Page 227 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 1271772172232242252262272282292302312372773277271227 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,675 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't understand how Japan isn't getting raped by this.
    Olympics canceled... we'll see if the numbers skyrocket now, or they have a secret sauce...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    crossed 700 dead in the US... almost 54k cases. NY is roughly half of that, but it's everywhere... NJ: 17, Cali: 11, Michigan: 9, Louisiana: 11, Georgia: 12, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orangegutan is still comparing seasonal flu to Coronavirus

ing chimp
    By Easter he'll be back to calling it a hoax and a coup attempt and half this board will tag along.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas:
    First Case: March 4
    As of March 24: 11,167 tests run total
    Three days behind New York: March 4 (Texas) vs. March (1) New York)
    Compare March 24 (Texas) vs. March 21 (New York)
    New York cases per million as of March 21:
    Texas cases per million as of March 24: 15/million
    New York cases per million as of March 21: 529/million
    New York has 35.3x more cases than Texas

https://www.click2houston.com/rodeo/...r-coronavirus/

A confirmed positive case attended the Houston Rodeo Cook Off. He was in close proximity to approximately 73,433. This is what the rodeo looks like:

This happened almost two weeks ago - March 11. We know that symptoms develop between 2 and 9 days, with an average of 5.2. That would be March 16 -- exactly a week ago.

There has not been the explosion in cases you'd expect to see in a situation where a confirmed positive case was in close proximity to over 70,000 people. Draw conclusions for yourselves ...
    Do you know how warm it was that day? That's like perfect transmission conditions, but yeah, no explosion. However, many feel where the virus has its best chance of transmissibility is in close contact situations. Not like shaking hands close contact, but being in close proximity for hours or days.

Dr. Paul Auwaerter, the Clinical Director for the Division of Infectious Diseases at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine echoes this finding,

“If you have a COVID-19 patient in your household, your risk of developing the infection is about 10%….If you were casually exposed to the virus in the workplace (e.g., you were not locked up in conference room for six hours with someone who was infected [like a hospital]), your chance of infection is about 0.5%”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's already laid the groundwork to pin responsibilty for the recession on the cities cities and states, accuusations of disloyalty to the country aren't far off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    crossed 700 dead in the US... almost 54k cases. NY is roughly half of that, but it's everywhere... NJ: 17, Cali: 11, Michigan: 9, Louisiana: 11, Georgia: 12, etc
    I would say Germany is handling their situation very well. 159 deaths/33K cases for a .05 mortality rate (bad flu season). Our population is 4x the size. Per capita: US: 175, Germany: 159. We each reported our first case around the same time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say Germany is handling their situation very well. 159 deaths/33K cases for a .05 mortality rate (bad flu season). Our population is 4x the size. Per capita: US: 175, Germany: 159. We each reported our first case around the same time.
    i could very well be wrong because i'm not read up on it well, but posters here were saying germany has been somewhat monkeying around with the reported deaths... citing pneumonia as the cause of death when it started wit covid, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not saying we're doing bad, just pointing out that while NY might be in the lead here, this thing is everywhere. Prolly gonna get worse before it gets better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And now we're up to 779 deaths just like that... ... definitely another record day here in the US.

EDIT: gonna wait for worldometers to confirm, but

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like NY is breaking at the seams... 100+ today...

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    why not link to the actual original, unedited article:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/we-did...-for-pandemic/

which also concedes that...

To be fair, governments everywhere stockpiled too little. Washington didn’t do much better: The federal Strategic National Stockpile is undersupplied to meet the coronavirus emergency.
    Besides this “It's a lot of money but less than the $750 million he threw away on a boondoggle "Buffalo Billion" solar panel factory” what are you seeing that’s edited? The RCP article is attributed to the exact same other and includes every line the NYP article does.

Cuomo made a poor decision in 2015 and is trying to blame others. He needs to shut the up. He’d been doing a good job up until this point.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People congregating at Zilker Park like it's a holiday. Oy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Besides this “It's a lot of money but less than the $750 million he threw away on a boondoggle "Buffalo Billion" solar panel factory” what are you seeing that’s edited? The RCP article is attributed to the exact same other and includes every line the NYP article does.

Cuomo made a poor decision in 2015 and is trying to blame others. He needs to shut the up. He’d been doing a good job up until this point.
    What I quoted has been left out, for some reason that's apparently fairly partisan, lol

Hey look, I don't like Cuomo, stated so in another thread a few days ago, but nobody saw this thing coming in '15. And we're here now, NY clearly needs all the help they can get. Frankly, it's pretty clear the buck stops with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feared for them. As I've said many times, check all the boxes. The "brightside" is we're not seeing similar explosions in the other major states, which will hopefully mean other states can potentially aid New York.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll give you another bright side. New York's death total didn't increase from Sunday to Monday, so that "sudden e" was probably delayed information finally being tallied.

https://imgur.com/a/OatybgQ

This means perhaps New York saw 50 deaths Sunday and 50 deaths Monday and then they all got tallied just today. Have a hard time believing no one passed Sunday to Monday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll give you another bright side. New York's death total didn't increase from Sunday to Monday, so that "sudden e" was probably delayed information finally being tallied.

https://imgur.com/a/OatybgQ

This means perhaps New York saw 50 deaths Sunday and 50 deaths Monday and then they all got tallied just today. Have a hard time believing no one passed Sunday to Monday.
    We'll see tomorrow. Adding 5k cases a day would certainly spell a lot of trouble.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    What I quoted has been left out, for some reason that's apparently fairly partisan, lol

Hey look, I don't like Cuomo, stated so in another thread a few days ago, but nobody saw this thing coming in '15. And we're here now, NY clearly needs all the help they can get. Frankly, it's pretty clear the buck stops with him.
    RCP on mobile is a disaster to read so it took me a sec to see what you pointed out. Not sure why it’s missing as every other paragraph appears there and removing that one paragraph doesn’t change the gist of the article.

I just find it stupid for Cuomo to try and blame Trump when Cuomo chose not to restock his own state’s supply. The two of them seemed to be working fairly well up until this, pointing fingers now does no one any good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RCP on mobile is a disaster to read so it took me a sec to see what you pointed out. Not sure why it’s missing as every other paragraph appears there and removing that one paragraph doesn’t change the gist of the article.

I just find it stupid for Cuomo to try and blame Trump when Cuomo chose not to restock his own state’s supply. The two of them seemed to be working fairly well up until this, pointing fingers now does no one any good.
    If someone has the ventilators now and won't let them go....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The narrative works a lot better if we skip over the detail that even the federal government skimped on it too back in the day, and we're about to find out what other states skimped on it also. But, frankly, nobody was expecting this in '15. The last big one we had on this was a 100 years ago.

I do agree that politicizing and pointing fingers doesn't help. Not for Cuomo, not for Trump (who made a sport out of that). Cuomo and/or any other governor can only look at the federal government now, hopefully he gets the help he needs, not because of him, but because of his cons uents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you know how warm it was that day? That's like perfect transmission conditions, but yeah, no explosion. However, many feel where the virus has its best chance of transmissibility is in close contact situations. Not like shaking hands close contact, but being in close proximity for hours or days.
    81/65.

https://weather.com/weather/monthly/...0b501f206d265c

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll see tomorrow. Adding 5k cases a day would certainly spell a lot of trouble.
    Yes, let's hope NY is in the 50ish range. That will quell some fears it's not exponentially increasing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i could very well be wrong because i'm not read up on it well, but posters here were saying germany has been somewhat monkeying around with the reported deaths... citing pneumonia as the cause of death when it started wit covid, etc
    Could be. The stats can be fudged innumerable ways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Encouraging. From that report, the virus likes a specific range

In a new paper published on the open-data site SSRN, the researchers found that all cities experiencing significant outbreaks of COVID-19 have very similar winter climates with an average temperature of 41 to 52 degrees Fahrenheit, an average humidity level of 47 to 79 percent with a narrow east-west distribution along the same 30-50 N” la ude. This includes Wuhan, China, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Northern Italy, Seattle, and Northern California. It could also spell increasing trouble for the Mid-Atlantic States and -- as temperatures rise -- New England.

Thread Information