Page 1630 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 6301130153015801620162616271628162916301631 LastLast
Results 40,726 to 40,750 of 40759
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what happened in 2020?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covid is airborne

Spread of COVID-19 occurs via airborne particles and droplets. People who are infected with COVID can release particles and droplets of respiratory fluids that contain the SARS CoV-2 virus into the air when they exhale (e.g., quiet breathing, speaking, singing, exercise, coughing, sneezing). The droplets or aerosol particles vary across a wide range of sizes – from visible to microscopic. Once infectious droplets and particles are exhaled, they move outward from the person (the source). These droplets carry the virus and transmit infection. Indoors, the very fine droplets and particles will continue to spread through the air in the room or space and can ac ulate.

Since COVID-19 is transmitted through contact with respiratory fluids carrying the infectious SARS-CoV-2 virus, a person can be exposed by an infected person coughing or speaking near them. They can also be exposed by inhaling aerosol particles that are spreading away from the infected person. Transmission of COVID-19 from inhalation of virus in the air can occur at distances greater than six feet. Particles from an infected person can move throughout an entire room or indoor space. The particles can also linger in the air after a person has left the room – they can remain airborne for hours in some cases. Someone can also be exposed via splashes and sprays of respiratory fluids directly onto their mucous membranes. Spread may also sometimes occur through contact with contaminated surfaces, though this route is now considered less likely. See Science and Technical Resources related to Indoor Air and Coronavirus (COVID-19) or ​Indoor Air and COVID-19 Key References and Publications for technical information.

Though the risk of infection by breathing in particles carrying the virus generally decreases with distance from infected people and with time, some cir stances increase the risk of infection:

• Being indoors rather than outdoors, particularly in indoor environments where ventilation with outside air is inadequate
    • Activities that increase emission of respiratory fluids, such as speaking loudly, singing, or exercising
    • Prolonged time of exposure (e.g. longer than a few minutes)
    • Crowded spaces, particularly if face coverings are inconsistently or improperly worn

There are straightforward steps that can be taken to reduce the potential for airborne transmission of COVID-19 and the focus of this material is on those measures. The layout and design of a building, as well as occupancy and type of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system, can all impact potential airborne spread of the virus. The Clean Air in Buildings Challenge is a call to action and a set of guiding principles and best practices to assist building owners and operators with reducing risks from airborne viruses and other contaminants indoors.

Although improvements to ventilation and air cleaning cannot on their own eliminate the risk of airborne transmission of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, EPA recommends increasing ventilation with outdoor air and air filtration as important components of a larger strategy that may include physical distancing, wearing cloth face coverings or masks, surface cleaning , handwashing, and other precautions. Consult guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local authorities on current guidelines on the use of masks.
    https://www.epa.gov/coronavirus/indo...virus-covid-19

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Engineering solutions for sanitizing indoor air would work for all airborne pathogens, with a huge bonus for public health and economic productivity.

What's not to like?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mystery pneumonia hitting kids in China too, while CDC is under advisement by HIPAC to weaken infection controls.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/judysto...rews-overseas/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CD4 depletion is a feature of COVID too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Netted out, when a disease depletes CD4 helper T-cells, your immune system can't fight off other infections as well. Which is why you see AIDS patients, for example, suc bing to a host of opportunistic infections that usually don't sicken or kill healthy people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lymphocytopenia is most often due to AIDS, and recently COVID-19, or undernutrition, but it also may be inherited or caused by various infections, drugs, or autoimmune disorders. Patients have recurrent viral, bacterial, fungal, or parasitic infections.
    https://www.merckmanuals.com/profess...ymphocytopenia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s pretty incredible how hater falls for every fearmongering trick
    what's even more striking to me is how hater became a dedicated COVID minimizer and anti-vax shill after got real.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 11-26-2023 at 04:20 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chaos agent, totally principle-free, zero intellectual integrity

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did everybody dieded yet?
    one million plus in the US, ~ 7 million reported deaths worldwide, ~ 15 million excess deaths since 2020

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To put this in context, 80,000 people in the US died from the Flu in 2018 according to AP.
    this post did not age well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The grasshoppers in Africa are going to kill exponentially more people than the Corona19 virus.
    CC's authoritative prognostications cannot be relied upon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "It's just a cold"

For over half the people who recover from COVID-19, some symptoms linger for as long as three years, according to a new study published this week in The Lancet Respiratory Medicine
    https://www.foxnews.com/health/over-...rs-study-finds

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mystery pneumonia hitting kids in China too, while CDC is under advisement by HIPAC to weaken infection controls.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/judysto...rews-overseas/

Chinese genetic engineering again.
    Get Pizza boy on this STAT!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with COVID's well-clocked effect of immune derangement, mycoplasma is just one of many pathogens in line to present new pressures on human health.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Infection control could mitigate that, but it's inconvenient and politically unpopular.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The research utilized a relatively new brain imaging technique called diffusion microstructure imaging (DMI). The technique tracks the movement of water molecules through brain tissue to deliver a high-resolution picture of the microstructures of the brain.
    https://newatlas.com/medical/structu...covid-imaging/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Chinese and their leaky biolabs!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we're in the eighth wave

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Damn Chinese and their leaky biolabs!
    As funny as "I'll shut it down."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Al-Aly’s study undertook a comparative analysis of 94 pre-specified health outcomes and found that over 18 months of follow-up, COVID was associated with a “significantly increased risk” for 64 of them, or nearly 70%. The disease’s enhanced risk list includes everything from cardiac arrest, stroke, chronic kidney disease, and cognitive impairment to mental health and fatigue, two characteristics often associated with long COVID.

By comparison, the seasonal flu was associated with increased risk in only six of the 94 conditions specified. Further, while COVID increased the risks for almost all the organ systems studied, the flu heightened risk primarily for the pulmonary(lung) system. Those findings, Al-Aly says, suggest that “COVID is really a multi-systemic disease, and flu is more a respiratory virus.”
    https://fortune.com/2023/12/14/covid...arolyn-barber/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hospitals and emergency rooms could be forced to ration care by the end of this month, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned Thursday, saying recent trends in COVID-19 and influenza are now on track to again strain America's health care system.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-v...als-cdc-warns/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Oh, Christ, here comes CNN Bogarting said hospitals into allowing CNN cameras in there once again..."You push the gurneys of the ones without Insurance into the hallways. We'll be quick with the cameras and then we'll help you push the gurneys of the dead beats back into their assigned rooms, I mean wards. A stipend will be left at the foot of each dead beat bed in a common manila envelope with the Star of...David stamped onto it. Savvy? Mazeltoph."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SARS2 can infect neutrophils, macro es, monocytes, plasma B cells, T cells, and NK cells, triggering pyroptosis (inflammatory programmed cell death) and cytokine storms.

You should hotbox it every chance you get.

"Since the beginning of the pandemic, we have been studying the coronavirus using single-cell multiomics, which means mapping the genes of immune cells, cell by cell, to understand how the virus works,” explains Giuseppe Testa, corresponding author of the study at the University of Milan, and head of neurogenomics at Human Technopole.

The approach was applied to a cohort of COVID-19 patients admitted in the early stages of the pandemic and followed by Anna Maria Cattelan's team in Padua. It was a longitudinal study: the same patients were mapped at three stages of the disease: on admission, at discharge and one month after discharge. At each of these three stages, a 'snapshot' of the gene expression in the individual cells of these patients was obtained, resulting in the expression of all 20,000 genes of each cell studied.

A molecular pathway emerged that had not been associated before to viral infection: the activation of the RAGE receptor in monocytes, a type of white blood cells, was correlated with a worse COVID-19 prognosis. “RAGE activation in monocytes was already known to correlate with more severe inflammatory outcomes, diabetes and obesity, but had never been observed in the context of viral infection. This finding is also interesting because monocytes do not possess the other receptor, ACE2, which is the main gateway for SARS-CoV-2 to enter the body," explains Testa.

This result, obtained in the Padova cohort, was then validated on 13 large datasets from around the world.
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d43978-023-00179-5

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    SARS2 can infect neutrophils, macro es, monocytes, plasma B cells, T cells, and NK cells, triggering pyroptosis (inflammatory programmed cell death) and cytokine storms.

You should hotbox it every chance you get.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d43978-023-00179-5
    I'm interested in Biden's COVID death count. What's the latest number, fruitcake?

Thread Information