Page 159 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 591091491551561571581591601611621631692092596591159 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm talking about deaths and not infections found.
    Even then. You've had people die in a hospital setting in Jan/Feb that very likely weren't tested.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With as quickly as things have moved in 14 days and even 7 days....how likely are we to see total mandatory nationwide lock-in soon?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by vy65; 03-19-2020 at 11:27 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ~18% of infected have no symptoms

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele.../#26992d287e90

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's possible some of you already had this, recovered, and never knew it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even then. You've had people die in a hospital setting in Jan/Feb that very likely weren't tested.
    Possibly. That is at the beginning edge of the bell curve though. Number is certainly, therefore, fairly small.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With as quickly as things have moved in 14 days and even 7 days....how likely are we to see total mandatory nationwide lock-in soon?
    US is too big to do that at federal level, I think. States will have to do a de facto lockdown by declaring at the same time. Dunno. We are a couple of weeks behind italy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    got damn

CDC already telling health workers to keep working even if positive

they dont even have masks

this is bad

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The HHS report makes some of the same assumptions about the extent and effects of the coronavirus itself:

• The fact that no one is immune makes it nearly impossible to prevent, or even slow, the spread of the disease.
    • We still don’t have enough information to accurately define the spread, or the severity of the overall epidemic in the U.S.
    • State, local, and tribal authorities are going to need federal assistance and look to the federal government for consistent guidance.
    • The epidemic in the United States will likely last 18 months, or longer, and could include multiple waves of illness.

That last point, laid on top of similar predictions from the Imperial College report, is more than daunting.

Both reports are calling for a “lost year,” and then some.

A year in which many of the wheels of everyday life grind to a halt.

A year in which no one—no one—can determine the economic or societal fallout.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...tail=emaildkre

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

OAN serves up a humongous slow softball full of propaganda that the American media is siding with china -just to slander trump

leading trump to rant on a political propaganda spin job because he KNOWS how badly he mangled the coronavirus pandemic

pathetic north korean amateur garbage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no masks? no problem

CDC tells health workers to use bandanas or scarves

holy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whoever group of ppl who were in charge of stocking up masks, equipment not only needs to be fired and shame

but also arrested and tried for treason

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cadet Bonespurs calls himself a "wartime president".

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...virus-69679392

Upnext:

A fire in Congress...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's possible some of you already had this, recovered, and never knew it.
    And spread it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NYT publishes coronavirus response plan, drafted March 13th: (big pdf)

https://int.nyt.com/data/do enthel...ull.pdf#page=1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today Thursday, Desantis closed beaches, bars, restaurants, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Intelligence Chairman Raised Virus Alarms Weeks Ago, Secret Recording Shows

The chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee warned a small group of well-connected cons uents three weeks ago to prepare for dire economic and societal effects of the coronavirus, according to a secret recording obtained by NPR.

The remarks from U.S. Sen. Richard Burr were more stark than any he had delivered in more public forums.

On Feb. 27, when the United States had 15 confirmed cases of COVID-19, President Trump was tamping down fears and suggesting that the virus could be seasonal.

"It's going to disappear. One day, it's like a miracle. It will disappear," the president said then, before adding, "it could get worse before it gets better. It could maybe go away. We'll see what happens."

On that same day, Burr attended a luncheon held at a social club called the Capitol Hill Club. And he delivered a much more alarming message.

Thirteen days before the State Department began to warn against travel to Europe, and 15 days before the Trump administration banned European travelers, Burr warned those in the room to reconsider.

"Every company should be cognizant of the fact that you may have to alter your travel. You may have to look at your employees and judge whether the trip they're making to Europe is essential or whether it can be done on video conference. Why risk it?" Burr said.

Sixteen days before North Carolina closed its schools over the threat of the coronavirus, Burr warned it could happen.

"There will be, I'm sure, times that communities, probably some in North Carolina, have a transmission rate where they say, 'Let's close schools for two weeks. Everybody stay home,' " he said.

And Burr invoked the possibility that the military might be mobilized to combat the coronavirus. Only now, three weeks later, is the public learning of that prospect.

"We're going to send a military hospital there; it's going to be in tents and going to be set up on the ground somewhere," Burr said at the luncheon. "It's going to be a decision the president and DOD make. And we're going to have medical professionals supplemented by local staff to treat the people that need treatment."

Burr has a unique perspective on the government's response to a pandemic, and not just because of his role as Intelligence Committee chairman. He helped to write the Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness Act (PAHPA), which forms the framework for the federal response.

But in his public comments about the threat of COVID-19, Burr never offered the kind of precise warning that he delivered to the small group of his cons uents.

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/19/81819...ts-on-covid-19

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do they really think these first two months is enough time to spread 96 million infections over and actually only have a 0.5% death rate? That seems really rosy if you're talking that much infection in that short a period.
    There is no immunity, and no vaccine. Normal flu seasons have tens of millions of infections, and you have the "herd immunity" slowing progress.

96M is only about 33% of the population, low as far as flu seasons go.

Dunno, really don't. Remember our figures for confirmed cases is likely far too low due to the Trump administrations bungling with the widespread roll out of testing. We just don't know at this point. The actual number of infections MUST be higher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA is only now telling teams to close their training facilities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm the pussy huh? let me reiterate for your got ass, you let your ex other men while you were married. you are the very definition of a pussy blaKKKe. the very definition!

eat and die got!

Thread Information