Page 209 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 1091591992052062072082092102112122132192593097091209 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,225 of 40770
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't disagree with that. It's probably not going to happen, but "pandemic response" or disease response in general needs to become a part of "national defense." Our yearly defense budget is around 1 trillion. Now instead of that 1 trillion going completely toward researching and building planes, bombs, and other crap to fight goat farmers with AK47s, half that needs to be allotted to building up hospitals and funding research into this area. This has screwed us up more than any Muslim terrorist attack or Cold War pissing match ever did. It can never, ever happen again. This will not be the last pandemic. And what if next time, something like a MERS-2 (in the family of coronaviruses) gets out with its 10 percent mortality rate?
    Only thing I disagree with is I think this will lead to pandemic response becoming part of national defense. Actually I think so much is going to change. It's a world altering event imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretty much

pelosi and mnuchin had a deal and the WH was on board already-
    but moscow mitch took the weekend off- crafted his own DONOR approved bill
    and came back to gaslight

mitch is assuming dems will cave because of people dying- so that he can pass another theft of the usa’s piggy bank for his donors
    Funny how he finally came out of his turtle s to gasli-...I mean, speak to the American people and tell us how he cares oh so much. The base might fall for it, but most know better.

This crisis will be the end of these s, and history will take note.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how he finally came out of his turtle s to gasli-...I mean, speak to the American people and tell us how he cares oh so much. The base might fall for it, but most know better.

I hope you are right considering I thought the financial crisis would be the end of them but they actually got stronger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope you are right considering I thought the financial crisis would be the end of them but they actually got stronger.
    You would think since it's their voter base that is susceptible to the virus, but you're right. I wouldn't be shocked if it didn't.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

last night i checked out the

Amy McGrath site...

Ive never broken my vow to never support $ any politician-

but moscow mitch sure makes it tempting to break my vow

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill Gates tried to warn us five years ago

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WHO - warns that pandemic is...

ACCELERATING!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Amy McGrath site...

I donated to his opponent too. People can talk about Trump like he's Vader, but he's nothing without Emperor Turtle behind him. McConnell is pure evil and needs to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the best course of action going forward:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/20/o...istancing.html

Yeah, at some point we are going to have to start thinking about the economy, as crass as that sounds. And it's not primarily just about money. A wrecked economy will result in many "hidden" casualties, people who commit suicide, die prematurely of heart disease, stroke that was exacerbated by stress, drug overdose and abuse rise, etc.

The err in thinking many people have is that entire US is just weeks away from a similar fate in New York. It might happen, but when you put all the data together, the odds seem remote, since the biggest states with the largest economies are very different in climate, infrastructure, and social behavior than New York. I theorize this is why we haven't seen an outbreak and death explosion in CA, TX, and FL, despite those states seeing their first coronavirus cases around the same time, and with California, way back in Jan. 26th. If the curves are flattened in these states 15 days from now (Trump's timeline), they should start gradually easing back to normalcy. From this point, retirees and the immunocompromised should be issued soft shelter in place orders, while the least vulnerable can get back to work and regular life.

New York will likely still be under assault, but if these states and most of the country can get back on some track, we can focus on aiding New York.

More data. Germany is believed to have the largest ratio of tests to deaths, meaning their data is probably the most accurate portrayal of Covid's true mortality rate. They're at .3 percent, which is around a strong flu season. If this data is replicated in other countries, it'll calm fears quite a bit, because framing covid as a strong flu rather than 10 to 20x the flu (in terms of death rate) is a lot more palatable.

Germany’s relatively low mortality rate continues to intrigue experts as Covid-19 spreads across Europe, with some questioning the methodology behind its data gathering while others argue the country’s high testing rates allow a more accurate approximation of the threat posed by the novel coronavirus.

Crucially, Germany started testing people even with milder symptoms relatively early on, meaning the total number of confirmed cases may give a more accurate picture of the virus’s spread than in other states.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...uzzles-experts

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill Gates tried to warn us five years ago

It’s an easy call to make.

It’s obvious that when every country is doing their own and not really on the same page on pretty much anything, that this would happen.

This just shows that if something much much worse were to happen we would die within a month.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Amy McGrath site...

Ya I'm toss her a few.
    If that's what it takes to get Turtle out.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the best course of action going forward:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/20/o...istancing.html

Yeah, at some point we are going to have to start thinking about the economy, as crass as that sounds. And it's not primarily just about money. A wrecked economy will result in many "hidden" casualties, people who commit suicide, die prematurely of heart disease, stroke that was exacerbated by stress, drug overdose and abuse rise, etc.

The err in thinking many people have is that entire US is just weeks away from a similar fate in New York. It might happen, but when you put all the data together, the odds seem remote, since the biggest states with the largest economies are very different in climate, infrastructure, and social behavior than New York. I theorize this is why we haven't seen an outbreak and death explosion in CA, TX, and FL, despite those states seeing their first coronavirus cases around the same time, and with California, way back in Jan. 26th. If the curves are flattened in these states 15 days from now (Trump's timeline), they should start gradually easing back to normalcy. From this point, retirees and the immunocompromised should be issued soft shelter in place orders, while the least vulnerable can get back to work and regular life.

New York will likely still be under assault, but if these states and most of the country can get back on some track, we can focus on aiding New York.

More data. Germany is believed to have the largest ratio of tests to deaths, meaning their data is probably the most accurate portrayal of Covid's true mortality rate. They're at .3 percent, which is around a strong flu season. If this data is replicated in other countries, it'll calm fears quite a bit, because framing covid as a strong flu rather than 10 to 20x the flu (in terms of death rate) is a lot more palatable.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...uzzles-experts
    And when is this?
    How is it proportioned with help to individuals and industries?

This is super difficult.

We are now getting the red team saying basically now I guess based on Trumps last outburst. Cure is worse than the disease.
    And the bill that was denied by the blue team contained 500 billion to the Industries of his choice including Trump declining to avoid the question if his businesses should be given money from the government. That was a basic "my businesses get money like any other" and in addition to that, "its my choice." Thats how I take it.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loan kiter in Chief will come through this WAY richer than he went in and he’ll hide his bailout billions behind a wall of executive privilege.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nine new COVID-19 coronavirus cases confirmed in Dallas County, three in critical care

https://www.fox4news.com/news/nine-new-covid-19-coronavirus-cases-confirmed-in-dallas-county-three-in-critical-care

"CDC illness and death estimates from April 2009 to April 2010, in the US are as follows:

• CDC estimates that between 43 million and 89 million cases of 2009 H1N1 occurred between April 2009 and 10 April 2010. The mid-level in this range is about 61 million people infected with 2009 H1N1.
    • CDC estimates that between about 195,000 and 403,000 H1N1-related hospitalizations occurred between April 2009 and 10 April 2010. The mid-level in this range is about 274,000 2009 H1N1-related hospitalizations.
    • CDC estimates that between about 8,870 and 18,300 2009 H1N1-related deaths occurred between April 2009 and 10 April 2010. The mid-level in this range is about 12,470 2009 H1N1-related deaths."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_f...c#Side_effects

and there were (often nasty) therapeutics available, with none so far for coronavirus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And when is this?
    How is it proportioned with help to individuals and industries?

This is super difficult.

We are now getting the red team saying basically now I guess based on Trumps last outburst. Cure is worse than the disease.
    And the bill that was denied by the blue team contained 500 billion to the Industries of his choice including Trump declining to avoid the question if his businesses should be given money from the government. That was a basic "my businesses get money like any other" and in addition to that, "its my choice." Thats how I take it.
    All I can say here is when we get better and more accurate data. If the warm weather and population density theory holds up. Great! The states I mentioned can start moving forward and resuming activity, which will give the economy a boost. If the data reveals this is a strong flu and 99 percent of cases are mild and don't require hospitalization (per South Korea's data), another boost.

Unfortunately, New York, one of our economic hubs, is in for a longer haul. But at least the country's other economic powerhouses can be released from the hospital, so to speak.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't disagree with that. It's probably not going to happen, but "pandemic response" or disease response in general needs to become a part of "national defense." Our yearly defense budget is around 1 trillion. Now instead of that 1 trillion going completely toward researching and building planes, bombs, and other crap to fight goat farmers with AK47s, half that needs to be allotted to building up hospitals and funding research into this area. This has screwed us up more than any Muslim terrorist attack or Cold War pissing match ever did. It can never, ever happen again. This will not be the last pandemic. And what if next time, something like a MERS-2 (in the family of coronaviruses) gets out with its 10 percent mortality rate?
    Agreed, that it should.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mosconell's bill sounds like one big scam. Stopped reading at 500B corporate slash funds for CEOs/the rich...how does that work for the people that really need the help?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More MISgovernance by Trash/Repugs

American Expert Axed From CDC Post In China Months Before Coronavirus Outbreak

The disease expert, embedded in China’s disease control agency, could have been able to get word of the outbreak out early.​​

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/cdc-e...b63c3b6492aba3

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lie on its face, Nathan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But I forget this guy’s perception is all ed up being one-eyed and all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the 7 days ago well wishes
    Still don't care for you blaKKKe and this is exactly why. I don't want you to perish though no matter the bs rift between us and what has been said. Chin up buttercup and wash those hands!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought by turtle u meant Mnuchin

he looks like a cartoon turtle too

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Add "crime e" to that list if we keep on with this solution.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You would think since it's their voter base that is susceptible to the virus, but you're right. I wouldn't be shocked if it didn't.
    So the youth has been voting for biden? Lol

Thread Information