Page 1628 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 6281128152815781618162416251626162716281629163016311632 LastLast
Results 40,676 to 40,700 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Possibly even in your zip code.

Who cares, tbh?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    tbh? Certainly not the 3/4 of a million Americans (and counting) that Biden has already killed after assuring them: "I'll shut it down."

Uh, uh. Nope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Runge cared enough to close schools temporarily.

Thousands of people getting sick is probably inconvenient, at a minimum, more so for the 5-10% of people who will suffer chronic symptoms. Presumably people also care about their kids and loved ones going to the ER, like anyone would for anything.

Disease is a drag, widespread disease even more so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just say you don't care, Darrin. That's more accurate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the evidence that COVID-19 is among other things a neurodegenerative disease is firming up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Evidence that COVID s up your immune system keeps piling up too.

“In this large, matched cohort study, COVID-19 was associated with an increased risk of being newly diagnosed with autoimmune disease 3 to 15 months after SARS-CoV-2 infection,” Tesch and colleagues wrote. “The strength of the association with SARS-CoV-2 infection was most pronounced for autoimmune diseases in the vasculitis group.”
    The cohort included patients who had received a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis from a PCR test from Jan. 1, 2020, to June 30, 2021. The control group, meanwhile, was comprised of patients without a confirmed infection. Patients with COVID-19 were matched 1:3 to control participants based on age, biological sex and whether there was a history of autoimmune diseases. The researchers assessed a total of 64 potential health outcomes, including 41 autoimmune diseases. The follow-up period spanned 3 to 15 months after confirmed diagnosis.

The analysis included 641,704 patients with previous COVID-19 infections. According to the researchers, patients with COVID-19 (IR = 15.05; 95% CI, 14.69-15.42) demonstrated a 42.63% higher likelihood of developing autoimmunity following the acute infection phase, compared with the control population (IR = 10.55; 95% CI, 10.25-10.86).
    https://archive.ph/2023.09.01-005916...933.0-1935.336

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Evidence that COVID s up your immune system keeps piling up too.

https://archive.ph/2023.09.01-005916...933.0-1935.336
    I'll boil it down, Winester..."I'll shut it down." - Biden

Uh, uh. Nope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anecdotal from some cancer docs, persistent inflammation and immune derangement might be contributing factors.

Kashyap Patel, MD, CEO of Carolina Blood and Cancer Care Associates, sees something different in his practice since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic—not just with cancer care, but with cancer itself.

Since March 2020, the longtime community oncologist has seen multiple patients in his Rock Hill, South Carolina, based-clinic with cholangiocarcinoma, and these patients are developing the rare cancer 20 to 30 years earlier than the typical age at presentation, which is usually 65 years or older.1 In the past year alone, physicians in Patel’s practice saw 7 patients with this cancer, and 3 have died.

It is not just a single cancer type, either. Patel and his colleagues, both in the United States and those he knows overseas, have seen patients with rapidly progressing cancers of several types, such as breast cancer and renal cell carcinoma. During an interview with Evidence-Based Oncology™(EBO), Patel said several did not even have time to receive treatment and died within weeks of diagnosis.

Among these was a patient aged 26 years with rapidly progressing triple-negative breast cancer. Another patient developed systemic inflammatory response syndrome, which can be caused by an infection, inflammation, or pancrea is, and is often seen in patients with lung cancer.2 The patient was 51 when he died 4 weeks after receiving a diagnosis, making him 15 years younger than the typical patient with this condition.3

Patel said one his colleagues told him that he cannot keep up with the volume of new patients presenting with prostate cancer at his practice in India.

“The trend is getting more and more alarming,” Patel emphasized. “We are noticing trends in hematological malignancies, breast cancer, colorectal carcinoma, and pancreatic cancer.”
    https://www.ajmc.com/view/kashyap-pa...marker-testing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID-related renal and cardiac disease have already been clocked. Thromboembolism too. You don't have to be scared, but being unwary of COVID is probably foolish.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    COVID-related renal and cardiac disease have already been clocked. Thromboembolism too. You don't have to be scared, but being unwary of COVID is probably foolish.
    I'll boil it down, Winester..."I'll shut it down." - Biden

Uh, uh. Nope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Long lasting mitochondrial damage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for Long Covid paitients presenting with myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome, very few (about 12%) had recovered two years post infection, in this study:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/e...323-1/fulltext

“Unfortunately, our data show that people with post-COVID syndrome who have severe fatigue are still ill more than a year and a half after the initial infection,” says Dr. Judith Bellmann-Strobl, the study’s last author and a senior physician with the Neuroimmunology Outpatient Clinic at the Experimental and Clinical Research Center (ECRC), a joint ins ution of Charité and the Max Delbrück Center. “Only half of them – the half that do not present with the full range of symptoms of ME/CFS – experience gradual improvement in at least some symptoms.”
    https://scitechdaily.com/long-haul-a...re-long-covid/
    Last edited by Winehole23; 09-07-2023 at 03:31 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sanitizing water in the 19th and early 20th century was a vast undertaking, but we decided not having continual outbreaks of cholera in population centers was worth it -- and it is.

90% of people work inside, and very many go to school indoors. Improving the quality of indoor air would have untold economic and human health benefits. We're technically capable of doing it, all that's lacking is the political will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Living with respiratory diseases, just like living with water-borne disease, is a political choice, not a necessity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strong correlation with gastrointestinal disease.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    funny, i dont see democrats putting a strangle hold on America and the economy like they did under Trump when covid rose its deadly head,,,nope, no business closures or mask mandates this time around,,,,no way,,,no chance this close to a presidential election for democrats,,,,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID is airborne.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    funny, i dont see democrats putting a strangle hold on America and the economy like they did under Trump when covid rose its deadly head,,,nope, no business closures or mask mandates this time around,,,,no way,,,no chance this close to a presidential election for democrats,,,,,
    Nope.

Biden and the CDC have shirked public health for political reasons.

His COVID policy is democidal dog . At least Trump greased the skids for an effective vaccine.

Y'all made disease control taboo, then Biden normalized the taboo.

It's civilizationally decadent to pose disease mitigation as the problem during an ongoing global pandemic.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 09-08-2023 at 03:10 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Continuity, not change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SARS-CoV-2 is a biosafety level 3 biohazard.

But sure, go hotbox it at the doctor's office.

The CDC has recently outlined biosafety guidelines specific to SARS-CoV-2 isolates or cultures, recommending that virus isolation and characterization of viral agents from SAR-CoV-2 specimens must be processed within a BSL-3 laboratory space using BSL-3 procedures. However, they have also recommended that a BSL-2 laboratory may perform routine diagnostic testing (refer to CDC for list of tests) of specimens using Standard Precautions. Further, CDC recommends procedures like virus concentration, precipitation or filtration may be performed in a unidirectional air-flow BSL-2 provided certain BSL-3 precautions and procedures are followed.
    https://consteril.com/biosafety-leve...d-19-research/

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope.

Biden and the CDC have shirked public health for political reasons.

His COVID policy is democidal dog . At least Trump greased the skids for an effective vaccine.

Y'all made disease control taboo, then Biden normalized the taboo.

It's civilizationally decadent to pose disease mitigation as the problem during an ongoing global pandemic.

lmao,,,what do you mean normalized the taboo? You implying Biden and you democrats are now saying its ok to kill people infected?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao,,,what do you mean normalized the taboo? You implying Biden and you democrats are now saying its ok to kill people infected?
    protection for the old, the sick, disabled and immunocompromised folks has been completely deemphasized in public spaces, even in doctors offices and hospitals.

so yeah, I'd say they're all back in the sacrifice zone by political choice. so-called essential workers have always been there. there was a lot of casual disregard for death baked into the old normal, if anything that obliviousness has grown.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Hemi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cali HS football games canceled due to outbreaks.

https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/n...ovid-outbreak/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Multiple Texas schools have also had to postpone games this weekend. One Texas school district even had to switch to 6-on-6 football games due to a “Covid outbreak,” across schools.
    https://www.outkick.com/covid-is-bac...ed-cases-rise/

Thread Information