Page 27 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137771275271027 ... LastLast

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Live updates: Oregon coronavirus infection becomes third case of unknown origin in U.S.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While Trash's messagings is that the covid-19 is hoax by the Dems, the Real Govt ACTIONS expose Trash's LIES

America calls off major meeting of world leaders in Las Vegas as Trump continues to downplay coronavirus risks

as the commander-in-chief was referring to the epidemic as a “hoax,”

his own administration was reportedly cancelling a major global meeting.

“The Trump administration has called off a major summit of Asian leaders next month in Las Vegas amid growing alarm over the coronavirus,”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/america-calls-off-major-meeting-of-world-leaders-in-las-vegas-as-trump-continues-to-downplay-coronavirus-risks/

Also, the hoax is alive and well in Italy. The State Dept has warned Americans about travelling to Hoax-aly

===============

US govt TRAVEL ADVISORY

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...-advisory.html

Last edited by boutons_deux; 02-29-2020 at 10:47 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised you guys aren't celebrating the coronavirus. It pretty much just kills baby boomers and older. Smoking is another high risk factor. The china numbers may not be transferable to the US since 50% of the Chinese still smoke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised you guys aren't celebrating the coronavirus. It pretty much just kills baby boomers and older. Smoking is another high risk factor. The china numbers may not be transferable to the US since 50% of the Chinese still smoke.
    2% kill rate is nothing to gloat about tbqh

the pressure on health, security services and economy is what will affect everyone.

the possibility of overfilled hospitals and lack of drugs will affect all ages

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just read accounts of one young and one old person and are very similar. Start with coughing, loss of energy and then start with fever which requires most to go to hospital for drugs. IV, HIV drugs is needed by most. (at least based on the accounts read) after a few days 98% should recover.

But imagine thousands upon thousands of ppl needing all this care. China is commendable what they are doing tbqh. They promised free healthcare to anyone infected. USA not so much

China also just sent teams of doctors to Iran to help them out. USA and Pompeo poured salt on Iran's wounds by joking and saying sanctions will remain.

China leading while others monkeying around

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2% kill rate is nothing to gloat about tbqh

the pressure on health, security services and economy is what will affect everyone.

the possibility of overfilled hospitals and lack of drugs will affect all ages
    The china death rate outside Hubei province (where wuhan is) is only .4%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    within china maybe. they are doing a great job

the death rate in Iran and Italy are higher than 2% tbqh

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought it didn't really discriminate on age. For instance, it just killed a 22 year-old Iranian poorball player.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    within china maybe. they are doing a great job

the death rate in Iran and Italy are higher than 2% tbqh
    You don’t know what the death rate is and neither do the people you got this from.
    These could just be people that got so ill they came in. Again, many people will probably get this and stay home and never see a medical facility and be fine. But we could all panic and rush to where all the really sick people are. Then everyone could wait around with each other.

You are getting a selected sample that is not true of the whole. There are ways of modeling this and getting better numbers but you would have to use China. They are not reliable. The main reason this is more interesting (Panic for some) than the flu is because it’s not the flu, more like MERS AND SARS.

This board has mutated from financial experts into top notch epidemiologists.

We would like to have so much more information.

The news taken second by second and analyzed, just like FOX and CNN.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "You don’t know what the death rate"

so you think China is lying about the number of dead/infected?

let's say 2 or 3% mortality is way too high

let's crank it down to 1%.

That's still MANY TIMES the mortality rate for seasonal flu, which kills about 90K every year in USA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of 705 passengers infected on that cruise ship, 6 died.

And a lot of them were older people.

1% is about right

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    from an latimes email, the Dem/media hoax is spreading

"California recorded a new case of the coronavirus Friday in Santa Clara County

in a patient who had
    no known exposure through travel or close contactwith an infected person,

raising concerns that it could be
    spreading in communities."

Last edited by boutons_deux; 02-29-2020 at 12:18 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If true, that's 4X deadlier than the flu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of 705 passengers infected on that cruise ship, 6 died.

And a lot of them were older people.

1% is about right
    CC and DarrinS are now epidemiologists in their own right, and who would have guessed, they agree that COVID-19 isn't such a big deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like the key was/is containment. A high percentage, up to 20%, have required intensive medical care. Hubnei’s health system was rapidly and severely overwhelmed, many not even admitted to the hospital before they died. Where China was able to better contain the outbreak outside of Hubnei and facilities weren’t overwhelmed mortality is reported as lower. If outbreak and penetrant is not widespread in the US and the health system isn’t overwhelmed it should be manageable with apparently some increased mortality relative to the average flu. If widespread and the system can’t handle it not so good.

An anti-viral drug like Remdesvir if effective in mitigating at least somewhat the disease would be a great help.
    Last edited by picnroll; 02-29-2020 at 12:28 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought it didn't really discriminate on age. For instance, it just killed a 22 year-old Iranian poorball player.
    They live in information zone that Trash floods with . They swallow every turd without question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just in time inventory management and global supply chains bake in systemic fragility:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    France’s health minister has said that gatherings of more than 5,000 people, in a confined space, will be banned. This comes as the country’s number of confirmed cases rose to 73 on Saturday.

5,000 people? That should help immensely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    S Korea: Free

USA: Thoughts and prayers

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    France’s health minister has said that gatherings of more than 5,000 people, in a confined space, will be banned. This comes as the country’s number of confirmed cases rose to 73 on Saturday.

5,000 people? That should help immensely.
    yep, weird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    S Korea: Free

USA: Thoughts and prayers

in the usa it will probably cost about 3,000 for a test and will be charged to patient if no insurance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CC and DarrinS are now epidemiologists in their own right, and who would have guessed, they agree that COVID-19 isn't such a big deal.
    The numbers are easily available for those with the intellectual curiosity to look for them which clearly leaves you out. All you want to do is throw shade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    California coronavirus patient was not tested for several days;

some hospital staffers told to stay home

the patient arrived at UC Davis Medical Center from another hospital Feb. 19. But the patient was not tested until Sunday.

“Upon admission, our team asked public health officials if this case could be
    COVID-19.

We requested COVID-19 testing by the [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention],

since neither Sacramento County nor the California Department of Public Health is doing testing for coronavirus at this time.

Since the patient did not fit the existing CDC criteria for COVID-19,

a test was not immediately administered.

UC Davis Health does not control the testing process,”

“the CDC ordered COVID-19 testing of the patient, and

the patient was put on airborne precautions and strict contact precautions,

because of our concerns about the patient’s condition.”

The positive test results came back Wednesday,

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-02-27/california-coronavirus-patient-was-not-tested-for-several-days-uc-davis-says?utm_source=Essential+California&utm_campaign= b905ce0a36-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_02_29_02_58&utm_medium=email&u tm_term=0_6e35f7f85b-b905ce0a36-80115881

So how many others did this covid-19 sickie infect before going for health care?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The numbers are easily available for those with the intellectual curiosity to look for them which clearly leaves you out. All you want to do is throw shade.
    If you have them in your pocket, why not share with everybody?

Your record of prognostication in these pages is terrible. If you don't post your sources there's no reason to think it isn't more yet more CC PFA analysis.

Thread Information