Page 254 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 1542042442502512522532542552562572582643043547541254 ... LastLast
Results 6,326 to 6,350 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude we understand, it's hard to eat out on a lawyer's salary.
    Its not a money thing but ok, weird flex

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are y'all talking about food shortages/stocking up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    duh, CDC statement

being asymptomatic or slightly symptomatic, aka the stealthy problem, doesn't mean they aren't infectious, which is a big point of emphasis, NOT understated, from Italy's doctors.

Haven't heard much from Spain, but why would it be different?
    That's an issue with every virus, my friend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, but I think a lot of people have a bigger stock than they realize. I know I'm like, "We're out of food" if I'm missing one type of vegetable or meat if I wanted to do use it. I think if I had to, I have at least a month's worth of stuff jammed in the pantry, cupboards and freezer. I was just saying at the house that we still let a ton of food go to waste and could probably make things stretch better if we just committed to eating all our leftovers.
    My mother passed away recently, but was a food hoarder. My dad's pantry... after throwing away the chili powder from 1975 (not making that up), and the expired canned goods, me and pop could probably survive for a month if we had to. Thanks mom. Now I just need to figure out what to do with 6 cans of pickled beets, 8 cans of enchilada mix, and more veg-all than I would care to think about heh.

The town is still pretty early in the pandemic, so I may risk one more trip to the store, then call it quits. wash everything before bringing it inside. Lucky for us soap seems to be pretty darned effective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even bothering with fresh produce ATM. Frozen and canned are just fine for now.
    I'm still getting the easy to scrub produce like tomatoes, apples, and peppers. I even use soap on them. I'm staying away from stuff like green leaf lettuce and strawberries

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is the way goes here. We shoot off topic at the drop of a hat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Couple of weekends ago i had to go to 4 different markets to find potatoes and onions. Things largely calmed down this past weekend but finding rice/bread/broth was still something of a challenge because people can stock up on those without the same concern of them going bad

i think convo was mostly about living in NYC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it might sound awkward, but thinking just in terms solely of virus death rate simply does not capture the whole picture. In a vacuum, sure, the virus infects X, Y die because of it, and you do the math: Y / X * 100.

But there's all sorts of other secondary issues which also pile up and complicate the situation even more, and lead to more fatalities: infected health personnel causes diminished response time, overloaded hospitals means other emergency situations might not get the urgency care they need and lead to more deaths.

You might plan to have a 10%-15% (to throw a number) capacity cushion in normal cir stances, but this thing is going to force you to cope with a 50%-60% sudden increase, and you can rush to try to meet that demand as much as you'd like, but odds are you won't be able to in the span you need to.

That's what the entire social distancing is all about, trying to bring down that sudden e and smooth it out as much as possible.

As much as we'd like to focus on death rate, infection rate is also extremely important here, and unfortunately this thing is a when it comes to that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn, now i feel like an asshole for not getting takeout
    You always came across sorta asshole-ish, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is the way goes here. We shoot off topic at the drop of a hat.
    Couple of weekends ago i had to go to 4 different markets to find potatoes and onions. Things largely calmed down this past weekend but finding rice/bread/broth was still something of a challenge because people can stock up on those without the same concern of them going bad

i think convo was mostly about living in NYC
    Oh ok. I've been at car dealerships (who are apparently essential) all afternoon. I got worried that had hit the fan in the past few hours when I read some of the posts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh ok. I've been at car dealerships (who are apparently essential) all afternoon. I got worried that had hit the fan in the past few hours when I read some of the posts.
    Well don’t be too calm. According to TGY you will be denied food unless you agree to get microchipped

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well don’t be too calm. According to TGY you will be denied food unless you agree to get microchipped
    by joos

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You always came across sorta asshole-ish, tbh
    I do tbh, no need for blue font

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the Antichrist tbh. End times and such

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    85k infections and not even warmed up yet

holy

USA hurtin right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it might sound awkward, but thinking just in terms solely of virus death rate simply does not capture the whole picture. In a vacuum, sure, the virus infects X, Y die because of it, and you do the math: Y / X * 100.

But there's all sorts of other secondary issues which also pile up and complicate the situation even more, and lead to more fatalities: infected health personnel causes diminished response time, overloaded hospitals means other emergency situations might not get the urgency care they need and lead to more deaths.

You might plan to have a 10%-15% (to throw a number) capacity cushion in normal cir stances, but this thing is going to force you to cope with a 50%-60% sudden increase, and you can rush to try to meet that demand as much as you'd like, but odds are you won't be able to in the span you need to.

That's what the entire social distancing is all about, trying to bring down that sudden e and smooth it out as much as possible.

As much as we'd like to focus on death rate, infection rate is also extremely important here, and unfortunately this thing is a when it comes to that.

I don't disagree with anything you're saying. Brings home the question I asked a week ago. Would you rather get this early or late. I'd rather have it early and get it over with. I may have already had it, but no antibody test is available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pastor Who Claimed Covid-19 ‘Hysteria’ Was Plot Against Trump Dies From Virus

As long as I walk in the light of that law [of the Spirit of life], no germ will attach itself to me.
    https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...es-from-virus/

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pastor Who Claimed Covid-19 ‘Hysteria’ Was Plot Against Trump Dies From Virus

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...es-from-virus/
    Win stupid prizes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't disagree with anything you're saying. Brings home the question I asked a week ago. Would you rather get this early or late. I'd rather have it early and get it over with. I may have already had it, but no antibody test is available.
    From a scientific standpoint, anti-body tests will tell you who has been infected and eventually let you do some stats, and hopefully help for the next time.

But the idea of early testing when this didn't hit the fan yet was so we could gauge which areas looked like they were going to need more help, and we could plan accordingly, shift resources, etc. It's too late for that now, and it was a lost opportunity. Now, we're just going to find out the worst way possible, as deaths pile up.

At this point, the real silver bullet here would be to find a treatment that can be self-administered with a relatively good prognosis. Something that minimizes hospital stays for the less severe cases. I rather not get it until a vaccine is available, any other time is just always risky. But if I get, we can't avoid dealing with it.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Corona also gives some older people lung damage. We don't know if it's short term or long term. Lung complications would set you back a couple years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not a money thing but ok, weird flex
    I was just messing with you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Corona also gives some older people lung damage. We don't know if it's short term or long term. Lung complications would set you back a couple years.
    Gee, thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, like this...

looks like United States of Venezuela, tbh... hater get in here...

Thread Information