Page 1603 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 60311031503155315931599160016011602160316041605160616071613 ... LastLast
Results 40,051 to 40,075 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The researchers propose to scan SARS-CoV genomes for potential furin cleavage sites and, where none exist, they propose to insert the appropriate cleavage sites. Specifically, they say:

”… we will introduce appropriate human-specific cleavage sites and evaluate growth potential in Vero and HAE cells”

“If I applied for funding to paint Central Park purple and was denied, but then a year later we woke up to find Central Park painted purple, I’d be a prime suspect,” said Jamie Metzl, a former executive vice president of the Asia Society, who sits on the World Health Organization’s advisory committee on human genome editing and has been calling for a transparent investigation into COVID-19’s origins.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    bioRxiv posts many COVID19-related papers. A reminder: they have not been formally peer-reviewed and should not guide health-related behavior or be reported in the press as conclusive.

Hmmm.
    You just posted an article about a racoon dogs from a pre-print that wasn't released and claimed it proved covid wasn't engineered. Not only did it never claim that, but when the pre-print was finally released it was immediately torn to shreds by scientists around the world.

Just shut the up and stop embarrassing yourself. You are in over your head nut.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just posted an article about a racoon dogs from a pre-print that wasn't released and claimed it proved covid wasn't engineered. Not only did it never claim that, but when the pre-print was finally released it was immediately torn to shreds by scientists around the world.

Just shut the up and stop embarrassing yourself. You are in over your head nut.
    Idiot.

Of course I posted an article. The article described the findings of researchers. There is even more discussion in Scientific American (https://www.scientificamerican.com/n...h-raccoon-dogs). Their position is everything they know about zoonotic virus and Covid are consistent with their findings but it will never convince idiots like you.

"Given everything else we know about the early days of COVID and everything we know about zoonotic viruses, this fits. Is this going to put the lab-leak conspiracy to bed? No. Nothing will ever do that. But I think this should help convince more reasonable scientists."

You on the other hand, you provided a bull study link when asked by ElNono for evidence.

Go off and sulk some more, idiot.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Idiot.

Of course I posted an article. The article described the findings of researchers. There is even more discussion in Scientific American (https://www.scientificamerican.com/n...h-raccoon-dogs). Their position is everything they know about zoonotic virus and Covid are consistent with their findings but it will never convince idiots like you.

"Given everything else we know about the early days of COVID and everything we know about zoonotic viruses, this fits. Is this going to put the lab-leak conspiracy to bed? No. Nothing will ever do that. But I think this should help convince more reasonable scientists."

You on the other hand, you provided a bull study link when asked by ElNono for evidence.

The pre-print that was just released from your article is being torn apart by the scientific community. It was a total study that ultimately concluded there were racoon dogs in the market...no there were racoon dogs in the market. The study never even claimed they found a racoon dog infected with covid yet somehow you came up with this gem after reading the article.

Looks like pgardn was right, covid was not engineered.
    How did you even come to that conclusion after reading the article?

I told you to just shut the up and stop embarrassing yourself but if you aren't going to listen I'll just continue to mock you for the nut you are.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    “If I applied for funding to paint Central Park purple and was denied, but then a year later we woke up to find Central Park painted purple, I’d be a prime suspect,” said Jamie Metzl, a former executive vice president of the Asia Society, who sits on the World Health Organization’s advisory committee on human genome editing and has been calling for a transparent investigation into COVID-19’s origins.
    Central Park painted itself purple naturally, duh.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Idiot.

welp...it's getting even worse for the authors of the study

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The pre-print that was just released from your article is being torn apart by the scientific community. It was a total study that ultimately concluded there were racoon dogs in the market...no there were racoon dogs in the market. The study never even claimed they found a racoon dog infected with covid yet somehow you came up with this gem after reading the article.

How did you even come to that conclusion after reading the article?

I told you to just shut the up and stop embarrassing yourself but if you aren't going to listen I'll just continue to mock you for the nut you are.

Comments from you, the ST board idiot, on another of his conspiracies.

You still have provided no evidence that the virus was engineered and lab leaked.

Is there a conspiracy that you do not believe?

Damn you are gullible idiot.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Comments from you, the ST board idiot, on another of his conspiracies.

You still have provided no evidence that the virus was engineered and lab leaked.

Is there a conspiracy that you do not believe?

It's your claim nut, or did someone else write the following?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    And there it is.

You have asserted that "a genetic footprint that has never been observed in a natural coronavirus" is a fact, and provided one study that says "we can't rule it out" and one study that is non-peer reviewed, with a collection of other works cited.

Your best evidence put forward (https://www.researchgate.net/publica...virus_Pandemic) didn't really cite any peer-reviewed evidence for this either. Read through it, and best typified by pg 97 of the pdf showing the peer-reviewed citations for his work. None of them address this hypothesis directly.

I find a hard time seeing how you have concluded this is a "fact" on so little peer-reviewed science.
    I've yet to find a single scientist saying they had seen an FCS on a SARS related CoV before SARS-CoV-2. Can you find one?

When I initially saw the viral genome, in January 2020, I noticed a pretty esoteric thing. The virus we would later call SARS-CoV-2 has something called a furin cleavage site (FCS).

The FCS, which had never before been seen in a SARS-CoV-2-related coronavirus, is a genetic feature that makes it easier for a virus to infect human cells. So, when I saw this FCS on SARS-CoV-2, I knew it was going to make it easier to infect cells and easier to evade the immune system by tunneling into neighboring cells.

Knowing FCSs were not found in nature in these SARS-related viruses I also knew that for years scientists have been artificially putting new FCSs into viruses to see what they do, and in every case I have seen, in which they published their results, it has increased infectivity, transmissibility, pathogenicity, or a combination of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't help your case as the authors of the paper had never seen a virus with the genetic make up of covid-19 when it was written. Well...maybe one of the authors had seen it as it's highly likely he helped fund and create it.
    But that's a moot point. We discover new viruses all the time. The authors of everything you post will likely have never seen a virus with the genetic makeup we're going to discover in the next year or two. That doesn't mean anything.

We study what we have, and we've known for a very long time that the leading origin of human diseases, by a long mile, is zoonotic.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've yet to find a single scientist saying they had seen an FCS on a SARS related CoV before SARS-CoV-2. Can you find one?

When I initially saw the viral genome, in January 2020, I noticed a pretty esoteric thing. The virus we would later call SARS-CoV-2 has something called a furin cleavage site (FCS).

The FCS, which had never before been seen in a SARS-CoV-2-related coronavirus, is a genetic feature that makes it easier for a virus to infect human cells. So, when I saw this FCS on SARS-CoV-2, I knew it was going to make it easier to infect cells and easier to evade the immune system by tunneling into neighboring cells.

Knowing FCSs were not found in nature in these SARS-related viruses I also knew that for years scientists have been artificially putting new FCSs into viruses to see what they do, and in every case I have seen, in which they published their results, it has increased infectivity, transmissibility, pathogenicity, or a combination of them.
    When and if you find it, what are you going to say? That the dots didn't connect or just go on to blast the source?

Absence of evidence is not evidence.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA in "flood the zone" mode again.

like clckwrk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Priceless

Great source, you magnificently triggered mother er: Paul Villanueva Accidental #OriginsofCovid hunter with 624 followers!!!!!

Keep showing everyone what an idiot you are.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    When and if you find it, what are you going to say? That the dots didn't connect or just go on to blast the source?

Absence of evidence is not evidence.
    The evidence is the FCS being seen first and only in SARS-CoV-2 and no previous SARS related viruses.

Better odds are it's zoonotic by virtue of the fact that the vast (60%+) majority of pathogens that infect humans come from there, but that's also not conclusive.
    Something that has never been seen before developed naturally in a SARS virus has better odds of being zoonotic then being engineered in a lab? lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Priceless

Great source, you magnificently triggered mother er: Paul Villanueva Accidental #OriginsofCovid hunter with 624 followers!!!!!

BioSafetyNow!

39 Following
    876 Followers

Dude just needs to post a link to the AR15.com thread where the other nuts dug up these sauces.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Priceless

I'll continue highlighting what a ing idiot you are

What part of the article led you to claim this? Be specific.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BioSafetyNow!

39 Following
    876 Followers

Dude just needs to post a link to the AR15.com thread where the other nuts dug up these sauces.

Derptacular would be proud of him.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

An international team of virus experts said Thursday that they had found genetic data from a market in Wuhan, China, linking the coronavirus with raccoon dogs for sale there, adding evidence to the case that the worst pandemic in a century could have been ignited by an infected animal that was being dealt through the illegal wildlife trade.

In recent weeks, the so-called lab leak theory, which posits that the coronavirus emerged from a research lab in Wuhan, has gained traction thanks to a new intelligence assessment from the U.S. Department of Energy and hearings led by the new Republican House leadership.

But the genetic data from the market offers some of the most tangible evidence yet of how the virus could have spilled into people from wild animals outside a lab. It also suggests that Chinese scientists have given an incomplete account of evidence that could fill in details about how the virus was spreading at the Huanan market.

New York Times paywall:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/16/s...-dogs-lab-leak

muh followers

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Derptacular would be proud of him.
    Yeah what the does the founder of biosafety know

Our Research

We study the biophysical mechanisms of gene regulation by quan atively measuring and modeling sequence-function relationships.

Our experimental work uses massively parallel reporter assays (MPRAs) to measure the effects that variant gene regulatory sequences have on gene expression. We pursue this experimental work in two biological contexts: alternative mRNA splicing in human cells and transcriptional regulation in bacteria.

Our theoretical and computational work develops methods for analyzing the data produced by MPRAs and other highly multiplexed assays. We aim to extract biophysically meaningful models of regulatory sequence function, but also to understand the quan ative nature of sequence-function relationships more broadly. These efforts include deploying robust software for use by the larger genomics community.

https://kinneylab.labsites.cshl.edu/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

muh followers
    If "several experts said the claim were misleading," your conspiracy theory must be right.

Keep rage posting, idiot!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ConfirmationBiasNow!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the right wing is accusing China of engineering and releasing a virus that the right wing claim was only the sniffles, why care now?

Thread Information