Page 264 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 1642142542602612622632642652662672682743143647641264 ... LastLast
Results 6,576 to 6,600 of 40770
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hospitalization and fatalities are where it’s at. Fatalities is a variable and relatively wide lagging indicator.
    Yeah hospitalization is definitely the best short term indicator we have in absence of testing but they're not reporting that everywhere. Even in NY the data is lagged days at a time.

Still, its by far the best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because deaths give you a picture that is weeks old. You don't get the disease and die, you get it and develop symptoms up to two weeks later, and then spend up to 4 weeks on a ventilator before you die. There are faster timelines for that, but not all. Its a delayed response.
    I get that, but you still don't think deaths can indicate the size of the spread? Meaning all those patients on ventilators would die in relatively short times of each other (or the lagging data finally being recorded) leading to a ed death rate. I feel it the virus was super prevalent in Texas (like Louisiana level) we'd start seeing that death count hit the inflection point and then e, as it did in Louisiana. I assume this is perhaps your fear, as LA seemed to be steady and then just ed. That said, I'm still cautiously optimistic for Texas. That's all I was getting at.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get that, but you still don't think deaths can indicate the size of the spread? Meaning all those patients on ventilators would die in relatively short times of each other (or the lagging data finally being recorded) leading to a ed death rate. I feel it the virus was super prevalent in Texas (like Louisiana level) we'd start seeing that death count hit the inflection point and then e, as it did in Louisiana. I assume this is perhaps your fear, as LA seemed to be steady and then just ed. That said, I'm still cautiously optimistic for Texas. That's all I was getting at.
    Mid can you make a statistic that has infection counts to airport traffic?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah hospitalization is definitely the best short term indicator we have in absence of testing but they're not reporting that everywhere. Even in NY the data is lagged days at a time.

Still, its by far the best.
    I edited it. Not just hospitalizations but new admissions. That’s maybe a 4-5 day lag from peak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if it's so much positivity as it is skepticism of doomsday alarmism.
    what # of infected/death would cross your personal "doomsday alarmism" threshold, tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mid can you make a statistic that has infection counts to airport traffic?
    Here's a list of the busiest airports (you can crosscheck case counts with these areas). Doesn't seem to be much correlation:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...raft_movements

Seems the biggest factor that drives spread is population density. New York is actually pretty "quiet" outside of the burrows. https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

And hopefully the warm weather/UV light idea has veracity. That'd be huge.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a list of the busiest airports (you can crosscheck case counts with these areas). Doesn't seem to be much correlation:

Seems the biggest factor that drives spread is population density. New York is actually pretty "quiet" outside of the burrows. https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

And hopefully the warm weather/UV light idea has veracity. That'd be huge.
    I can confirm density is the biggest factor to infection rates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, I thought the whole GM ventilators saga brought back that whole free market discussion, and how this country is wholly unprepared to put country over money...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LAX has to be infestation central, IMO. Avoid at all costs (I live like 30 blocks away).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spanish version is more legit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never saw this ousted. Maybe just missed it.

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/...01e8b9cafc8b83

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, I thought the whole GM ventilators saga brought back that whole free market discussion, and how this country is wholly unprepared to put country over money...
    Defense Production Act good now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defense Production Act good now.
    Yeah, which goes to show this isn't new either... we just used to deal with this nonsense a lot quicker back then...

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, which goes to show this isn't new either... we just used to deal with this nonsense a lot quicker back then...
    Now we Art of the Deal with it.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    LAX has to be infestation central, IMO. Avoid at all costs (I live like 30 blocks away).
    rofl, I thought you were in NJ for some reason. I knew you were close to a COVID hotspot but I was only off about 3,000 miles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rofl, I thought you were in NJ for some reason. I knew you were close to a COVID hotspot but I was only off about 3,000 miles
    lmao, I moved last year, tbh.... secret sauces tipped me about the impending doom

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're following Kawhi. You need a new el cliente

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're following Kawhi. You need a new el cliente
    can't out-con uncle dennis, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want to see an epic vocal performance with no autotune

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

wrong thread?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charter gives techs $25 gift cards instead of hazard pay during pandemic

Charter Communications is giving its cable technicians $25 restaurant gift cards instead of hazard pay for going into customer homes during the coronavirus pandemic, BuzzFeed reported yesterday. The gift cards are a "token of our appreciation," an internal email from management on Monday said, BuzzFeed reported. Of course, many restaurants are closed during the pandemic, so restaurant gift cards aren't the most useful perk Charter management could have chosen.

"These gift cards never expire, so if you choose a restaurant that is currently not open, the card will remain valid for future use... Please take some time out of your busy day to enjoy a meal and recharge," the email read.

Several Charter employees did not appreciate the minimal gesture. "It's really insensitive, it shows they don't care," one New York City-based technician told BuzzFeed. "You think a gift card is supposed to make us feel better?"
    No hand sanitizer or gloves

BuzzFeed previously reported that Charter technicians are being sent to customer homes without protective equipment such as masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer. The internal email to Charter technicians said the company has now "secured access to hand sanitizer and gloves, which would be available for workers to use 'in the next few weeks,'" according to BuzzFeed. Numerous customers have asked Charter techs "why they aren't in full protective gear."

A Charter spokesperson told BuzzFeed that "The response from the technicians to all our recent changes, along with the gift card gesture, has been very positive."

Charter, operator of Spectrum TV and Internet service, is the second-largest cable company in the US after Comcast. Charter has been slow to let call-center workers and other office-based employees work from home during the pandemic. We interviewed several Charter employees about their work conditions last week, with one saying a call center is "an absolute nightmare breeding ground for germs on a normal basis."

https://arstechnica.com/information-...ring-pandemic/

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lmao, I moved last year, tbh.... secret sauces tipped me about the impending doom
    no more high-octane for you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no more high-octane for you
    at 3x the price

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wth is this D?

My Team