Page 1629 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 629112915291579161916251626162716281629163016311632 LastLast
Results 40,701 to 40,725 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Out kick might not be a reliable source..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Public health is the bugbear -- not disease. Even for the Biden administration.

Low cost, effective mitigation of harm is seen as more harmful than the disease itself, which is still rampant worldwide and will continue to sicken, disable and kill people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "it's just a cold"

Patients with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) present increased risk for ischemic cardiovascular complications up to 1 year after infection. Although the systemic inflammatory response to severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infection likely contributes to this increased cardiovascular risk, whether SARS-CoV-2 directly infects the coronary vasculature and attendant atherosclerotic plaques remains unknown. Here we report that SARS-CoV-2 viral RNA is detectable and replicates in coronary lesions taken at autopsy from severe COVID-19 cases. SARS-CoV-2 targeted plaque macro es and exhibited a stronger tropism for arterial lesions than adjacent perivascular fat, correlating with macro e infiltration levels. SARS-CoV-2 entry was increased in cholesterol-loaded primary macro es and dependent, in part, on neuropilin-1. SARS-CoV-2 induced a robust inflammatory response in cultured macro es and human atherosclerotic vascular explants with secretion of cytokines known to trigger cardiovascular events. Our data establish that SARS-CoV-2 infects coronary vessels, inducing plaque inflammation that could trigger acute cardiovascular complications and increase the long-term cardiovascular risk.
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s44161-023-00336-5#Sec7

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "it's just a cold"

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Out kick might not be a reliable source..
    Public health is the bugbear -- not disease. Even for the Biden administration.

Low cost, effective mitigation of harm is seen as more harmful than the disease itself, which is still rampant worldwide and will continue to sicken, disable and kill people.

"it's just a cold"

"I'll shut it down." - Biden

Uh, uh. Nope.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Nobel Prize goes to scientists behind mRNA Covid vaccines

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-66983060

Tough couple weeks for Joey. First the news that he works for his mom, and now this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correlates with liver damage and disease, even in otherwise healthy people.

The literature is full of cases demonstrating acute liver injury weeks after recuperation from COVID-19 in otherwise healthy people.¹⁵

Multiple studies have revealed damage in multiple organs, including the liver, in up to 70% of people after COVID-19. This statistic is 59% after one year, including in those with mild infections.¹⁶ ¹⁷

More and more evidence is ac ulating to show that the virus or remnants of it are found in tissues after recovery from acute COVID-19. This indicates the possibility of “viral reservoirs” in the development of long COVID. The phenomenon of viral reservoirs has been extensively demonstrated in the liver alongside other gastrointestinal organs.¹⁸ Liver damage may therefore continue after you have recovered from acute COVID-19.¹⁹
    https://healthmatch.io/liver-disease...amage#overview

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "it's just a cold"

WHO GIVES A ABOUT SOME PRIZE GIVEN TO YOUR CRAZY LIB SCIENTISTS THAT HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT. THEY CAN DIE FOR ALL I CARE.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    WHO GIVES A ABOUT SOME PRIZE GIVEN TO YOUR CRAZY LIB SCIENTISTS THAT HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT. THEY CAN DIE FOR ALL I CARE.
    Sure, absolutely, once-upon-a-time these prizes were respected, devoutly so, but, as usual MSM, in tight association with the Liberals (your in' people, Blake) infiltrated them, corrupted them and turned them. Everything you s touch---turns to .

American Democracy, indeed.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Sure, absolutely, once-upon-a-time these prizes were respected, devoutly so, but, as usual MSM, in tight association with the Liberals (your in' people, Blake) infiltrated them, corrupted them and turned them. Everything you s touch---turns to .

American Democracy, indeed.
    Qualifying? Looks like lodging an asterisk.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Qualifying? Looks like lodging an asterisk.
    I don't do asterisks, ever. It's my religion.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I don't do asterisks, ever. It's my religion.
    We can overlook this one.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We can overlook this one.
    Don't start, Lue. We just buried the perverbial hatchet. I don't want it dug up again and chasing each other with the damn thing. I'm too old for that malarkey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is a preprint, but the the study size is large. evidence for the correlation of immune derangement and SARS2 infection keeps piling up.

Abstract

Objectives

To investigate whether the risk of developing an incident autoimmune disease is increased in patients with previous COVID-19 disease compared to people without COVID-19.

Method

A cohort was selected from German routine health care data covering 38.9 million individuals. Based on do ented diagnoses, we identified individuals with polymerase chain reaction (PCR)-confirmed COVID-19 through December 31, 2020. Patients were matched 1:3 to control patients without COVID-19. Both groups were followed up until June 30, 2021. We used the four quarters preceding the index date until the end of follow-up to analyze the onset of autoimmune diseases during the post-acute period. Incidence rates (IR) per 1000 person-years were calculated for each outcome and patient group. Poisson models were deployed to estimate the incidence rate ratios (IRRs) of developing an autoimmune disease conditional on a preceding diagnosis of COVID-19.

Results

In total, 641,704 patients with COVID-19 were included. Comparing the incidence rates in the COVID-19 (IR=15.05, 95% CI: 14.69-15.42) and matched control groups (IR=10.55, 95% CI: 10.25-10.86), we found a 42.63% higher likelihood of acquiring autoimmunity for patients who had suffered from COVID-19. This estimate was similar for common autoimmune diseases, such as Hashimoto thyroiditis, rheumatoid arthritis, or Sjögren syndrome. The highest IRR was observed for autoimmune disease of the vasculitis group. Patients with a more severe course of COVID-19 were at a greater risk for incident autoimmune diseases.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....25.23285014v1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID may infect the central nervous system even in subclinical cases.

"It's just a cold"

In this study, researchers from the Ins ut Pasteur and Université Paris Cité have demonstrated, in an animal model, that a panel of SARS-CoV-2 variants of interest (the original strain of the virus first detected in Wuhan and the gamma, delta and omicron/BA.1 variants) can enter the central nervous system and remain there during the acute phase of the infection.

The researchers observed that all these variants spread to the central nervous system and infect the olfactory bulb, a structure located in the cranial cavity that processes olfactory information before transmitting it to the cortex.

"In this study, we demonstrated that infection of the olfactory bulb is common to all variants and not linked to any particular one, nor to any particular clinical manifestation such as anosmia," explains Guilherme Dias de Melo, first author of the study and researcher in the Ins ut Pasteur's Lyssavirus, Epidemiology and Neuropathology Unit.

Moreover, the researchers identified a genetic sequence linked to anosmia in the ancestral (Wuhan) virus. When this genetic sequence, which encodes the ORF7ab protein, is deleted or truncated—which is the case in certain variants less likely to produce anosmia—the incidence of olfactory loss in infected animals is lower even though the degree of neuronal infection via the olfactory bulbs remains unchanged.

"This suggests that anosmia and neuronal infection are two unrelated phenomena," says Guilherme Dias de Melo. "If we follow this line of reasoning, it is quite possible that even an asymptomatic—and therefore clinically benign—infection is characterized by the spread of the virus in the nervous system."
    https://medicalxpress.com/news/2023-...ns-infect.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pussies!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indoor air quality in the 21st century is (or could be) analogous to the importance of water sanitation in the 20th century.

it's not just about SARS2, the burden of respiratory disease in general could be massively reduced, and social productivity correspondingly increased.

what's so wrong with being healthier and more productive?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Indoor air quality in the 21st century is (or could be) analogous to the importance of water sanitation in the 20th century.

it's not just about SARS2, the burden of respiratory disease in general could be massively reduced, and social productivity correspondingly increased.

what's so wrong with being healthier and more productive?

Look at Winester, actin' all high & mighty. Ya look pisser, ya little crapper, you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but muh sequelae

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No , Sherlock.

CoVID is still a top five cause of death not counting sequelae.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 years ago it wasn't even on the scoreboard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No , Sherlock.

CoVID is still a top five cause of death not counting sequelae.
    Sure bud, whatever you say chicken .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eugenics is about the relative disposability of people. The popular and public health responses to SARS2 underscore the persistence of at udes wholly consistent with it.

"it only kills old people"

"they had an underlying condition"

"they were fat"

The hidden history of eugenics continues to affect the world today. Our nationwide response to COVID-19 illustrates how public health policies and medical practice are still guided by a belief system disadvantaging the captive and vulnerable. Premised on a subconscious blueprint of eugenic thinking, our COVID-19 response has highlighted an underclass of the “unfit” and “undervalued,” whose lives are literally treated as less valuable. Although we stopped formally espousing eugenics after its embrace by Nazi powers, its philosophy continued to thrive post WWII.

We have continued to practice the tenets of eugenics in a variety of ways. Our poor treatment of and continuing incarceration of many physically and intellectually/developmentally disabled individuals, in long-term care homes, mental ins utions, and nursing homes, still reflects our instinct to segregate and detain those citizens who are not physically, psychologically, or intellectual “fit.” Accordingly, it should be no surprise that our response to COVID-19 uses the familiar blueprint of eugenics, with predictable consequences for the captive and vulnerable, who are pushed to the side, ignored, or sacrificed for the “greater good.”
    https://hphr.org/30-article-appleman/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    convincing ignorant people that reflexive distrust of experts is savvy critical thinking is a subterfuge of stupidity in favor of a bad status quo.

Thread Information