Page 179 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 791291691751761771781791801811821831892292796791179 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grocery stores are more crowded than La Cantera.
    Is that really the litmus test for you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Picked up some groceries today. They have a max 10 people inside the store at any one time. Only waited ~5 mins to get in. First few days were crazy like you describe, but this works a lot better. We'll see how things work out
    I went to HEB earlier today. Probably a couple hundred people. Everything still basically wiped out except for stuff like ketchup and motor oil. Plenty of milk and cereal though as if there's a concerted effort to make sure it's stocked.

The Plexi glass they erected in front of the cashier is incredibly re ed. It's about 18x24 and you step one foot to the right to pay with your credit card and you have a free and clear shot to sneeze on them. Especially when they turn to bag your groceries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If shutting everything down for two weeks will effectively throw a speed bump at the viral spread, fine.

We need to get back to work, tho. Virus, or no virus.
    Is the right wing media back to telling people this isn't very serious any more or something? Two weeks? Are you kidding me?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is the right wing media back to telling people this isn't very serious any more or something? Two weeks? Are you kidding me?
    2 weeks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Two weeks. What is this? Did I travel back in time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “dont mind our humvees and military convoys. theres absolutely no reason to worry”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No . People like Darrin is why this wasn't contained. Mutha as always 3 steps behind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China already bracing for a 2nd wave too

thisisfine.gif

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Told Governors to Buy Own Virus Supplies, Then Outbid Them

(BLUE) Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker told Trump during a video conference on Thursday that

his state three times lost out to the federal government on purchases of critical supplies,

The president replied he still wants governors to seek out their own medical equipment, like protective gear for doctors and nurses as well as respirators, but acknowledged the federal government has greater buying power than any state.

Pence responded that “we want to facilitate all the states and the health care providers in your states to be able to access that supply chain as it becomes more robust.”

the onus should be on the states -- and not the federal government -- to obtain needed equipment to combat the pandemic, saying

his administration is not a “shipping clerk” for the supplies that could potentially save lives.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...en-outbid-them

btw, red FL got everything it asked from the Feds.

Yes, I full suspect that Trash is buying up medical supplies to give to red states, and deny/punish blue states.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-21-2020 at 10:17 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Layoffs Due to Pandemic Closures Overwhelm State, Area Workforce Agencies

The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC)

usually sees about 10,000 daily visitors to its website but had

40,000 visits on Tuesday and

50,000 on Wednesday, according to a TWC spokesman.

Other states, from
    New York to Oregon, reported similar crashes and long waits at agency offices.

https://therivardreport.com/layoffs-...eid=54a5432c74

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BANKS PRESSURE HEALTH CARE FIRMS TO RAISE PRICES ON CRITICAL DRUGS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES FOR CORONAVIRUS

the largest voices in the health care industry stand to gain from billions of dollars in emergency spending on the pandemic, as do the bankers and investors who invest in health care companies.

Over the past few weeks,

investment bankers have been candid on investor calls and during health care conferences about the opportunity to raise drug prices.

a managing director at Barclays Investment Bank, last week peppered executives from Cardinal Health, a health care distributor of N95 masks, ventilators and pharmaceuticals, on whether the company would raise prices on a range of supplies.

Valiquette asked repeatedly about potential price increases on a variety of products.

“one positive” about the coronavirus would be a “silver lining” that Cardinal Health may receive “less questions” about opioid-related lawsuits.

AmerisourceBergen, noted that his company has been actively involved in efforts to push back against political demands to limit the price of pharmaceutical products.

https://theintercept.com/2020/03/19/coronavirus-vaccine-medical-supplies-price-gouging/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also this is a big possibility. no way governments tell you this possibility because people would absolutely freak out

you should be using all this time to prepare for the 2nd wave tbqh

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a month we'll have mass testing capabilities beyond any country and be on the back end of this first wave. So if South Korea's strategy was a difference maker we should be able to move more towards that. I mean the goal of not overwhelming the hospitals should be achieved with mass testing which is all you can aim for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how many here are considered "non-essential"?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    In a month we'll have mass testing capabilities beyond any country and be on the back end of this first wave. So if South Korea's strategy was a difference maker we should be able to move more towards that. I mean the goal of not overwhelming the hospitals should be achieved with mass testing which is all you can aim for.
    HTF are you going to accomplish this (mass testing), Nathan? Is our gov't going to force us at the point of the National Guard, or, U.S. military personnel?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Told Governors to Buy Own Virus Supplies, Then Outbid Them

(BLUE) Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker told Trump during a video conference on Thursday that his state three times lost out to the federal government on purchases of critical supplies,

The president replied he still wants governors to seek out their own medical equipment, like protective gear for doctors and nurses as well as respirators, but acknowledged the federal government has greater buying power than any state.

Pence responded that “we want to facilitate all the states and the health care providers in your states to be able to access that supply chain as it becomes more robust.”

the onus should be on the states -- and not the federal government -- to obtain needed equipment to combat the pandemic, saying

his administration is not a “shipping clerk” for the supplies that could potentially save lives.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...en-outbid-them

btw, red FL got everything it asked from the Feds.

Yes, I full suspect that Trash is buying up medical supplies to give to red states, and deny/punish blue states.

Elections have consequences

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also this is a big possibility. no way governments tell you this possibility because people would absolutely freak out

There will be more smaller waves with this because we are taking mass action. I know nothing about Spanish flu but I assume everyone got scared during the first wave and many isolated themselves and when they came out the 2nd wave came. We are currently taking mass action preventing the size per wave.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HTF are you going to accomplish this (mass testing), Nathan? Is our gov't going to force us at the point of the National Guard, or, U.S. military personnel?
    Have no fear, Thread. Just tell them "my body my choice". Most people will be willing to take the test but I know a non insignificant portion won't. If you encounter someone that tests positive and are unwilling to take the test you'll probably need to self isolate to make sure. The system doesn't have to be air tight. It just needs to prevent the hospitals from getting rushed. An "air tight" system like China is not even preferable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elections have consequences
    yep, disloyal to Trash? he will kill you and that's hilarious

and oligarchy's Repug s, will sicken and kill you, too, by increasing pollution of every kind, by dropping meat factory inspections, etc. hilarious!
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-21-2020 at 10:30 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

The Spanish flu killed over a quarter million people (275k) in this country in 1917.
    The Spanish flu killed over a half billion people (500 million) worldwide.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that really the litmus test for you?
    Whole Foods and Target have set aside an early morning hour solely for people at risk, elderly, immunocompromised, pregnant ( though I haven’t seen where they're at risk).

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Oh, & just so we don't forget & so we remember:::

No longer 8k, but, now 23k dead of regular flu so far in 2020 in this country.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Whole Foods and Target have set aside an early morning hour solely for people at risk, elderly, immunocompromised, pregnant ( though I haven’t seen where they're at risk).
    Forget it, those early elder hours are a disaster. The line extends around the building, then you're body-to-body with fellow elders once you get in there. I left, drove a half mile to WalMart and shopped in peace. No toilet paper at either store, but, every thing else was in stock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is great news, tbh... anything that can help to quantify the problem will help with finding the proper solutions.
    Still short swabs.

Thread Information