Page 206 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 1061561962022032042052062072082092102162563067061206 ... LastLast
Results 5,126 to 5,150 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not just Wall Street winehole. We are gonna be looking at massive economy disruptions. Maybe even great depression level despair. My initial optomism is long gone. This IS a war and like a war, there will be losses. The safest plan with the least loss of life to covid19 would probably be nationwide shelter in place for six to nine months. The tradeoff would be the total destruction of the world economy. There will ultimately be a compromise between total safety and trying to keep the world economy from self destructing. As an individual you always have the option of staying home.
    Trump seems to think 15 days is all we can afford to protect human life. If that's really the case maybe the world economy should be destroyed and reconstructed to serve people before property and profits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the Washington Post

Fauci gets frank about Trump: ‘I can’t jump in front of the microphone and push him down’

Amid the ongoing global coronavirus pandemic, Anthony S. Fauci, head of the National Ins ute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, has been charged with a herculean task: trying to keep President Trump’s public statements about the novel virus rooted in fact.

Now it appears that Fauci’s frustration is showing.
    When asked Sunday by Science magazine’s Jon Cohen about having to stand in front of the nation as “the representative of truth and facts” when “things are being said that aren’t true and aren’t factual,” the 79-year-old said there is only so much he can do to keep Trump on message.
    “I can’t jump in front of the microphone and push him down,” Fauci said. “OK, he said it. Let’s try and get it corrected for the next time.”

Anthony Fauci was ready for this. America was not.
    The frank comment was just one line of a lengthy Q&A published Sunday night in which Fauci shed light on his relationship with Trump, how the pair handle their differences and what happens before each coronavirus task force news conference.
    On more than one occasion, Fauci, described by The Washington Post’s Ellen McCarthy and Ben Terris as “the grandfatherly captain of the corona#virus crisis,” has had to publicly contradict the president — a risky action that could conceivably jeopardize the scientist’s job.

Fauci acknowledged as much on Sunday.
    “To my knowledge, I haven’t been fired,” he told Cohen, laughing.

Though he and Trump sometimes disagree, Fauci said the president does listen to him “on substantive issues.” But they stray when it comes to Trump’s delivery of the critical messages.
    “It is expressed in a way that I would not express it, because it could lead to some misunderstanding about what the facts are about a given subject,” he said.

Cohen pressed him on Trump making statements that don’t “comport with facts.”
    “I know, but what do you want me to do?,” Fauci responded. “I mean, seriously Jon, let’s get real, what do you want me to do?”

He went on to provide a behind-the-scenes look at how the task force advises Trump ahead of his daily news conferences.
    “We sit down for an hour and a half, go over all the issues on the agenda,” Fauci said, adding that the group also discusses what they want to emphasize to the public that day before meeting with Trump.

“Then we go in to see the president, we present [our consensus] to him and somebody writes a speech,” he explained. “Then he gets up and ad libs on his speech. And then we’re up there to try and answer questions.”
    Fauci made his displeasure with Trump’s ad libs clear at Friday’s news conference when he was seen covering his face in apparent exasperation after the president made reference to the “Deep State Department,” a conspiracy theory.
    Asked if he was criticized for the gesture, Fauci said “no comment.”

The scientist also took issue with Trump’s decision to continue shaking people’s hands at public events and the lack of physical separation at the daily news conferences.

While Fauci credited Vice President Pence with keeping people apart during task force meetings, the situation onstage in the press briefing room “is a bit more problematic.”

“I keep saying, is there any way we can get a virtual press conference,” he said. “Thus far, no. But when you’re dealing with the White House, sometimes you have to say things 1,2,3,4 times, and then it happens. So I’m going to keep pushing.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not just Wall Street winehole. We are gonna be looking at massive economy disruptions. Maybe even great depression level despair. My initial optomism is long gone. This IS a war and like a war, there will be losses. The safest plan with the least loss of life to covid19 would probably be nationwide shelter in place for six to nine months. The tradeoff would be the total destruction of the world economy. There will ultimately be a compromise between total safety and trying to keep the world economy from self destructing. As an individual you always have the option of staying home.
    Personally I think two week plans make sense at this time. That's about as far ahead as we can predict with this . I didnt interpret that to mean " life back to normal" after two weeks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CC: We’re ed. We need to shelter in place for 6 to 9 months

Also CC: Well yeah Trump’s right, two weeks is fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CC: We’re ed. We need to shelter in place for 6 to 9 months

Also CC: Well yeah Trump’s right, two weeks is fine.

Your stupid is showing. There is no way we can shelter in place for 9 months. Re-evaluating every two weeks (or some other arbitrary time frqme) on a compromise solution based on the facts at the time is logical to me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we agree then, you’re the stupid one who contradicted himself within a minute here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loan kiter/Reality TV host/ President of the United States constantly sending out messages that will America in big ways and small ways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we agree then, you’re the stupid one who contradicted himself within a minute here.
    No we agree you are the stupid one with poor reading comprehension. In my original post I said we couldn't afford to shelter in place for 9 months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loan kiter/Reality TV host/ President of the United States constantly sending out messages that will America in big ways and small ways.
    We can all agree Trumps ad libs are ing dumb, but anyone stupid enough to only make decisions on what Trump says deserves to die.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No we agree you are the stupid one with poor reading comprehension. In my original post I said we couldn't afford to shelter in place for 9 months.
    Ok then, stupid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw one article by a finance type / economist, whose idea was that covid-19 purging America of unproductive old people (iow, not slaving away in jobs to produce more wealth for Capitalists) was "a good thing".

I bet he is not alone in BigFinance/Capitalist crowd with that idea.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dr. Fauci Reports That Alcohol May Help People Survive Coronavirus Briefings

WASHINGTON —Calling it a “promising development,” Dr. Anthony Fauci said on Sunday that alcohol may help people survive the most severe effects of coronavirus briefings.

Noting that millions of Americans have been exposed to the daily briefings of the White House Coronavirus Task Force,

Fauci said that he had

voluntarily submitted to a preliminary trial of the alcohol-based therapy.

“What we have found is that

a single dosage before the briefing and

as much as a double dosage after the briefing

do much to alleviate the most acute suffering,” Fauci said.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/dr-fauci-reports-that-alcohol-may-help-people-survive-coronavirus-briefings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China ENFORCED "stay at home" with cops, military, drones. Not gonna happen in other countries, esp not US of A! Freedom!

China is NOT an instructive example, except for Trash who echoed China's suppression of and lying about the crisis.

USA can't even test, only a few states have stay-at-home mandates

The more USA tests, the more infections it finds.
    Way I see it with the timeline to be determined possibly this authors.
    We begin to see a lot more deaths with increasing numbers algorithmically.
    We begin seeing a lot more COVID19 positive cases algorithmically based on increased spread and massively increased testing.
    Testing is going to increase massively and rapid this I know for an absolute fact based on rapid testing available on platforms used in many labs including Quest, Labcorp, and many other labs
    Morbidity and mortality percentages drop significantly because of increased detection of mild and eventually symptom negative cases with exposure.
    Socially isolation/ social isolation/lock down begins to drop the rate of infection.
    Engineering and manufacturing efforts and recovery or death of critical patients begins to alleviate healthcare situation
    Antibody testing identifies immune people including critical workers who can be targeted in high risk situations. Already the ELISA test available on a limited but expanding scale and likely more automated testing will come into play.
    Greater availability of immune testing gives greater understanding of disease and risk free population
    At risk population continues to self isolate with social activity at their own risk at least with a more manageable health care situation
    or
    Treatments wether standard/antiviral/antibody/whatever allow social activity reduces risk to a reasonable level for at risk patients
    Vaccine is developed
    Last edited by picnroll; 03-23-2020 at 06:39 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Socially isolation/ social isolation/lock down begins to drop the rate of infection."

what about the 40%+ of Repugs who don't consider the virus worth worrying about and so think self-isolating is pointless ?

and the red/slave states that don't issue stay-at-home mandates, and are majority Repugs?

what if infection doesn't create immunity, or no lasting immunity against re-infection? that means a vaccine is worthless

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump seems to think 15 days is all we can afford to protect human life. If that's really the case maybe the world economy should be destroyed and reconstructed to serve people before property and profits.
    Sorry bout Bernie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Socially isolation/ social isolation/lock down begins to drop the rate of infection."

what about the 40%+ of Repugs who don't consider the virus worth worrying about and so think self-isolating is pointless ?

and the red/slave states that don't issue stay-at-home mandates, and are majority Repugs?

what if infection doesn't create immunity, or no lasting immunity against re-infection? that means a vaccine is worthless

If repugs are too stupid it’s just Darwin at work.

Immunity question to be resolved but prior coronavirus infection have had persistent antibody levels for at least 2-3 years and all likelihood memory cells conferring lifetime immunity. Reported cases of relapse are regarded as very highly questionable. But yes to be determined but we’ll know pretty soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Italian virologist says political correctness doomed his country's coronavirus response

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2020/0...oronavirus/amp

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a crock of

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im going to have two cups of coffee tomorrow morning.

Called it.
    Mon Egro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro, I seemingly love this country more than some of the folks that were born here, tbh... true story.
    same here maniga

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your stupid is showing. There is no way we can shelter in place for 9 months. Re-evaluating every two weeks (or some other arbitrary time frqme) on a compromise solution based on the facts at the time is logical to me.
    at this point theres no way in we are ceasing any quarantine until at very least 2 months from now

the 2 week bull is mere snake oil sales by Orangegutan

maybe we can hope in 2 months well have a better plan. maybe have cycles of quarantine/non quarantine to slowly ease ourselves into getting the virus rather than all at once.

but at this moment we have not even a semblance of a long term plan

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at this point theres no way in we are ceasing any quarantine until at very least 2 months from now

the 2 week bull is mere snake oil sales by Orangegutan

maybe we can hope in 2 months well have a better plan. maybe have cycles of quarantine/non quarantine to slowly ease ourselves into getting the virus rather than all at once.

but at this moment we have not even a semblance of a long term plan
    I assumed 2 months as well, gets us to summer and that's all we could realistically expect, he's talking two weeks but we'll see how this week goes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok then, stupid.
    read the rest of the paragraph you ing idiot.

There will ultimately be a compromise between total safety and trying to keep the world economy from self destructing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You are so ing stupid. Were all those kids on spring break at South Padre republicans?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I assumed 2 months as well, gets us to summer and that's all we could realistically expect, he's talking two weeks but we'll see how this week goes.
    Orangegutans have no semblance of time hes just throwing feeces at the wall and hoping something sticks

time to quarantine the ape

Thread Information