Page 233 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 1331832232292302312322332342352362372432833337331233 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,825 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know, looking a the countries affected, numbers, and obviously still a long ways to go, but for all the flak Canada gets over here about their healthcare and politics, they're doing extremely well so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know, looking a the countries affected, numbers, and obviously still a long ways to go, but for all the flak Canada gets over here about their healthcare and politics, they're doing extremely well so far.
    New York is maintaining. +14. Let's hope there isn't a late night e. So the idea that they tallied Sunday's total into the mix last night seems more probable. But again, let's hope for no e.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is an ignorant clown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New York is maintaining. +14. Let's hope there isn't a late night e. So the idea that they tallied Sunday's total into the mix last night seems more probable. But again, let's hope for no e.
    Let's hope so. Michigan and Louisiana are starting to look ty. It's like whack-a-mole right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no biggie, just that we discussed it there already. feel free to pick up the discussion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NJ is reporting far more frequently than NY. Look at their case/death ratio and extrapolate that to NY, that's your e tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a mistake. Joshua and Jared Kushner cofounded Oscar health. Jared lobbied for "opportunity zone" tax breaks for Oscar Health.

Jared declared divesting from Oscar on March 2.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...-testing-site/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Land mass larger than us with 1/10th the population probably helps. Not to mention they are annoyingly nice and respectful towards each other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought a Worldwide pandemia would convert atheists into christians, but it turns out that it converts free-marketers into Keynesians.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NJ is reporting far more frequently than NY. Look at their case/death ratio and extrapolate that to NY, that's your e tonight.
    That would be still be "okay." NY had 114 passed yesterday. So if we extrapolate based on new cases, they should be around 17 give or take when the reporting comes, putting their daily at 41. Let's hope for that. I just don't want to see growth from that 114 yesterday (which I still believe was due to delayed reporting from Sunday). And country wide, hope we can stay below two hundred.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be still be "okay." NY had 114 passed yesterday. So if we extrapolate based on new cases, they should be around 17 give or take when the reporting comes, putting their daily at 41. Let's hope for that. I just don't want to see growth from that 114 yesterday (which I still believe was due to delayed reporting from Sunday). And country wide, hope we can stay below two hundred.

Dude, NY in raw numbers is going to rip through Italy soon, and they are just ramping up. Quit hitting refresh, look at the trend, it is grim business

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, NY in raw numbers is going to rip through Italy soon, and they are just ramping up. Quit hitting refresh, look at the trend, it is grim business
    I'm looking at the trends. I assume you're extrapolating like this: General mortality rate (0.9) x daily case count. If so, New York should have around 41 deaths at the end of the day based on that math. Italy's mortality rate is the highest in the world, and here's one of the reasons: https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...01971219303285

Their flu mortality rate is 10x higher than ours.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm looking at the trends. I assume you're extrapolating like this: General mortality rate (0.9) x daily case count. If so, New York should have around 41 deaths at the end of the day based on that math. Italy's mortality rate is the highest in the world, and here's one of the reasons: https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...01971219303285

Their flu mortality rate is 10x higher than ours.
    This is the second straight day you're praying towards GMT, didn't work out so well yesterday and there's no evidence to think there's a downward or stabilized death trend

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the second straight day you're praying towards GMT, didn't work out so well yesterday and there's no evidence to think there's a downward or stabilized death trend
    Just curious how you're extrapolating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA state gov. says they'll run out of ventilators by April 1st.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just curious how you're extrapolating.
    I think trying to use a uniform death rate where data collection is completely sporadic is useless. I'm extrapolating by looking at Italy and Spain (they are peaking right now) and their newly infected vs. deaths day by day. That's at 10% right now. That doesn't mean there's a 10% death rate, only that their peak seems to be registering 6500 a day and seeing 650 die. NY/NJ is on or ahead of their trajectory but lagging 10 days as the numbers ramp up, and will be hitting triple those numbers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is an ignorant clown.

stupid chimp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think trying to use a uniform death rate where data collection is completely sporadic is useless. I'm extrapolating by looking at Italy and Spain (they are peaking right now) and their newly infected vs. deaths day by day. That's at 10% right now. That doesn't mean there's a 10% death rate, only that their peak seems to be registering 6500 a day and seeing 650 die. NY/NJ is on or ahead of their trajectory but lagging 10 days as the numbers ramp up, and will be hitting triple those numbers.
    So you're projecting NY/NJ to hit 1800 deaths per day in 10 days?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and from hole Texas:

How many coronavirus cases in Texas? Depends on who you ask

On Tuesday evening, Texas launched a new system for reporting cases of COVID-19. Officials said the new system will bring the state's count closer to those of counties and other sources that were reporting hundreds more cases.

As of March 24, Texas is reporting 736 coronavirus cases.

The Texas Department of State Health Services is tracking COVID-19 cases in Texas by county. The numbers are reported by local health officials and are current as of 8 p.m. the day before reporting. They may not represent all cases of the disease given limited testing capacity.
    As of March 24 at 5 p.m., there were at least 736 coronavirus cases in Texas. There were 11 reported deaths. At least 13,235 people have been tested.
    County Number of cases
    Dallas 131
    Travis 79
    Tarrant 57
    Bexar 57
    Harris 54
    Collin 38
    Denton 30
    Fort Bend 29
    Lackland Air Force Base * 21
    McLennan 20
    SEE ALL (66)
    Statewide

the most generous accounting of positive cases in the state is a dramatic undercount given the rampant evidence of community spread,

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03...nt-everywhere/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're projecting NY/NJ to hit 1800 deaths per day in 10 days?
    At the high end, yes. At the low end, minimum 700.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abbott, sit down and STFU

“I am governor of 254 counties in the state of Texas,” Abbott said at a press conference Sunday.

“What may be right for places like the large, urban areas may not be right at this particular point in time”

==========

85% of the TX population is now urban.

https://demographics.texas.gov/Resources/publications/2017/2017_08_21_UrbanTexas.pdf

How about the doing the "right thing" for 85% of Texas population?

Thread Information