Page 276 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 1762262662722732742752762772782792802863263767761276 ... LastLast
Results 6,876 to 6,900 of 40768
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good luck finding a pickup time.
    I tried a 3 or 4 times this past week. HEB curbside slots were 10 days out, home delivery was a couple days shorter.

Walmart only schedules for today and tomorrow, also booked.

I had to go in person.

will get riskier as SA infections explode from 100+ to many 1000s.

wealthy 78209 is one zip with most infections.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coronavirus could kill 81,000 in U.S., subside in June

The number of hospitalized patients is expected to peak nationally by the second week of April, though the peak may come later in some states.

Some people could continue to die of the virus as late as July,

although deaths should be below epidemic levels of 10 per day by June at the latest

the number of U.S. deaths could vary widely, ranging from as low as around 38,000 to as high as around 162,000.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-forecast/coronavirus-could-kill-81000-in-u-s-subside-in-june-washington-university-analysis-idUSKBN21E00Z?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_so urce=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed% 3A+reuters%2FtopNews+%28News+%2F+US+%2F+Top+News%2 9

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'This Is a Massive Scandal':

Trump FDA Grants Drug Company Exclusive Claim on Promising Coronavirus Drug

Food and Drug Administration granted Gilead Sciences "orphan" drug status for remdesivir,

Having secured orphan drug status, Gilead Sciences

can now profit exclusively off the drug for seven years and

could block manufacturers from developing generic versions of the drug which might be more accessible to many patients.

The company can set price controls on the drug as well as benefiting from grants and tax credits.

given to a company where Joe Grogan,

a member of President Donald Trump's "coronavirus task force,"

worked as a lobbyist from 2011 to 2017,

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/03/24/massive-scandal-trump-fda-grants-drug-company-exclusive-claim-promising-coronavirus?cd-origin=rss&utm_term=AO&utm_campaign=Weekly%20Newsl etter&utm_content=email&utm_source=Weekly%20Newsle tter&utm_medium=Email

I expect Gilead will give a huge bonus to Grogan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tried a 3 or 4 times this past week. HEB curbside slots were 10 days out, home delivery was a couple days shorter.

Walmart only schedules for today and tomorrow, also booked.

I had to go in person.

will get riskier as SA infections explode from 100+ to many 1000s.

wealthy 78209 is one zip with most infections.
    Even before the rona, you weren't getting curbside the same day unless you ordered first thing in the morning. It helps to look around at neighboring HEBs though. My local HEB had a 2 week wait when I looked about a week ago but the HEB by Lackland AFB was only a one week wait. Got my groceries yesterday. Toilet paper and ramen noodles were removed from my order but other than that got everything we need for the next two weeks, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [demonstrates inability to tell the difference between data and anecdotes to score cheap points]
    [mild amusement at continuing failures of reasoning]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Rhode Island backed off after Cuomo threatened to sue them.

It's wide open...like MSM wants it.
    Rhode Island is hardly 'rural America'

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    [mild amusement at continuing failures of reasoning]
    You’re giddy at the thought of enough Republicans dying that it will swing the election towards Democrats. Meanwhile Democratic leaning cities cities are being hit the hardest and I don’t see a single Republican here getting excited about that. You’re a disgusting and pathetic human being.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re giddy at the thought of enough Republicans dying that it will swing the election towards Democrats. Meanwhile Democratic leaning cities cities are being hit the hardest and I don’t see a single Republican here getting excited about that. You’re a disgusting and pathetic human being.
    You're pretty gleeful in posting those "NY Dem" pics and articles.

Still no comment on the same thing happening in the FL church?

Of course not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, actually i am not giddy at the thought of anyone dying. It is a tragedy. Yet another TSA lie.

I am not, however, going to waste too much emotional energy mourning for people whose cultish devotion to their information bubble put themselves and others at risk.

Also noticed your qualification. "republican here" wonder how hard I would have to look to find such sentiment? Guessing not very hard.

Democratic NYC is being hit first, and I would be willing to bet that since the Trump Death Cult is convinced that sacrificing nana to the stock market is the way to keep themselves in power, that will change over time.

Keep things open longer, don't take as many precautions, open up sooner after lockdowns, are all policies now favored by the Trump Death Cult, and each of those preferred policies will cause more spreading, and you know it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some other people beat me to it, but the whole value of life argument is definitely debatable. Don't forget also they're 4x the size of our population. And right now they're already shipping out PPE and ventilators to other countries. Besides Italy, I know a few South American countries receiving Chinese ventilators and PPE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, actually i am not giddy at the thought of anyone dying. It is a tragedy. Yet another TSA lie.

I am not, however, going to waste too much emotional energy mourning for people whose cultish devotion to their information bubble put themselves and others at risk.

Also noticed your qualification. "republican here" wonder how hard I would have to look to find such sentiment? Guessing not very hard.

Democratic NYC is being hit first, and I would be willing to bet that since the Trump Death Cult is convinced that sacrificing nana to the stock market is the way to keep themselves in power, that will change over time.

Keep things open longer, don't take as many precautions, open up sooner after lockdowns, are all policies now favored by the Trump Death Cult, and each of those preferred policies will cause more spreading, and you know it.
    I posted pictures of dumbasses in Austin too.

Not giddy.

The church leaders are being especially irresponsible. Just like DiBlasio or Trump.

Leadership counts. If you can' t objectively conclude that Trump is ty at it right now, you're either stupid or in denial for pathetic political reasons.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't ing care, they don't ing think.

The script from Trash, BigFinance, BigBusiness is out, and the rightwingnutjob asshole sheeple read from it verbatim

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democratic leaning cities cities are being hit the hardest
    The coronavirus is starting to hit rural America hard—here’s a map of the counties most affected
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/29/coro...-pandemic.html

[shrugs]

Sure about that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a food for thought question to be answered later on. There's nothing to gain right now pointing fingers.

That's whataboutism, and really, I don't completely disagree, but it's not the road to introspection. Mistakes were made here and hopefully we learn from that.
    Of course, but after this is over/subsidies, I don't want the discussion of how unprepared/complacent we were to deflect from the fact whose primary fault it is. It's like if someone robbed your house and you beat yourself up for not owning a gun while not casting blame/anger at the actual responsible party: the piece of who robbed your house. I'm not saying you're thinking like this, but I'm seeing a lot of "leave China alone!" making the rounds in comment sections and the like (probably their propaganda troll army putting in work). And mainstream Western media has been limp ed in this regard, Fox News aside (who will be right for once).

This is the kind of excoriating I want to see from us (from a mainstream Indian news channel I stumbled into):

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    famous ppl in Us are starting to drop lie flies

Country singer, ABC broadcaster, CFO , etc

s getting real

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ...& an insufferable sore head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    muh China trying to play the hero

Spain sends back China's coronavirus testing kits after they fail to work
    https://www.sify.com/news/spain-send...Tfhefjffa.html

That's "Made in China" for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course, but after this is over/subsidies, I don't want the discussion of how unprepared/complacent we were to deflect from the fact whose primary fault it is. It's like if someone robbed your house and you beat yourself up for not owning a gun while not casting blame/anger at the actual responsible party: the piece of who robbed your house. I'm not saying you're thinking like this, but I'm seeing a lot of "leave China alone!" making the rounds in comment sections and the like (probably their propaganda troll army putting in work). And mainstream Western media has been limp ed in this regard, Fox News aside (who will be right for once).

This is the kind of excoriating I want to see from us (from a mainstream Indian news channel I stumbled into):

And if China doesn't change?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

& it's going to be oodles more difficult to sue (China) vs. Americans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some other people beat me to it, but the whole value of life argument is definitely debatable. Don't forget also they're 4x the size of our population. And right now they're already shipping out PPE and ventilators to other countries. Besides Italy, I know a few South American countries receiving Chinese ventilators and PPE.
    PR move. And they're charging for them. Not giving them to afflicted countries out of the goodness of their hearts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PR move. And they're charging for them. Not giving them to afflicted countries out of the goodness of their hearts.
    wake me up when US starts selling ventilators to other countries

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And if China doesn't change?
    They won't because the world is too reliant upon them. The world could in theory threaten to cut off trade with them until they agree to become a transparent democracy, but again, won't happen because multinational corporations put profits before integrity. And the proverbial "consumer" will keep lapping up the cheap that comes from their factories.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wake me up when US starts selling ventilators to other countries
    : leave China alone :

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They won't because the world is too reliant upon them. The world could in theory threaten to cut off trade with them until they agree to become a transparent democracy, but again, won't happen because multinational corporations put profits before integrity. And the proverbial "consumer" will keep lapping up the cheap that comes from their factories.
    Then it's up to us to do things and not worry about China.

Thread Information