Page 158 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 581081481541551561571581591601611621682082586581158 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 40795
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "China has been updating the U.S. on the coronavirus and its response since January 3. On January 15 the U.S. State Department notified Americans in China U.S. CDC's warning about the coronavirus. And now blames China for delay? Seriously?" Hua Chunying posted on Twitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cases/fatalities rise, Italy extends its lockdown.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN21615R

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    search "desantis party is over"

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah ing . The deaths plotted on a logarithmic scale isn't even linear any more factoring the last few days in. Look at how much steeper that graph has become the last 2-3 days.

source: https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/19/healt...day/index.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One Iranian dies of the virus every 10 minutes. 50 get infected every hour

Yet Pompeo and evil americans impose more sanctions on that country

evil mother ers

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    search "desantis party is over"
    Any ing time now Abott

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol overstatement

they just quarantined a city of 11 million

the virus is mutating

its the mainstream media who are downplaying this

thinking a paper mask and thermometer can stop this

some clown “doctor” on CNBC just said this is a nothingburger and laughed off the measly 500 infections and 17 dead. its only been 3 days ya dumb and do you really think only 500 infections?
    called it

that was more than 2 months ago

called it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and LMAO american government saying chinese were hiding it

they had 2 ing months to prepare at the very least order billions of masks and thousands of ventilators

they did jack and now blame china losers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah ing . The deaths plotted on a logarithmic scale isn't even linear any more factoring the last few days in. Look at how much steeper that graph has become the last 2-3 days.

We are testing more. There always were vastly more cases out there than we even now know about. That was bound to happen.

It will keep going up sharply as we roll out more testing to get a better handle on it.

The deaths per infection will likely go down a bit. AHA estimates place it at 0.5%, and this is leading that at 2%, so that is going to be more in line with their estimate, if so.

Plot it out.

Bell shaped curve. two months... total ulative infected 35M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are testing more. There always were vastly more cases out there than we even now know about. That was bound to happen.

It will keep going up sharply as we roll out more testing to get a better handle on it.

The deaths per infection will likely go down a bit. AHA estimates place it at 0.5%, and this is leading that at 2%, so that is going to be more in line with their estimate, if so.

Plot it out.

35 million infections in the US isn't going to get us close to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel if heat doesn't slow it down. Gonna need somewhere from 4x to 7x that many Americans infected to get there.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    MARCH 19, 2020 AT 4:55 AM

(Twitter photo/Griselda Zetino)

PHOENIX — As the number of coronavirus cases continue to increase in Arizona, health care facilities and their staffs have to effectively prioritize their time, testing and treatment regarding the infectious disease.
    Although many Valley residents want to be tested for COVID-19, not everyone qualifies.
    Frank LoVecchio, an emergency room physician at Valleywise Health Medical Center in Phoenix, told KTAR News 92.3 FM that certain criteria must be met.

He explained that the most eligible to receive testing for coronavirus are those who are already very sick with something such as pneumonia, or an individual who already requires use of a respirator.
    Patients who’ve traveled to a country where the coronavirus outbreak is happening and are showing flu-like symptoms are also eligible for testing.
    Related Links

“If none of those criteria are met, then we’re not allowed to give the test,” LoVecchio said.
    “We have to ration the test; it’s not our choice. We’d love to give the test to everyone who wanted it.”
    He said when there’s a patient who qualifies for the test, the hospital contacts the Arizona Department of Health Services to do the testing.
    Patients who are tested are then placed in isolation at the hospital until test results come back.
    “They don’t give us an answer until about 3 to 5 days, which is very, very difficult,” LoVecchio said.
    “We have a few patients waiting for the answer, and they are very sick.”
    The testing for coronavirus is led by the Arizona State Public Health Laboratory, which has a capacity to test up to 450 people each day.
    Commercial testing has also started. Among the private hospitals and labs in Arizona providing testing are Mayo Clinic, TGen, and Sonora Quest Laboratories.

LoVecchio said if you’re feeling flu-like symptoms – like a cough or fever – and can’t get tested for the coronavirus, he recommends staying home and isolating yourself for 12 days.
    “And I would you tell others that you have that, I think you should,” he said. “It’s the right thing to do.”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In other words...we didn't do this for the last 8 years but you might want to think about doing it.
    Obama's first year:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_f..._United_States

... with Banksters Great Depression in full swing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MARCH 19, 2020 AT 4:55 AM

(Twitter photo/Griselda Zetino)

PHOENIX — As the number of coronavirus cases continue to increase in Arizona, health care facilities and their staffs have to effectively prioritize their time, testing and treatment regarding the infectious disease.
    Although many Valley residents want to be tested for COVID-19, not everyone qualifies.
    Frank LoVecchio, an emergency room physician at Valleywise Health Medical Center in Phoenix, told KTAR News 92.3 FM that certain criteria must be met.

He explained that the most eligible to receive testing for coronavirus are those who are already very sick with something such as pneumonia, or an individual who already requires use of a respirator.
    Patients who’ve traveled to a country where the coronavirus outbreak is happening and are showing flu-like symptoms are also eligible for testing.
    Related Links

“If none of those criteria are met, then we’re not allowed to give the test,” LoVecchio said.
    “We have to ration the test; it’s not our choice. We’d love to give the test to everyone who wanted it.”
    He said when there’s a patient who qualifies for the test, the hospital contacts the Arizona Department of Health Services to do the testing.
    Patients who are tested are then placed in isolation at the hospital until test results come back.
    “They don’t give us an answer until about 3 to 5 days, which is very, very difficult,” LoVecchio said.
    “We have a few patients waiting for the answer, and they are very sick.”
    The testing for coronavirus is led by the Arizona State Public Health Laboratory, which has a capacity to test up to 450 people each day.
    Commercial testing has also started. Among the private hospitals and labs in Arizona providing testing are Mayo Clinic, TGen, and Sonora Quest Laboratories.

LoVecchio said if you’re feeling flu-like symptoms – like a cough or fever – and can’t get tested for the coronavirus, he recommends staying home and isolating yourself for 12 days.
    “And I would you tell others that you have that, I think you should,” he said. “It’s the right thing to do.”
    Or someone who plays for the Suns.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AHA estimates place it at 0.5%
    5%, with 20% for age 65+

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...195-X/fulltext

25K x more mortality than H1N1 with 0.02% (10000 dead / 50000000 infected)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_f..._United_States

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

100% expected with how far behind we are in ID'ing cases

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    35 million infections in the US isn't going to get us close to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel if heat doesn't slow it down. Gonna need somewhere from 4x to 7x that many Americans infected to get there.
    2009 H1N1 hit 50M infected, marching right through the summer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, ulative infected should ahve been 96M

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Plot it out.

Yeah, I actually view this as a positive development. Being able to diagnose the situation is the first step to getting a handle on it. Not to say that there isn't a long road ahead/won't get worse before it gets better, but this is a step in the right direction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100% expected with how far behind we are in ID'ing cases
    I'm talking about deaths and not infections found.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, ulative infected should ahve been 96M
    Do they really think these first two months is enough time to spread 96 million infections over and actually only have a 0.5% death rate? That seems really rosy if you're talking that much infection in that short a period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Do they really think these first two months is enough time to spread 96 million infections over and actually only have a 0.5% death rate? That seems really rosy if you're talking that much infection in that short a period.
    ...because all (one) can do is sight "really rosy" & hang on till it wanes. (One) cannot reach for a tried & true tool to freeze "rosy" to make (her) stay.

When has (that) amount of (no control) been with us, bum?

..."Uh, oh."

Thread Information