Page 1621 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 62111211521157116111617161816191620162116221623162416251631 ... LastLast
Results 40,501 to 40,525 of 40782
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Of course your article has Peter Daszak and Ralph Baric who pushed the proximal origin paper in Nature

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What you dont get is nature performs these experiments with viruses every second of every day.
    And nature comes up with fantastic spreading machines such as the common cold viruses.
    We still cant come up with better spreaders than evolution. Its odd that you cant understand this.

You really dont understand how powerful evolution and natural selection are in the natural world.
    Inventions we would never even dream of on the molecular level. Once we see how they actually work.
    And how we would have never predicted such unique molecular fits. these never even occurred to us.
    In all of history, evolution hasn't produced a coronavirus like Sars-CoV-2 capable of infecting so many taxa with zero evolutionary steps

When nature finally did produce Sars-CoV-2, it just coincidentally did it right next to a biolab that was researching and modifying coronaviruses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In all of history, evolution hasn't produced a coronavirus like Sars-CoV-2 capable of infecting so many taxa with zero evolutionary steps

When nature finally did produce Sars-CoV-2, it just coincidentally did it right next to a biolab that was researching and modifying coronaviruses.
    Re take

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Related:

Biden missed deadline for declassifying intelligence on Wuhan lab and origins of COVID-19

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...igins-covid-19
    Biden just needs to declare it declassified out loud like Trump. Magic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is at best misleading, and at worst false. Humans discovered the first coronavirus in 1965, so it makes sense we see this type of viruses as novel. The lab didn't exist then.

So, in all of history, nature didn't come up with a coronavirus until 60 years ago, before any Wuhan lab. You can make the same claim about nature on any number of viruses, pretty much.

COVID shows the same evolutionary paths as any other virus, including different mutations and strains, which is well do ented.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course your article has Peter Daszak and Ralph Baric who pushed the proximal origin paper in Nature
    Cool. And wtf difference does it make? It gets a point across you still dont understand.

Now read this you fkn idiot...

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...department-fbi
    Last edited by pgardn; 06-23-2023 at 02:09 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID shows the same evolutionary paths as any other virus, including different mutations and strains, which is well do ented.
    You're saying because Sars-CoV-2 underwent minor evolutionary changes after it magically appeared it's the same as any other virus. It's a ridiculous argument based on either ignorance or intentional deception. I think it's the former considering you went a long time believing Sars-CoV-2 was going to be eradicated with vaccines like smallpox and polio despite all evidence.

So, in all of history, nature didn't come up with a coronavirus until 60 years ago, before any Wuhan lab. You can make the same claim about nature on any number of viruses, pretty much.
    That's just re ed. Coronaviruses didn't exist until we had the technology to identify them .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

wtf are you even thinking about? viruses that infect primates have been around for a long time, as long as primates. you dont think mass extinctions or population reductions happen via viruses in natural settings? You think human beings as we know them, were not infected by different viruses that killed many off diff human populations across a wide range 100,000 years ago, the worst happen right NOW?

This is so fkn stupid its insane. It makes no sense to talk to these idiots. Once you say the word "evolution", the discussion has already become extraordinarily nuanced so as to render snaked AND mr. biomolecule TSA free of understanding any type of biological argument.
    Last edited by pgardn; 06-23-2023 at 02:14 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wtf are you even thinking about? viruses that infect primates have been around for a long time, as long as primates. you dont think mass extinctions or population reductions happen via viruses in natural settings? You think human beings as we know them, were not infected by different viruses that killed many off diff human populations across a wide range 100,000 years ago, the worst happen right NOW?

This is so fkn stupid its insane. It makes no sense to talk to these idiots. Once you say the word "evolution", the discussion has already become extraordinarily nuanced so as to render snaked AND mr. biomolecule TSA free of understanding any type of biological argument.
    That not what was said. You're dodging.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at these HEADLINES/;

NOVEL VIRUS INFECTS PENGUINS

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5512496/

Well holy . China has new research lab in ANTARTICA!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That not what was said. You're dodging.
    Im not dodging anything. Humans ARE primates.
    You dont get it.
    Read... for fks sake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back to work.
    Hope to check in again for laughs and then tears.
    Our education system has failed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at these HEADLINES/;

NOVEL VIRUS INFECTS PENGUINS

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5512496/

Well holy . China has new research lab in ANTARTICA!
    Avulaviruses are primarily endemic bird viruses. None of them infect and transmit among a broad array of taxa like Sars-CoV-2. Try again.
    Last edited by SnakeBoy; 06-23-2023 at 02:45 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're saying because Sars-CoV-2 underwent minor evolutionary changes after it magically appeared it's the same as any other virus. It's a ridiculous argument based on either ignorance or intentional deception. I think it's the former considering you went a long time believing Sars-CoV-2 was going to be eradicated with vaccines like smallpox and polio despite all evidence.
    There's nothing magical about new viruses appearing and behaving like any other viruses, happens all the time and that's the point. That's actually a very concise part of evolution. Thanks for also walking back the claim it didn't undergo evolutionary changes.

Neither Polio or smallpox were ever completely eradicated, so I'm pretty confident that's a claim I didn't make. What I did say is that having working vaccines and treatments overall that reduced the incidence of infections would eventually make the disease a rarity, which is what happens with Polio and smallpox nowadays.

Time will tell if I'm correct on that, but the trend is certainly promising.

That's just re ed. Coronaviruses didn't exist until we had the technology to identify them .
    I was mocking your very claim. I agree that the notion that nature didn't produce a coronavirus like Sars-CoV-2 is a re ed claim

Sorry this is happening to you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that the notion that nature didn't produce a coronavirus like Sars-CoV-2 is a re ed claim
    Other than Sars-CoV-2, name the coronavirus that infects and transmits among a broad array of unrelated species. I'll wait.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Cool. And wtf difference does it make? It gets a point across you still dont understand.

Now read this you fkn idiot...

Article written by Michael Worobey

Worobey is one of the main pushers of the proximal origin paper and the people quoted in his article Anderson and Garry were the authors of the proximal origin paper. This article also quotes Worobey's co-auther Eddie Holmes who was the one pushing the Racoon Dog theory

These are the same people who had the secret conference call with Fauci before authoring and pushing the proximal origin paper.

fkn idiot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other than Sars-CoV-2, name the coronavirus that infects and transmits among a broad array of unrelated species. I'll wait.
    Don't have to wait too long. MERS is certainly one, found in humans, bats and camels, amongst other species.

But why restrict it to just coronaviruses? After all, it's merely just one group of viruses. Plenty of other viruses like the flu who has been around for much longer that also infects and transmits among a broad array of unrelated species.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't have to wait too long. MERS is certainly one, found in humans, bats and camels, amongst other species.
    MERS is an endemic camel coronavirus that occasionally infects camel ers who drink their piss. It's poorly transmissible in humans or other species. Try again.

Sars-CoV-2 is now endemic in a whole array of unrelated species which I've already shown you. There's no other coronavirus like it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Article written by Michael Worobey

Worobey is one of the main pushers of the proximal origin paper and the people quoted in his article Anderson and Garry were the authors of the proximal origin paper. This article also quotes Worobey's co-auther Eddie Holmes who was the one pushing the Racoon Dog theory

These are the same people who had the secret conference call with Fauci before authoring and pushing the proximal origin paper.

fkn idiot
    You have absolutely no clue about these guys. Or Fauci.
    These are some of the best in the business at what they do and YOU, pizza boy, says they are worthless?
    You take on fields you were not trained in and cant learn either.
    You have no clue what you read or what you write. You understand close to zero on this subject.
    Worthless piece of ....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Avulaviruses are primarily endemic bird viruses. None of them infect and transmit among a broad array of taxa like Sars-CoV-2. Try again.
    Thats part of the idiocy you clown.
    This is a virus that only is found in specific birds? Its NOVEL. How the did it come about?
    Many, many viruses can be traced because they have small amounts of genetic material and they give themselves up easily as long as one looks at enough closely related animals like vertebrates. And there are an absolute butt load of vertebrates. So because we cant find the right penguin virus as of this article it must also be produced in a lab? Or poof by God. Just like the first living cell?
    This is part of how nature does it, jumping from species to species IS VERY COMMON. The only reason you think Covid is so special is because it caused a pandemic. You refuse to see how the rest of the viruses work because the Covid virus is definitively a lab leak case. THIS TOTAL THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT ONE WOULD DO IN LOOKING FOR ORIGINS. The virus that produces COVID DID NOT arrive poof. I mean why even use RNA as the genetic material in a Covid virus if people can just as easily manipulate DNA and viral DNA genes. DNA viruses appear not to mutate as quickly as RNA virus but fk that, we can make anything. The skies the limit because people and God make everything. Evolution through natural selection is a hoax, especially in human disease. That should get your ass thrown completely out of every hospital that deals with nosocomial infections. You just dont get it.

You keep thinking these things are magic creatures created by man because they cause diseases in man? That is just totally wacked. You know zero about viruses and origins. You think its poof magic because EVOLUTION is staring you right in the face because you are, a creationist at heart. Dont ever go near a school board when they are deciding on biology books. You are the perfect example of the dumbing down of the United States.
    Last edited by pgardn; 06-23-2023 at 10:09 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Fauci is a ty scientist because he crossed Trump.
    Because Trump knows all the best people.
    And Trump is a expert in every field. Everyone says he is brilliant. I mean I heard him say he is the smartest guy in the room so he must be.
    He knows better than military generals, scientists, economists, doctors, everyone!

Trump was gonna solve healthcare, Trump was gonna solve a crumbling infrastructure except... "who knew they were going to be so difficult?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MERS is an endemic camel coronavirus that occasionally infects camel ers who drink their piss. It's poorly transmissible in humans or other species. Try again.

Sars-CoV-2 is now endemic in a whole array of unrelated species which I've already shown you. There's no other coronavirus like it.
    Why does that matter at all? You asked for coronavirus that "infects and transmits among a broad array of unrelated species", MERS fits that description: humans, bats and camels.

Whether a virus is more or less contagious or, for that matter, that's part of the group of coronaviruses is simply an arbitrary distinction.

COVID is a virus just like other viruses, with it's own set of peculiarities, evolves like other viruses, but is still a virus.

AIDS was a novel virus as well, with it's own set of properties, but nobody doubts it's a virus or that it was lab-made, and when we found it, it was novel as well.

Again, this is all fairly common. And we're likely to find new viruses all the time as well. That's exactly what evolution tells us to expect.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats part of the idiocy you clown.
    This is a virus that only is found in specific birds? Its NOVEL. How the did it come about?
    Many, many viruses can be traced because they have small amounts of genetic material and they give themselves up easily as long as one looks at enough closely related animals like vertebrates. And there are an absolute butt load of vertebrates. So because we cant find the right penguin virus as of this article it must also be produced in a lab? Or poof by God. Just like the first living cell?
    This is part of how nature does it, jumping from species to species IS VERY COMMON. The only reason you think Covid is so special is because it caused a pandemic. You refuse to see how the rest of the viruses work because the Covid virus is definitively a lab leak case. THIS TOTAL THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT ONE WOULD DO IN LOOKING FOR ORIGINS. The virus that produces COVID DID NOT arrive poof. I mean why even use RNA as the genetic material in a Covid virus if people can just as easily manipulate DNA and viral DNA genes. DNA viruses appear not to mutate as quickly as RNA virus but fk that, we can make anything. The skies the limit because people and God make everything. Evolution through natural selection is a hoax, especially in human disease. That should get your ass thrown completely out of every hospital that deals with nosocomial infections. You just dont get it.

You keep thinking these things are magic creatures created by man because they cause diseases in man? That is just totally wacked. You know zero about viruses and origins. You think its poof magic because EVOLUTION is staring you right in the face because you are, a creationist at heart. Dont ever go near a school board when they are deciding on biology books. You are the perfect example of the dumbing down of the United States.
    Incoherent rant. Another dodge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Incoherent rant. Another dodge.
    Of course.

Bottom line.
    You dont understand evolution through natural selection.
    And if something is really bad for humans it must be created by a lab or God or both.

You were most likely the part of the red team that thought AIDS was a plague created by God.
    Were really that old and that stupid that far back?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden administration releases intelligence on Wuhan lab
    The 10-page do ent reveals no proof of either a lab leak or an animal host.

American intelligence agencies don’t know how the Covid-19 pandemic started, declassified intelligence says.

The Office of the Director of National Intelligence in a report released today said that all agencies of the government “continue to assess that both a natural and laboratory-associated origin remain plausible hypotheses to explain the first human infection.”

The report acknowledges that researchers at China’s Wuhan Ins ute of Virology, where scientists conducted coronavirus research in the city where Covid first emerged, fell ill in the fall of 2019, shortly before the pandemic began.

The Wall Street Journal, confirming reporting by journalists at the Substack blog Public, reported last week that one of the sick researchers, Ben Hu, had worked on coronaviruses with U.S. funding.

Advocates of the lab leak theory seized on the news as near-definitive proof that their hypothesis was correct.

But the intelligence report says it’s not so certain.

While several Wuhan Ins ute of Virology researchers “fell mildly ill in Fall 2019,” the report acknowledges, “they experienced a range of symptoms consistent with colds or allergies with accompanying symptoms typically not associated with COVID-19, and some of them were confirmed to have been sick with other illnesses unrelated to COVID-19.”

The report does confirm that the Wuhan lab did not always adhere to safety protocols in studying coronaviruses.

The intelligence agencies also say that ins ute researchers have genetically engineered coronaviruses, but the agencies do not have information showing the researchers worked on the strain that led to the pandemic.

The report says the Wuhan ins ute is known to have collaborated with the Chinese Army, but only on defensive projects related to improving China’s biosecurity and early disease warning capabilities.

The report also confirms the disagreement among U.S. agencies, with the National Intelligence Council and other intelligence agencies favoring the natural origin theory, while the FBI and Energy Department favor the lab leak hypothesis. The CIA has not taken a position.

The intelligence was released to comply with a law Congress passed unanimously and President Joe Biden signed in March.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/0...n-lab-00103523

Thread Information