation improvements are a cost-effective public health measure. As new, potentially more transmissible variants of SARS-CoV-2 continue to emerge, broad improvements in indoor air quality are important for reducing transmission. Improvements to ventilation are a good use of the COVID-19 relief funds provided to K-12 schools.

To produce this report and recommendations, we interviewed 32 experts in air quality, engineering, education policy, and communications, as well as teachers at schools that have been open for in-person learning during the pandemic. We examined relevant peer-reviewed scientific literature and engineering best practices for indoor air quality as well as specific guidance for K-12 schools issued by the CDC and expert industry organizations. We also hosted a webinar featuring experts in indoor air quality, engineering, and schools to highlight their expertise and provide recommendations for what can be done now to reduce SARS-CoV-2 transmission through improvements in ventilation and to add to the mitigation measures that schools are already taking.

A broad conclusion of this research is that the benefits to investing in healthy air in schools have the potential to outlast the COVID-19 pandemic. Improved ventilation may give children and school staff healthier indoor air quality for decades in the future, providing a healthier environment for nonpandemic times and potentially reducing risks in future infectious disease outbreak.
    https://www.centerforhealthsecurity....ol-ventilation

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Boiled down:::
    1,051,000 Americans dead in the ground.
    & counting...

as
    "I will shut it down." Biden
    squats in the White House.

~~~~~~~~~
    & the beat goes on!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't even need to read the post to know the position and what's going to be said. Just look at the name of the poster

e.g. someone will say something snarky about me, like "I knew it wouldn't address the topic blah blah blah"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's still germane.

when's the last time you posted anything topical? you just go around biting ankles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wouldn't work in Texas right now, but illustrates the importance of clean air, as intuited by medical science 100 years ago.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Former President Donald Trump's adviser believes Covid-19 could have leaked from a Wuhan lab where scientists were working on vaccines for similar viruses.

Infectious diseases expert and former presidential Covid adviser Dr Deborah Birx told The Mail on Sunday that coronavirus 'came out of the box ready to infect' when it emerged in the Chinese city of Wuhan in December 2020.

The adviser said most viruses take months or years to become highly infectious to humans. But, Dr Birx said, Covid 'was already more infectious than flu when it first arrived'.

She said that meant Covid was either an 'abnormal thing of nature' or that Chinese scientists were 'working on coronavirus vaccines' and became infected.

'It happens, labs aren't perfect, people aren't perfect, we make mistakes and there can be contamination,' she said.

She accused China of initially covering up how infectious Covid was.

Birx said Covid's infectiousness was consistent with a virus which had been experimented on in a lab.

'In laboratories you grow the virus in human cells, allowing it to adapt more. Each time it passes through human cells it becomes more adapted,' she said.

Because people can catch Covid asymptomatically meaning they don't show symptoms Dr Birx argues a Wuhan scientist could have easily walked out of the lab with it.

'Someone working in the lab with one of the strains could've caught it and not known they had it,' she said.

Dr Birx also added that lives could've been saved if China had admitted the virus spread asymptomatically, when it was first discovered.

'China was implying that they were containing it, but asymptomatic spread cannot be contained without testing,' she said.
    Aggie news

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that it's not Delta doesn't mean it's danger-free, or no different than a cold. there are plenty of bad things COVID does to people short of hospitalization and death.
    right now, rampant infection means hundreds of thousands of people per day in the US are being exposed to the dangers. trying to hinder transmission would spare a lot of sickness and suffering -- as well as a buttload of lost days of economic productivity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    right now, rampant infection means hundreds of thousands of people per day in the US are being exposed to the dangers. trying to hinder transmission would spare a lot of sickness and suffering -- as well as a buttload of lost days of economic productivity.

Ooh, the dangers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ooh, the dangers
    Do you know what they are?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ooh, the dangers

He's dying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darrin passes on empirical evidence in favor of posting. It's slightly less annoying than his COVID happy talk.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darrin passes on empirical evidence in favor of posting. It's slightly less annoying than his COVID happy talk.
    The empirical evidence is everybody gets infected, repeatedly. 5th endemic HCoV...a common cold virus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The empirical evidence is everybody gets infected, repeatedly. 5th endemic HCoV...a common cold virus.
    he suggested it wasn't dangerous. when was the last time the common cold killed 1 million Americans in a little over two years?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...quite apart from chronic neurological, pulmonary, cardiac, kidney and vascular damage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (I left out immunological derangement)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at the present from the vantage of evolutionary biology misses the significance for us specifically.

Thread Information