Page 232 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 1321822222282292302312322332342352362422823327321232 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,800 of 40782
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His Fox show downplays covid-19

but Rupert Murdoch cancels his 89th birthday party

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

I did the same in' thing. You tell an American he can't do something, he does it.

I went to the Kentucky Caverns. "Please don't touch the rock formations, you'll do centuries of damage."

I put my finger right in there when the khaki clothed guide turned his back.

"Dale, don't do that!" - Girl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hillary dunking on Trump. That is golden.

shower

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Occam's razor would seem to favor a family tie to the Trump Administration. Jared Kushner's brother Joshua is a co-founder of Gilead.
    Are you sure about that? Link?
    So I'm guessing Kushner-Gilead connection was a WH fabrication.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Hillary dunking on Trump. That is golden.

shower
    Though he did leave her where he found her, RG.

ha, ha.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You were a Favor driver?
    I tried, just to get out of the house, knowing the money was probably weak, for about 5 one-hour "runnings", but it paid really badly, echoed by Favor having numerous promotions guaranteeing $10 / hour GROSS. I found the mileage really high.

I actually like driving around but not for netting not much more than Fed minimum hourly.

The "independent contractor" people whose main income, to eat and pay rent, is gig driving are screwed and will stay screwed for months. I am not in that group.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joshua Kushner (born June 12, 1985) is an American businessman and investor. He is the founder and managing partner of the investment firm Thrive Capital, co-founder of Oscar Health, and the son of real estate magnate Charles Kushner. His brother is Jared Kushner, the son-in-law and senior advisor of U.S. President Donald Trump.
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/kushner-oscar-covid/

Partially true.

What's True
    Jared Kushner’s brother, Joshua, is co-founder of the health insurance start-up Oscar, which recently released an online tool to locate COVID-19 testing centers in some areas. At least in the past, Jared Kushner has had a financial interest in Oscar.

What's False
    Oscar is not involved in the actual process of COVID-19 testing or in the manufacturing of such a test. Oscar created a website — open to the public — that screens users to see if they qualify for a test and then provides a list of testing sites nearby.
    Part of the problem though, with not divesting yourself, and nepotism. Makes the appearance of conflicts of interest worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/kushner-oscar-covid/

Partially true.

Part of the problem though, with not divesting yourself, and nepotism. Makes the appearance of conflicts of interest worse.
    I'm still unclear on what this has to do with Gilead? Oscar is a health insurance company. An app that locates testing centers doesn't have anything to do with Gilead's pharmaceuticals (which were developed before Trump was elected) being used as COVID19 treatment. WH completely made this up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China has reopened Wuhan mass transit

lets see what happens next few days

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks like Italy has peaked and might be slowing down

Spain looks bad. hopefully will peak within a week

looks like Germany has a bigger problem than thought

UK should be next country to get a beating. Id say in 1 week things will be pretty grim

NYC will be rising steadily for about 10 more days and then poof a bomb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US might overtake China before Italy does in total cases

The images coming out of NYC in 10 days are going to be horrifying. They have no PPE, their medical staff are going to be getting that and taking it home to their kids, there won't be enough ventilators, doctors having to serve the role as death panel choosing who to keep alive and who dies. Get ready...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not that it matters in the least but NYC real estate market is fooked. Anybody want to buy Trump Towers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boy this tweet from yesterday aged well

972 cases now. 78% jump in one ing day.
    ... and 60k today, as of newest update, with 800+ dead.

(edit)

About a 32% daily growth rate.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 03-25-2020 at 01:37 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not that it matters in the least but NYC real estate market is fooked. Anybody want to buy Trump Towers?
    All Donald has to do is move a few government agencies over to the towers and then charge the government a premium for the rent

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ... and 60k today, as of newest update, with 800+ dead.
    23k+ dead of Regular Flu.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

The images coming out of NYC in 10 days are going to be horrifying. They have no PPE, their medical staff are going to be getting that and taking it home to their kids, there won't be enough ventilators, doctors having to serve the role as death panel choosing who to keep alive and who dies. Get ready...
    Conversely, Cuomo was all smiles today, said the rise of cases in New York has dropped. He praised the WH & in particular the old man.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    magnificently indicative of hole America, thanks oligarchy,

US death toll nears 800; Dow up 2,100 points

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...le/2901941001/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    magnificently indicative of hole America, thanks oligarchy,

US death toll nears 800; Dow up 2,100 points

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...le/2901941001/
    We've stood for 23k+ Regular Flu deaths this year without so much as a by-your-leave. 800 deaths by Corona is a mere drop in-the-bucket, bouts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the final measure, lawmakers agreed to a significant expansion of unemployment benefits that would extend unemployment insurance by 13 weeks and include a four-month enhancement of benefits, officials familiar with the unfinished agreement said. Democrats said that it would allow workers to maintain their full salaries if forced out of work as a result of the pandemic.

In the interim, lawmakers also agreed to provide $1,200 in direct payments that would apply equally to workers with incomes up to $75,000 per year before phasing out and ending altogether for those earning more than $99,000. Families would receive an additional $500 per child.

After complaints from Democrats, a $500 billion fund — $425 billion for the Federal Reserve to leverage for loans in order to help broad groups of distressed companies and $75 billion for industry-specific loans — will now have far stricter oversight, in the form of an inspector general and a 5-person panel appointed by Congress, lawmakers said. Companies that accept money must also agree to halt any stock buybacks for the length of the government assistance, plus an additional year.

Democrats also secured a provision that will block Trump family businesses — or those of other senior government officials — from receiving loan money under the programs, Mr. Schumer said in a letter to Democrats.

Both Ms. Pelosi and Mr. Schumer, on separate calls laying out the deal for their Democratic colleagues, said they had secured $130 billion for hospitals, $55 billion more than originally agreed to, people familiar with the calls said, as well as $150 billion for state and local governments.

The agreement also includes $350 billion that would establish lending programs for small businesses, but only for those who keep their payrolls steady through the crisis. Small businesses that pledge to keep their workers would also receive cash-flow assistance structured as federally guaranteed loans. If the employer continued to pay its workers for the duration of the crisis, those loans would be forgiven.

Lawmakers in both chambers have also acknowledged that it is likely other legislative measures will be needed in the coming months to counter the consequences of the pandemic.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/25/u...nate-deal.html
    Chuck and Nancy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

eyup. Have some neighbors who were driving their elderly mother home to brooklyn when it got shut down. They got to Kentucky and turned around. Should check in on them. Elderly mother is adorably brooklyn italian.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew whatever bill was drawn up would me. They're using 2018 numbers, where I was well above the cutoff. I left my employer of 6 years in 2019 for 7 months, before getting a job recently but ran through my nest egg. So I sm under the cutoff for 2019 but oh well.
    from what i read, they're using 2019 if you already filed, and otherwise will use 2018

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Suggests States Need to Bribe Him With Praise to Get Federal Assistance for COVID-19
    “But, you know, it’s a two-way street,” the president said of states desperate for equipment. “They have to treat us well, also.”

President Trump adjusted his strategy against the coronavirus on Monday, tweeting his desire for Americans to endanger themselves and others by going back to work far ahead of what has been recommended by public-health officials. But on Tuesday, the president made clear that there’s one thing he isn’t changing about his approach to the outbreak: blaming his administration’s incompetence on others, particularly New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

During a Fox News town-hall event in the White House Rose Garden, Trump ramped up his attacks on the governor, who has been a vocal critic of the federal government’s sluggish response to the outbreak. In doing so, Trump said the quiet part out loud about how he views his relationship with states. “It’s a two-way street,” he said. “They have to treat us well, also. They can’t say, ‘Oh, gee, we should get this, we should get that.'”

n other words, if governors want the federal government to help them combat the coronavirus, they’re going to need to “be nice” to the president first.
    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-cuomo-972467/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a mistake. Joshua and Jared Kushner cofounded Oscar health. Jared lobbied for "opportunity zone" tax breaks for Oscar Health.

Jared declared divesting from Oscar on March 2.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...-testing-site/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information