Page 1610 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 61011101510156016001606160716081609161016111612161316141620 ... LastLast
Results 40,226 to 40,250 of 40795
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You absolutely were.

You were asked last night and you refused to answer.

Why?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Because it is one of the likeliest sites to undergo changes. Its an extraordinary adaptable site and been found in multiple variants of coronaviruses and the number of changes to this site will continue to pop up the more we study it. It it the exact same site because thats where the variability ALREADY was found and made sense from a natural selection point of view. Is it the EXACT SAME SEQUENCE PROPOSED? absolutely NOT.

You just dont understand so many things. Sites, regulatory sites, coding sites are sequences that we know are important. SEQUENCES are the exact base sequence, in rna viruses using A,C,G and U. Like a sequence of ACCCCUGAGGUAA... on and on... You just dont have a clue. You need to read a whole lot more. The SEQUENCE helps us to get down to nitty gritty genealogy of simple viruses. And yes viruses are simple in their base sequence. You dont even know enough to know why this is. You just dont know this stuff. You need to stop.

There is also a whole bunch more information as to exactly why this site is important in infection in Coronaviruses (that have been around for a long time.)
    A furin cleavage site had never been found in a naturally occurring SARS-like virus is the history of studying SARS-like viruses. The only place it's been seen is in a lab that inserted it.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Last year, it was suspected that raccoon dogs were vector that permitted bat to human covid transmission.

The latest study found data previously unreleased by the Chinese. It strengthened the role of raccoon dogs in spread of covid cited in the previous study.

The map explanation, chop, chop.
    How did you not realize it was the same ing authors as the recent study you posted on racoon dogs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A furin cleavage site had never been found in a naturally occurring SARS-like virus is the history of studying SARS-like viruses. The only place it's been seen is in a lab that inserted it.
    How often can a virus mutate, TSA?

Once in a million years?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did you not realize it was the same ing authors as the recent study you posted on racoon dogs?
    I did not say anything about the authorship of the studies, stop trying to deflect.

The map explanation is pending. Chop, chop or are you en route to S. Korea?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How often can a virus mutate, TSA?

Once in a million years?
    Idiot is citing a bull study claim that was refuted:

SARS-CoV-2 furin cleavage site was not engineered.

Harrison and Sachs (1) make a serious accusation against scientists at the University of North Carolina (UNC) and the Wuhan Ins ute of Virology (WIV) based on an eight-amino-acid sequence similarity between the furin cleavage site (FCS) of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) e and one of the FCSs of human amiloride-sensitive epithelial sodium channel α subunit (ENaC) (2). Both proteins have the sequence RRARSVAS (Fig. 1A). Harrison and Sachs cite work on rat ENaC from UNC (3, 4) and suggest that the UNC and WIV coronavirologists may have mimicked human ENaC FCS to make SARS-CoV-2 more infectious for lung epithelia.

Numerous features of SARS-CoV-2 FCS demonstrate that it was not engineered to mimic human ENaC:

-Alignment of the nucleotide sequence of the SARS-CoV-2 e gene with the closest known coronavirus e gene from Laotian bat coronavirus BANAL-20-52 (5) clearly shows that four extra amino acids (PRRA), not eight, were added to the SARS-CoV-2 e protein (Fig. 1B).
    -There was an insertion of 12 nucleotides into the e gene (Fig. 1B, box) (6). This nucleotide insertion is out of frame (6, 7).
    -The insertion adds a proline not present in ENaC.
    -Except for one codon (cgu that encodes arginine 685), each of the codons for RRARSVAS is different in human ENaC and SARS-CoV-2 (Fig. 1B).
    -Five of eight amino acids (RSVAS; underlined in Fig. 1A, red box in Fig. 1C) in or near the ENaC FCS sequence shared with SARS-Cov-2 e are present in es of sarbecoviruses, such as BANAL-20-52. It would be illogical to use the FCS from ENac rather than from a FCS of another coronavirus.

Harrison and Sachs’s (1) claim that alignment of sarbecovirus e amino acid sequences illustrates“the unusual nature of the [SARS-CoV-2] FCS” is misleading. FCSs are common in coronaviruses, and present in representatives of four out of five betacoronavirus subgenuses (8). The highly variable nature of the S1/S2 junction is easily ascertained by inspecting a precise alignment of sarbecovirus es (Fig. 1C).

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2211107119

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I did not say anything about the authorship of the studies, stop trying to deflect.

Did you know it was the same authors?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Idiot is citing a bull study claim that was refuted:

SARS-CoV-2 furin cleavage site was not engineered.

Harrison and Sachs (1) make a serious accusation against scientists at the University of North Carolina (UNC) and the Wuhan Ins ute of Virology (WIV) based on an eight-amino-acid sequence similarity between the furin cleavage site (FCS) of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) e and one of the FCSs of human amiloride-sensitive epithelial sodium channel α subunit (ENaC) (2). Both proteins have the sequence RRARSVAS (Fig. 1A). Harrison and Sachs cite work on rat ENaC from UNC (3, 4) and suggest that the UNC and WIV coronavirologists may have mimicked human ENaC FCS to make SARS-CoV-2 more infectious for lung epithelia.

Numerous features of SARS-CoV-2 FCS demonstrate that it was not engineered to mimic human ENaC:

-Alignment of the nucleotide sequence of the SARS-CoV-2 e gene with the closest known coronavirus e gene from Laotian bat coronavirus BANAL-20-52 (5) clearly shows that four extra amino acids (PRRA), not eight, were added to the SARS-CoV-2 e protein (Fig. 1B).
    -There was an insertion of 12 nucleotides into the e gene (Fig. 1B, box) (6). This nucleotide insertion is out of frame (6, 7).
    -The insertion adds a proline not present in ENaC.
    -Except for one codon (cgu that encodes arginine 685), each of the codons for RRARSVAS is different in human ENaC and SARS-CoV-2 (Fig. 1B).
    -Five of eight amino acids (RSVAS; underlined in Fig. 1A, red box in Fig. 1C) in or near the ENaC FCS sequence shared with SARS-Cov-2 e are present in es of sarbecoviruses, such as BANAL-20-52. It would be illogical to use the FCS from ENac rather than from a FCS of another coronavirus.

Harrison and Sachs’s (1) claim that alignment of sarbecovirus e amino acid sequences illustrates“the unusual nature of the [SARS-CoV-2] FCS” is misleading. FCSs are common in coronaviruses, and present in representatives of four out of five betacoronavirus subgenuses (8). The highly variable nature of the S1/S2 junction is easily ascertained by inspecting a precise alignment of sarbecovirus es (Fig. 1C).

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2211107119
    SARS-like coronaviruses you ing idiot. A furin cleavage site had never been seen in a naturally occurring SARS-like coronavirus until SARS-CoV-2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you know it was the same authors?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    muh map

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The source data for your map is China CDC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SARS-like coronaviruses you ing idiot. A furin cleavage site had never been seen in a naturally occurring SARS-like coronavirus until SARS-CoV-2.
    Learn to read: FCSs are common in coronaviruses. Idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idiot, your map source was the Chinese weibo social media platform, remember? Oh, the irony or were you just drunk, again?

Figure 5: Spatial distribution of Weibo social media platform users who used COVID-19 assistance channel, a web application people searched when looking for flu-like symptoms, from Dec. 20, 2019 to Jan. 18, 202

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where do you get your data about the spread of a disease in China?

Iceland?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is absolutely wrong.

The difference is the base sequence.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    There are 7 different human coronaviruses.

Learn to read, I even bolded it for you. They were never common in SARS-like coronaviruses, never.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    This is absolutely wrong.

The difference is the base sequence.
    Holy not only have you solved the origins of Covid you are also the first person to find a FCS in a naturally occurring SARS-like virus. Please share your amazing discovery. Which SARS-like virus did you find with a FCS?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    muh map

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darrin posted a map.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are 7 different human coronaviruses.

Learn to read, I even bolded it for you. They were never common in SARS-like coronaviruses, never.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Learn to read: There are 7 different human coronaviruses. A FCS had never been seen naturally occurring in a SARS-like coronavirus until covid. Facts, idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would prevent an FCS from happening in a natural mutation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Learn to read: There are 7 different human coronaviruses. A FCS had never been seen naturally occurring in a SARS-like coronavirus until covid. Facts, idiot.
    Covid is a coronavirus, fact. FCSs are common in coronaviruses, fact. Learn to read. Idiot.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy not only have you solved the origins of Covid you are also the first person to find a FCS in a naturally occurring SARS-like virus. Please share your amazing discovery. Which SARS-like virus did you find with a FCS?
    You are a fkn idiot. You still dont get the difference between a site and a sequence. There are numerous furin cleavage sites. Its the sequence that makes them different. The function of the site pretty much the same.

248 separate Coronaviruses with 86 DIVERSIFIED furin cleavage sites (diverse in SEQUENCE). That have been detected in 24 animal hosts including humans in 28 countries. And this is only one article.

Suggestion: Google Furin cleavage sites in Coronaviruses.
    You keep making the same mistake. Please stop. Im gonna have to get back and then you will launch off on some other piece of stupidity.
    And thank you for praising my ability to look up details on the internet.

You also have no fkn clue what evolutionary trees are made through sites and sequencing nucleic acids

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Covid is a coronavirus, fact. FCSs are common in coronaviruses, fact. Learn to read. Idiot.
    Ok then this should be easy for you since they are so common. Show me a SARS-like coronavirus with a FCS that was found before covid. Chop chop.

Thread Information