Page 1581 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 58110811481153115711577157815791580158115821583158415851591 ... LastLast
Results 39,501 to 39,525 of 40770
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ChangoAir... Pedro LkrFan recommended it, tbh...
    Misspelled pedo para ser siento

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paxlovid is to keep one out of serious illness, hospitalization, it does not stop rebound infections

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you get a cold, do symptoms linger for 2 years?

This cross-sectional study found that the proportion of patients with at least 1 post–COVID-19 symptom 2 years after acute infection was 59.7% for hospitalized patients and 67.5% for those not requiring hospitalization. No significant differences in post–COVID-19 symptoms were seen between hospitalized and nonhospitalized patients.
    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2798446

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With all these long covid zombies walking around, you'd think I'd know at least one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With all these long covid zombies walking around, you'd think I'd know at least one.
    i mean as long as you personally dont know any, then they certainly must not exist

isnt it crazy that your mom survived cancer but people around the world still worry about cancer for some reason?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean as long as you personally dont know any, then they certainly must not exist

isnt it crazy that your mom survived cancer but people around the world still worry about cancer for some reason?

Almost 70% have long covid, and I don't know a single one? What are the odds?

I'm doubting the numbers WH posted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Pretty good odds, I'd imagine. You never leave your pool and glass of Southern Comfort, let alone your zip code.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost 70% have long covid, and I don't know a single one? What are the odds?

I'm doubting the numbers WH posted.
    Well, you definitely know at least one, yourself. You did mention you had COVID multiple times, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, you definitely know at least one, yourself. You did mention you had COVID multiple times, right?
    Having covid multiple times != "long covid"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having covid multiple times != "long covid"
    Well, I mean, without actually testing, it's hard to tell if you're just re-infected or re-experiencing symptoms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I mean, without actually testing, it's hard to tell if you're just re-infected or re-experiencing symptoms.
    I did test.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh good, I thought you didn't care and it was just the kung-flu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Page 9 is interesting. Reminds one of the famous John Snow map of cholera outbreak in London.

http://go.nypost.com/?id=93051X15470...start%20%5B%5D

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s still true that vaccinated groups are at a lower risk of dying from a covid-19 infection than the unvaccinated when the data is adjusted for age. An analysis released by the CDC last week underscores the protection that additional booster shots offer against severe illness and death as immunity wanes.

Let’s take a look at deaths in August, when the highly contagious BA.5 variant reached its peak:

That month, unvaccinated people aged 6 months and older died at about six times the rate of those who had received their primary series of shots.

People with one booster dose were even better protected. Unvaccinated people over the age of 5 had about 8 times the risk of dying from a coronavirus infection than those who received a booster shot.

Among individuals who were eligible to receive additional booster shots, the gap is even more striking. Unvaccinated people 50 and up had 12 times the risk of dying from covid-19 than adults the same age with two or more booster doses

Great article. Thanks, Darrin!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anecdotally, I can't recall anytime in the last three years when more people I know personally were getting sick.

N95s work pretty well against all respiratory pathogens, stay healthy, y'all.

The broad consensus of peer-reviewed and published science has been straightforward: masks work. The degree depends on issues like real world compliance, study design, type of masks, and other factors. Here is a list of 27 peer-reviewed and published mask studies. Of these, 22 studies find masks are effective, 1 is inconclusive, and 4 find masks generally ineffective.
    https://billius27.substack.com/p/masks-evidence-and-use

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anecdotally, I can't recall anytime in the last three years when more people I know personally were getting sick.

N95s work pretty well against all respiratory pathogens, stay healthy, y'all.

https://billius27.substack.com/p/masks-evidence-and-use
    Anecdotally my Father just had a very close friend go to the hospital after falling and hitting his head and neck area.
    He started getting better, then got Covid while at BAMC, and died yesterday. They are now talking about extending the Covid ward.

You old dudes. Try to stay out of the hospital if you can handle an out patient procedure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anecdotally my Father just had a very close friend go to the hospital after falling and hitting his head and neck area.
    He started getting better, then got Covid while at BAMC, and died yesterday. They are now talking about extending the Covid ward.

You old dudes. Try to stay out of the hospital if you can handle an out patient procedure.
    It's amazing to me that hospitals are being so blase about it now

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's amazing to me that hospitals are being so blase about it now
    You had to be masked up but visitors were allowed.
    Even in ICU for closer family. Of course when he got Covid no visitors for 10 days until he got out of that section.
    He lived for 2 days in the Covid ICU.

It has become clear you have to advocate for yourself and your family needs to be on top of things if you cannot do so.
    Health Care in this country is NOT a priority.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Probably died of the head injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably died of the head injury.
    Are you a doctor, Darrin?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My brother and sister are. This thing is a cold/flu now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Karrin is moody as but Biden PTSD could also be to blame check but I would vote yes...

Eight long covid symptoms:

1. Mood disorders
    The COVID-19 illness itself or its effect on the body can cause mental health illness. People have developed depression and anxiety after their COVID-19 infection. For others, their preexisting mood disorder can get worse. Some ICU survivors also experience post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

2. Sleep issues
    COVID-19 survivors may experience insomnia. Some may have difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep. Others experience new-onset nightmares. Sleep apnea can be seen as well, sometimes due to weight gain from the prolonged illness.

3. Breathing problems
    Breathing is normally an unconscious process – something you do without thinking. Shortness of breath means you're consciously thinking about breathing and having difficulty doing so. Patients can experience shortness of breath after exertion or even at rest. A persistent cough is also a common post COVID-19 symptom.

4. Brain dysfunction, including brain fog
    Brain fog (or trouble concentrating) is a common long COVID-19 symptom and may persist for weeks or longer. Symptoms can include inattention, cognitive troubles, fatigue, behavioral troubles, and other neurological symptoms. Less frequently, long COVID-19 can cause chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS).

5. Heart issues
    Long after someone's original infection, they may experience chest tightness or chest pain. Heart issues can also contribute to the post COVID-19 symptoms of lightheadedness, dizziness and vertigo.

Myocarditis or heart inflammation can be seen after COVID-19 infection. Importantly, myocarditis caused by the virus tends to be much more severe than myocarditis caused by the mRNA vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna). Viral myocarditis is also far more common than vaccine myocarditis.

COVID-19 survivors can also develop a cardiovascular condition called postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS). A person with this syndrome has an unusually high heart rate after minimal activity, like standing up. 

6. Loss of taste or smell
    One alarming symptom of post-COVID syndrome is the loss of taste and smell. The vast majority of people recover their sense of smell in two or three weeks. For a smaller percentage of patients, it may take months.

7. Hair loss
    You normally lose hair in small amounts every day. But during an infection, your hair follicles get overstimulated. Then, all at once, many of the hair follicles go to a resting or shedding phase. Hair loss can also happen with other types of infections when fevers are present.

8. Skin rashes
    Viruses can affect any part of the body where blood flows, so it's not surprising that it would affect the skin, which has the most blood vessels. Skin rashes can include small bumps, discolored areas or blisters. 

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Muh long covid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My brother and sister are.
    That wasn't my question.

Thread Information